U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- Ghost Gunner 3 is a ground-up redesign of Ghost Gunner 2, incorporating all the CNC experience and knowledge we’ve acquired over the past five years. Below are some key highlights and differences between GG2 and GG3:
- GG3 cuts steel – including heat-treated AK 80% receivers, we’re working to release code and jigs in 2020.
- 5x faster cutting
- Greatly improved spindle rigidity and runout
- Twice the build space
- True closed-loop digital VFD controller
- Automatic X-table leveling
- LED-lit build space
- Removable probe lead
- Backwards compatible with AR-15, AR-.308, 1911, Polymer80 frames and receivers
- User-removable outside enclosure
- All motors now inside the enclosure
- Better chip guards reduce chip accumulation into bearings
- Emergency Stop button
- Carrying Handles
- Optical limit switches
- Improved electronics for increased probe trip and accuracy
- Temp controlled internal fan
- GG3 will be shipped with DDCut V, our latest software that allows for automatic updates and logging for support
Other key details
- The price of the machine has only increased by $100 per unit, $2,100 (before s&h)
- GG3 will be compatible with aftermarket jigs and engraving software from companies like GGD and GhostWriter
- This iteration of the machine continues to exceed even our expectations- we’re excited for our customers to experience what it has to offer
- Ghost Gunner is a Defense Distributed project
You can see our release announcement video here.
NOTE | Since our announcement two weeks ago, we have had over 500 people reserve their GG3. We will begin shipping this first production run in January 2020. We have now opened up the waitlist for our second production run, aiming to begin shipping in early March. First come, first serve.
Based out of Austin, Texas, Defense Distributed has been pushing the outer limits of technology in the firearms industry for the past seven years. We are currently involved in several multi-state lawsuits, whose outcomes will directly affect the First and Second Amendments. If you would like to find out more about Defense Distributed’s legal efforts, technical projects, and becoming a member of our organization, you can check out Legio.
We’d love to point you in the direction of our social media but we’ve been banned across all platforms.
About Defense Distributed:
Defense Distributed was founded as the first private defense contractor in service of the general public. Beginning with 2012’s Wiki Weapon project, DD has advanced the state of the art in small scale, digital, personal gunsmithing technology ever since.
Since 2013, DD has protected its technical advancements on First and Second amendment grounds in the federal courts. Our most famous victory is a settlement with the US State Department over ITAR classifications of small arms technical data. We continue the fight today, learn our latest legal news through LEGIO.