Do Something Positive For Gun Rights This Week
Illinois –-(Ammoland.com)- As a law-abiding Illinois firearm owner, it should come as no surprise to you that your rights are coming under constant attack down in the state capitol.
The Daley/Emanuel Gun Grabbing Machine has been busily cranking out one extreme gun control measure after another since the legislative session began several weeks ago.
Likewise, the gun controllers have been working overtime to prevent pro-gun legislation from coming to a vote. It’s been business as usual in Springfield this year – and you are the person getting “the business.”
As you receive this alert, the Illinois General Assembly is in recess. That means that your State Representatives and State Senators are now back working in their District offices rather than working at the Capitol in Springfield.
This recess provides you, the law-abiding gun owner, an excellent opportunity to lobby your legislators on a face to face basis about the issues important to you.
So, here are 4 things that you can do this week to help save your gun rights:
- Go to www.ilga.gov and click on the “Legislator Lookup” link. Follow the instructions and locate the District Offices of your State Representative and State Senator.
- Call or visit the District Office and politely convey your message on the following bills now under consideration:
- HB148 – a bill that would allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons to protect themselves and their families against violent criminals. Advise your Representative to support this bill.
- HB264 – a bill that would standardize firearm regulations across the state and eliminate the patchwork of local laws that are often a “gotcha” for gun-owning out of towners. Advise your Representative to support this bill.
- HB265 – a bill that standardizes firearm transportation regulations. Like HB264, this bill protects otherwise law-abiding citizens from getting pinched for violating a little-known law. Advise your Representative to support this bill.
- SB82 – a bill that would allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons to protect themselves and their families against violent criminals. Advise your Senator to support this bill.
- SB27 – a bill that would ensure that personal gun-owner information in the FOID database could not be released to the public. Advise your Senator to support this bill.
- HB3508 – a bill to ban private firearm sales. Advise your Representative to OPPOSE this bill.
- HB3634 – a bill that would make it a felony to sell a firearm to a gang member even if the gang member has a FOID card and passes a background check. Advise your Representative to OPPOSE this bill.
- HB1294 – a bill that would ban semiautomatic rifles, pistols and shotguns. Advise your Representative to OPPOSE this bill.
- SB2257 – a bill that would ban all firearms having a bore of .50 caliber or greater. Advise your Senator to OPPOSE this bill.
- Please post this alert to any blogs or bulletin boards to which you belong. Pass this alert along to your gun-owning friends and relatives and tell them to contact their Senators and Representatives as well.
- If you're a current member of the ISRA, then renew or upgrade your membership. Also, we very badly need your financial support to carry on the fight against the gun grabbers at the Capitol. Please donate to the ISRA today!
ISRA needs your continued support. McDonald v Chicago was not the end of the fight but the beginning. The ISRA is the front line in the battles for your firearm rights here in Illinois, such as the new lawsuit to prevent Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan from forcing the Illinois State Police to release your FOID information to the Associated Press.
The ISRA is the state's leading advocate of safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership. Since 1903, the ISRA has represented the interests of over 1.5 million law-abiding Illinois firearm owners Visit: www.isra.org