Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2021, H.R. 38 Gets Endorsement from GOA ~ VIDEO

Concealed Carry Handgun Firearm Reciprocity
Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2021, H.R. 38 Gets Endorsement from GOA

Washington, DC – -(AmmoLand.com)- Today, Representative Richard Hudson (NC-08) introduced H.R. 38 the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2021 with an incredible and bipartisan 154 original cosponsors.

H.R. 38 the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2021

“On the opening day of the 117th Congress, U.S. Representative Richard Hudson (NC-08) introduced H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. The bipartisan legislation has a record 154 original cosponsors.

“Our Second Amendment rights do not disappear when we cross state lines, and H.R. 38 guarantees that,” said Rep. Hudson. “The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2021 is a common sense solution to provide law-abiding citizens the right to conceal carry and travel freely between states without worrying about conflicting state codes or onerous civil suits. I am especially proud to have such widespread and bipartisan support for this measure and will work with my colleagues to get this legislation over the finish line.”

H.R. 38 would allow people with state-issued concealed carry licenses or permits to conceal a handgun in any other state, as long as the permit holder follows the laws of that state. It also allows residents of Constitutional carry states the ability to carry in other states.

Rep. Hudson has introduced the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act in previous years. In Dec. 2017, the bill passed in the U.S. House by a vote of 231-198, yet was not taken up in the U.S. Senate. Rep. Hudson said at the time he would continue to pursue the legislation until it reaches final passage.

H.R. 38, which is supported by major pro-Second Amendment groups, has been called “the greatest gun rights boost since the ratification of the Second Amendment in 1791.” This legislation is part of Rep. Hudson's overall leadership in Congress to defend the Second Amendment on behalf of millions of law-abiding citizens.

His recent efforts include leading a letter to the U.S. Attorney General and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) urging the agency to withdraw a proposed rule on pistol stabilizing braces. Following Rep. Hudson's outreach and calls on the public to submit comments, the ATF withdrew the rule on Dec. 23, 2020.

After being introduced, H.R. 38 now waits to be assigned to a committee in the U.S. House.”

This historic and bipartisan number of 154 original sponsors demonstrates unity around the Second Amendment.

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2021, H.R. 38

About Gun Owners of America

GOA spokespeople are available for interviews. Gun Owners of America, and its sister organization Gun Owners Foundation, are nonprofits dedicated to protecting the right to keep and bear arms without compromise. For more information, visit GOA at www.gunowners.org.

Gun Owners of America GOA logo

Charlie Foxtrot
Charlie Foxtrot
11 days ago

More virtue signaling for the clueless masses!

Xaun Loc
Xaun Loc
11 days ago

Yawn. Introducing HR38 is a sham, the bill will never even get out of committee to be voted down on the floor.

musicman44mag
musicman44mag
11 days ago

your comment was approved. Ok, Hello, not trying to be a smart ass here but from what I read the day the actual document posted, they were only withdrawing the notice and request for comments section for pistol braces, not the actual change of classification of what a pistol brace is or trying to change pistols into SBR’s. From this article. (AmmoLand.com)- On December 23rd, ATF posted a document to its website indicating that its recently published Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with “Stabilizing Braces” is withdrawn. Taken from the actual document itself. Deputy Attorney General, ATF is withdrawing, pending further Department of Justice… Read more »

Last edited 11 days ago by musicman44mag
KK
KK
11 days ago

If it does pass (I’ll believe it when I see it) . . .
are they gonna ram it through fast for TRUMP to sign?
. . . or are we gonna wait for Biden to sign it while he’s signing his federal “assault weapon” and high capacity magazine ban.

HowardR
HowardR
11 days ago

It doesn’t matter if it passes or not. You already have the right to carry in any state. A CCW is just a means for the government to sell your rights back to you.

KK
KK
Reply to  HowardR

HAHAHA
Nice thoughts to ponder as you’re doing 10 years in a Jersey prison.

Geoff
Geoff
Reply to  KK

Lol. My Statist sense is tingling.

musicman44mag
musicman44mag
Reply to  HowardR

We have the God given right, not the right from our separate state governments.

StLPro2A
StLPro2A
5 days ago
Reply to  musicman44mag

God doesn’t fear his children exercising their God given rights. He has never arrested anyone for exercising their God given rights. But, tyrannical government thugs, not so much so. They fear free men exercising their God given rights. Sadly, they also aren’t smart enough to fear God.

Last edited 5 days ago by StLPro2A
gooder12
gooder12
11 days ago

Never say Never. I lean more to the left then the right, but I don’t much care for either of our main parties. Now how can I be in favor of National CC yet lean to the left, easy, I have been a Gunner since I was 12 and that means 56 years of enjoying the sports of shooting, and self protection. I travel our Great Land which means I am not legal in many states with my DCC, and other dedicated truck guns. So I have been waiting for a long time for National CC, and I ain’t gonna… Read more »

Cam
Cam
11 days ago

The fact that a drivers license that is not a right and marriage license that the government should have zero say in are accepted across the nation but ccw license, when carrying a guy is a right, are not is a travesty and proof that all government is running amuck!

Riverwolf
Riverwolf
11 days ago

This is not needed. A CCW holder should never travel to a State where they are not welcome and spend their money there. There are plenty of friendly States to travel to and spend your hard earned cash. This is the one little thing you can all do to help the poor souls that live in Blue States that are on our side. Punish the opressors with your checkbook. Doesn’t stand a chance of passing anyway.

musicman44mag
musicman44mag
Reply to  Riverwolf

Amen, When traveling I first avoid the state, go around it and if I have to go through it I gas up in the state before and drive straight through, if I have to stay a night, I do so at the rest area or at the Walmart and the next day cook my breakfast with my food from the other state and then move on.

Neanderthal75
Neanderthal75
Reply to  Riverwolf

Yeah, that’s nice in theory, but some of us have family and friends in those States, and some of those States used to be weapons friendly, but the Kalifornicator migration turned them stone cold blue. Many of those family and friends are either elderly, or in seriously ill health for whatever reason. This means that if someone dies whom we love, I’m going to stay out of a state because of the horse crap anti 2A laws? Some might choose to be cold-hearted Pricks, I’ll just take a few extra knives with me and still be legal, and still be… Read more »

Charlie Foxtrot
Charlie Foxtrot
Reply to  Riverwolf

So, no carry permit holder should be in DC tomorrow, got it! We “punish the oppressors” by not showing up! Smart!

Ryben Flynn
Ryben Flynn
11 days ago

It will Probably die like the Hearing Protection Act deregulating suppressors, or “silencers” as the ATF officially calls them.

Charlie Foxtrot
Charlie Foxtrot
Reply to  Ryben Flynn

The original patent called them silencers!

normdvorak
normdvorak
11 days ago

Although our 2nd Amendment says nothing about having to have permission from any Government in order to keep, own and carry a weapon of our choice this Bill is a step towards getting the full rights of our 2nd Amendment rights completely restored.

Neanderthal75
Neanderthal75
Reply to  normdvorak

Yeah, that’s easy to say but not easy to do when you think about the reality, you know you may have heard that word before reality, when you have a wife, children, mortgage, job, vehicle payments, you know a life. Some folks like me, no wife, no kids, no mortgage payment, no vehicle payment, you know no life? Those of us in that case, plus being a really bad health, we have a lot less to lose and so we can step to the floor when the time comes and do what we need to do. How about you wake… Read more »

Matt in Oklahoma
Matt in Oklahoma
11 days ago

It’s not goin to pass because the numbers aren’t there

Stag
Stag
11 days ago

Republicans are all about introducing bills when they know it will never pass. They’re spineless.

RoyD
RoyD
11 days ago

“H.R. 38 would allow people with state-issued concealed carry licenses or permits to conceal a handgun in any other state, as long as the permit holder follows the laws of that state.”

And when those states pass a law that does not allow non military/law enforcement to possess ammunition while carrying a firearm, what then?

musicman44mag
musicman44mag
Reply to  RoyD

What if your gun holds more then 10 rounds? Am I supposed to buy a special pistol that meets their round count demand or only have ten bullets in it or does it not make any difference because if I wanted to I could put more in it? Kommiefornia is one of those states. So I will be allowed to carry in all states but I still need to know each states individual law? Montana had a problem with cities making their own carry, non carry laws. They nipped it in the bud last year and passed a law that… Read more »

JSNMGC
JSNMGC
11 days ago

Who cares what restrictions are placed on those non-government employees? LEOs have LEOSA and it is a top (meaning highest for some) priority to ensure legislators are not infringed in D.C. So what if non-government employees can’t carry? Who do they think they are anyway? They are not professional enough to carry. Just watch the Republican politicians act like they care about the 2nd Amendment now that they have even less control. They (McConnell and friends) could have passed this bill in 2017. I like the passive tense “the bill was not taken up in the U.S. Senate.” The article… Read more »

Grigori
Grigori
Reply to  JSNMGC

Reading the article, I could not help but think that Scumbag Mitch will be sure to keep it from being considered in The Senate, yet again.

RoyD
RoyD
Reply to  Grigori

You apparently don’t understand how things work. It has to pass in the House before it can be sent to the Senate for consideration. That is not going to happen.

Grigori
Grigori
Reply to  RoyD

True, there is that. Just sayin’ even if they were to pass it in the House, Scumbag Mitch is like a Turkey-necked chronic bowel obstruction. Nothing productive will get past him.