Matten, Switzerland –-(Ammoland.com)- Sphinx, the Swiss reference in pistol manufacturing, introduces the Sphinx SDP pistol, specifically designed to meet the demands of law enforcement and military operators. Sphinx pistols have long held the reputation for their exacting precision from concept to the firing range. The new Sphinx SDP has been designed using the same strict tolerances and state-of-the-art CNC machining used for the Sphinx competition and Sphinx SDP Compact Pistol commercial lines.
The new Sphinx SDP Compact 9×19 Parabellum is an all-black compact pistol in Double-Action/Single-Action with an ambidextrous decocking lever and magazine catch featuring various safeties including:
- Loaded chamber indicator (visual and tactile)
- Internal firing pin safety
- Drop safety
- Integrated slide position safety
- Hammer safety
The Sphinx frame is unique in that the upper frame or dust cover is made from aeronautic grade, hard-anodized aluminum with Teflon® inserts to reduce wear. The integrated recoil buffer provides stabilization of the gun, getting it back on target quickly and improving accuracy. The full-length guide rails are not inserts like many other pistols, but machined in, providing additional strength and increasing accuracy levels. The integrated Picatinny rail is made from MIL-STD 1913 aluminum with 4 notches to hold a variety of accessories including lights and lasers.
The lower part of the frame or grip is made from a proprietary polymer that will not break down in either extreme hot or cold environments. The ergonomic, 3-component grip is made from soft and hard material for a comfortable, confident hold. Three interchangeable grip sizes (Small, Medium, and Large) are available.
The Sphinx slide is fully machined from solid steel and features an advanced pyramid design that decreases weight and profile. The slide is coated with TiAIN to resist corrosion and wear.
The Sphinx SDP features the new exclusive sights from DEFIANCE. The front sight is a fiber/Tritium day & night green sight working in conjunction with a Tritium 2-dot red rear sight. The DEFIANCE sight system is instantly combat-ready, requiring no switching on-or-off or any external energy sources.
The completely waterproof, completely maintenance-free sights provide fast and accurate targeting under all light and weather conditions.
SPHINX SDP PISTOL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Caliber: 9×19 Parabellum
- Finish: Black, TiAIN coated slide
- Mag cap: 15 + 1
- Action: DA/SA with ambidextrous decocking lever or manual safety
- Safeties: Loaded chamber indicator (visual and tactile), Internal firing pin safety, Drop safety, Integrated slide position safety, Hammer safety
- Grip: Interchangeable – 3 sizes (S, M, L)
- Overall Length: 7.4 inches/ 188 mm
- Height: 5.5 inches/ 140 mm
- Width: 1.3 inches/ 33 mm
- Barrel Length: 3.7 inches/ 95 mm
- Weight: 27.5 ounces/ 780 gr
- Trigger pull: DA – 8.16 lb/ 3.7 kg
- SA – 3.30 lb/ 1.5 kg
- Sights: DEFIANCE Front Day & Night Green Fiber/Tritium
- DEFIANCE Rear Tritium 2-Dot Red
- Features Advanced pyramidal slide design
- Aluminum MIL-STD 1913 Picatinny rail incl. 4 notches
- Integrated polymer recoil buffer
- Double trigger bar for maximum precision, strength and safety
- Full length guiding rails
- Options: Adjustable sights, lanyard attachment
Sphinx, the Swiss reference in pistol manufacturing, produces high-precision handguns for the Law Enforcement Community, the Army, and the Shooting Sports, as well as for individual clients. For many years now, Police units, as well as Special Operations Teams around the world have placed their trust in Sphinx weapons. Sphinx pistols are the result of knowledge, competence and many years of experience, based on Swiss quality and its fine tradition. Decades of development, production and experience gives each award winning model unique and outstanding performance characteristics. The user can expect reliability, precision parts, rugged construction, and an optimized ergonomical design.
For more information, please visit: www.sphinxarms.com