NRA Statement on Virginia Governor’s Gun Control Proposals

Opinion

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam
Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam

Fairfax, VA – -(Ammoland.com)- The National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action's director of public affairs, Jennifer Baker, released the following statement on Tuesday in reaction to Gov. Ralph Northam's gun control proposals:

“Gov. Northam is following the gun control playbook by exploiting a tragedy to push his failed political agenda. The fact is none of the governor's gun control proposals would have prevented the horrible tragedy at Virginia Beach. If Gov. Northam is genuinely interested in pursuing policies that will save lives, he should focus on prosecuting violent criminals and fixing our broken mental health system, instead of blaming Virginia's law-abiding gun owners for the actions of a deranged murderer.”


National Rifle Association Institute For Legislative Action (NRA-ILA)

About:
Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the “lobbying” arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Visit: www.nra.org

  • 11
    Leave a Reply

    Please Login to comment
    9 Comment threads
    2 Thread replies
    0 Followers
     
    Most reacted comment
    Hottest comment thread
    10 Comment authors
    BarbaraTacitustomcatTad Polewillyd Recent comment authors
      Subscribe  
    Notify of
    Barbara
    Guest
    Barbara

    All ‘gun control laws’ are un-Constitutional. Article 6, U.S. Constitution “The Constitution…shall be the supreme law of the land”. Therefore, no legislative law, Executive Order or local decree may limit, deny, change or modify the Constitution. THAT is called the ‘Supremacy Clause’. Article 6 continues “All laws must conform to and be made pursuant to the Constitution”. Therefore, any legislative law, Executive Order or local decree not in 100% harmony with the U.S. Constitution, is null & void. Americans could own any firearm of any type they wanted until the 1934 NFA. The U.S. Congress fearing the WW1 veterans they… Read more »

    Tacitus
    Guest
    Tacitus

    I just want to see Ralphie moonwalk!

    tomcat
    Guest
    tomcat

    Kill babies and take guns away from honest citizens. I am beginning to get the opinion that he favors criminals and low lives. There are just too many good people around and it ruins his image.

    Tad Pole
    Guest
    Tad Pole

    “GUN FREE ZONE” are killing zones. The only way to STOP a bad guy with a GUN, is a GOOD guy with a GUN. 98% of Public Mass Shootings occur in “GUN-FREE ZONES”. The other 2% occur in areas that were immediately Adjacent To “GUN-FREE Zones” (such as Parking Lots or Streets just outside the building). How many people who died in this shooting or were working in this building that were CCH left their weapon outside to Honor this “Gun Free Zone”

    willyd
    Guest
    willyd

    Boy how true P/Points put the make-up back on!!!!!!!!!

    Uncle T
    Guest
    Uncle T

    I was slightly heartened by the VA Speaker saying that the governor can call a special session but can’t dictate what they talk about and vote on. Then I see that most if not all the seats will be up for election next year and there are some soft spined types in the slim Republican majority. Even the good wife has expressed doubts they’ll go against Gov Blackface and she usually doesn’t comment on things like this. Sadly, my delegate is a democrat and will likely vote for gun control. He did get an earful from me when he visited… Read more »

    John
    Guest
    John

    Walk into a place where those there are armed, start shit and die.

    Walk into a place where those there are unarmed, start shit and kill, and kill, and kill, and kill.

    Those who advocate gun free zones have the blood of those unarmed victims on their hands, but of course they will deny such and advocate more restrictions!

    Dan Molnar
    Guest
    Dan Molnar

    Virginia Governor needs to get real this person had everything going for him he decided on that day too commit Jihad .

    conrad
    Guest
    conrad

    I wouldn’t trust Michael Jackson further than I could throw him.
    If there was ever a picture of a craven, self-serving, water carrying Democrat, this is it.

    Dave in Fairfax
    Editor
    Dave in Fairfax

    I sent our darling Governor a letter, what have you done?

    conrad
    Guest
    conrad

    I waited for you Dave. Thank you for telling this racist bigot to get bent.
    He’s not my Governor, Inslee receives my missives.