Bank of America Refusing Businesses that Support the 2nd Amendment

Bank of America - Bank of Hoplophobia
Bank of America – Bank of Hoplophobia

Phoenix, Arizona –-(Ammoland.com)- McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, and McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years.

Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and has become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.

At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business.”

“That is correct” he says.

I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”

“You have to do what you must” he said.

“So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”

Mr. Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing left for him to say.

I think it is important for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms to know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’s political position I can not in good conscience support them.

We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

Kelly D McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
623-582-9635

About McMillan

McMillan Group International, located in Phoenix, Arizona, is the corporate parent for a family of firearms companies committed to excellence in the firearms industry. Companies include McMillan Firearms Manufacturing (formerly “McBros”), a manufacturer of the McMillan tactical and hunting rifles; McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, a leading manufacturer of premium custom fiberglass stocks for hunting, competition, tactical and OEM markets; and McMillan Machine Company, a contract manufacturer of precision machined parts.

McMillan Group International Logo

Richard
Richard

BofA received 45B of the peoples money. I guess they worry the middleman (Obama's) won't keep backing them. He keeps forgetting that he's wasted far more of OUR means and finite resources on bad and semi-illegal liberal and unconstitutional influence. The dollar has a lot less purchasing power. The banks are intimidating the people as per the admin's agenda.

Michael Pelt
Michael Pelt

I hope the people that object to BoA's actions will be numerous and active enough to see if BoA is too big to fail. Let's try. Take your business somewhere else and tell BoA why.

Tim
Tim

This is not true! Don't fall for this left wing gimmick. The Occupy state of mind is to attack from within. BOA works with many firearms companies and this was a misunderstanding that was dealt with.

Lucy MacNaughton
Lucy MacNaughton

Does anyone know if this is actually true? If it is, what would be BOA's motivation for this? Certainly is not a smart business tactic so I am suspicious of this atricle. Logic, common sense tell me it is a hoax.

Kim
Kim

I used to be a vendor with BoA back in the days when they did business like Americans do. My company's BoA revenue would sometime top $500k per year on facilities and constuction services. In 1992, they changed their entire approach to shaking hands.. meaning that they would only shake hands with someone who had political dollars tucked into their palm.. dollars which could be slipped quietly into other palms of their choosing.. an inner circle of those with the same mentality. Not only was I so inclined to no longer be their customer, by the end of any outstanding… Read more »

Ron
Ron

I bank with USAA which started as an Insurance company for military officers. They have expanded to include full service banking plus insurance for enlisted ranks and non-military members. I do not know for certain but I would guess that they do not have a policy like BofA. I am certain that they have a few thousand members who are supporters of the 2nd amendment.

Brent Strand
Brent Strand

I am a financial advisor and will be talking to my clients who own BOA stock and bonds " the apple may look good from the outside, but if it is rotten to the core throw it out" I was not aware of BOA's Socialist agenda until a friend sent me this email, I plan to forward this email to as many people as possible

Larry Pope
Larry Pope

I was fixing to buy BA stock but not now.

Henry Wilson
Henry Wilson

I have never had a BOA Credit Card or any dealings with them. After seeing their decision to provide CCards to Illegal Aliens that have no SS# a few years back, I thought the reaction they had from the public would have wised them up when people cancelled their CCards by the thousands; but apparently they're as indifferent now as they were then. The earlier comment said it best: You can't fix stupid. This unAmerican view should recoil so much that they are forced to ask for another handout. We can see if a more conservative congress is stupid enough… Read more »

Ron Nielson
Ron Nielson

I just transferred the small balance I had with Bank Of America to a much better less interest account with Discover. Bank of America and Barack Ovomit belong together. I will watch for the things both B of A and Barack Ovomit have coming their way in November. If we all vote like our lives and our freedom depends on it, we can still save our once great country for our children and grandchildren. The fools that want to take our guns away are simply insecure and very afraid of what they have done to the good people of the… Read more »

ronnie banks

i enjoy owning and purchasing as many weapons as i fill i want and will not be told or be intimidated by banks that try to have anything with not supporting our rights to bear arms, was in the service for 9 years and the one thing that i learned is how communism is trying to control our lives and some banks seem to be helping them by controling gun distributors.

Marlin Slagle
Marlin Slagle

I will never do business with this anti AMERICAN company. They also let all the illegals get credit cards with no S.S. no. but not legal citizens. I haven't forgotten that stupid business deal either.

Ken Anderson
Ken Anderson

Someone ought to put up a facebook page about this craziness really get the message out there. BoA is a big portion of the financial problem in the country and would like everyone to be indentured to the bank and armed people are hard to make into indentured servants.. I don't have a BoA account because I've thought for years they were the epitomy of corporate greed and slimeballs but salute all of you who along with me will boycott BoA..

Bill Flato
Bill Flato

I've had a BofA card for over 25 years. It is now in 8 pieces scattered over a number of trash recepticals. Thank you for the information about BofA and the 2nd Amendment.

Royce Tuckness
Royce Tuckness

In the early 60`s I had a account at B of A. After many errors and other discrepancies including posting one of my account deposits in another persons account and having to pay for a bounced check that was not my fault (fee then was $5.00) I promptly closed my account and went to another Bank and have not had any problem with the 3 banks that I have done business with since that time. In my opinion BOA should be considered DOA for anyone that currently has a account or anyone that is considering doing business with them.

TO the cop

If you want to let BofA know how you feel…as they and the media seem to be trying to ignore our response call or write the CEO – Brian Moynihan –

[email protected]

980-386-5687

Joseph Hancock
Joseph Hancock
Reply to  TO the cop

Is that his cell phone number?

Rae Sanborn
Rae Sanborn

B of A sucks for a lot of reasons. This is just one more!

Peter L. Fraser`
Peter L. Fraser`

Thank you so much for this information. We will not be doing any business with BOA.

George Aranas
George Aranas

I too have credit cards and bank account(checking and savings)with B/A. I have decided to close all of my accounts ASAP. If they don't support the 2nd amendment, they are worthy of my business.

Bob M.
Bob M.

I don't have an account or credit card from B of A(sses). I almost wish I did so I could close them and tell them why. However, a heads up to Wells Fargo, I will be asking them about their corporate opinion about the 2nd Amendment.

Bill K
Bill K

Bank of America is betting that the vast majority of Americans support thier actions. They are against gun makers (owners? very probably), and for illegal aliens. Two little things I will do is tell every one about this and do no business with them.

mcmathis
mcmathis

Is b of a owned by muslims? Why in the hell would they push viable business away? B of L would be a more descriptive name!

Roger Hatcher
Roger Hatcher

I have a mortgage with BOA only because it was purchased through a mortgage broker. As soon as I can swing a re-finance I will leave BOA in the dust. I have heard but have not been able to confirm, 1/3 of BOA is owned by none other than Saudi Arabia. Makes alot of sense why they do not support the 2nd amendment.

el bombardero

It's amazing that this uproar didn't come up when BoA was busy raping our economy and in turn our country. They say one thing about not doing business with a gun company and all of the sudden people want to make them hurt.

We'll their getting the last laugh as they walk off with billions of dollars of our tax money.

Doug
Doug

I am a pro 2nd amendment individual as most of you who have commented on this article. I will say that the ignorance of some peoples’ comments on here is amazing; you truly support the anti 2nd amendment individuals argument that some people definitely should not own a gun. The "Bank of America anti-2A Stance confirmed" comment is one of the worst. Did you know that Bank of America was one of the first Banks to pay back the TARP funds and in the process paid an additional 5 billion, yes with a “B”, additional in dividends and warrants. So,… Read more »

Robert Mosher
Robert Mosher

I have been a loyal customer with Bank of America since before 1974. I have multiple accounts with them and an equity loan. I will first be talking with my branch manager. Then I a going to point out why they are losing money, then I am going to pull my accounts. Any of you guys know which banks in Washington State are 2nd amendment friendly?

Mickey
Mickey

The Tarper bank has had that rule since 1987.

They also have Forced Arbitration for their

account holders, thus taking away your due

process. There are very few banks(less than 2%)without the anti constitutional abusive

weasal wording.

Add that to recent US Supreme courts allowing

corporations to donate(purchase) politicians.

Add that to the full judicial(prosecutors,too)

Full immunity from Any wrong doing like no

warrant arrests,no bail, false evidence.

Congress can repeal these abusive laws/decisions—but notice they won't because

the groupie Demo and Repub groupies vote em

back in .

Dave Montoya

BofA thinks they are bigger than the Constitution they are too big for me and to think the tax payers helped them out when they needed it. I have a mortgage and a credit card whith them I guess I should have said had.

Richard A Heyer
Richard A Heyer

Thanks to all these people the Americans are making good stands in what we believe…As for BOA American people Need more colt 45 at home so that we don't need Banking any more ..Join a Credit unoin

Tim Hoholik
Tim Hoholik

I am going to make last payment, and cancell my bass pro card. Also will no longer do business with any boa company.

Joe
Joe

I'm calling to cancell my Bass Prop Shop card right now.

Rob Petersen

Great info. I'll be passing this article around, and asking all my friends to drop BofA accounts if they have them. Maybe I'll write a blog post as well.

Kaiser Soze
Kaiser Soze

Opened account(s) with Bank of America in 1962….back in the day when tellers knew their customer's names, branches open from 10:00am 'til 3:00pm Monday through Friday and branch managers stuck around for at least one year and dealt with customers on a relationship basis. Often I'd call Russ Bledsoe (manager at the Los Alamitos, CA branch for at least five years) and ask for a ninety-day note for a specified amount. He'd reply in the positive and tell me to be at the branch before three and it would be ready. He never let me down. That style of banking… Read more »

motherbored
motherbored

I'm with you all, 100%. Never banked with BOA, bu5 have worked with many companies who have and have heard a lot of negative feedback regarding their dealings. I will not deal with BOA…

Connie
Connie

Do what I just did: Copy the link to this story, place it in an email, then send it to all your contacts with a message to close their accounts with B of A immediately, making sure they tell the individual at the bank why they choose to bank elsewhere.

Del
Del

I canceled my BofA credit card several years ago when decided that it would be a good idea to give home loans to illegal aliens. They asked me about why and I told them I could not support a company that will support illegals but not true Americans. Once again they are going the way of political nonsense and could care less about the real America. Why don't they take America out of there name.

Kelsonus
Kelsonus

I've started transferring my accounts out of BoA ( I opened that account in 1993 )

Braten
Braten

I am sure everybody on here has looked into this thoroughly enough to understand the situation. This misspelled article has to be 100% accurate……….ha

steve craven
steve craven

My wife and I had past issues with Bank of America as the mortage holder on our home loan and the constant battle with them over their incorrect monthly statements, their threats of forclosure, their intrest rates, their verbal harrasment with the phone calls to my wifes employment. Their rudeness and stupidity was endless and unbelievable. Our loan was sold out of their oversite and they sent us a notice telling us we were liable for the cost of the transfer of the accountWe assured them that it was their idea, their problem. We have not heard from them in… Read more »

PatrioTom
PatrioTom

Stupis is as stupid does and you can't fix stupid! I'll be ending my personal and business relationships with BOA!

Norris Wacasey
Norris Wacasey

I'm passing this along to all my gun owning friends, and ask that they do the same, and have their friends to do so also. Should be at least 2-3 hundred folks. Thank You McMillian for letting us know about this.

john
john

I live in Boston. Every member of my family has had a BOA account for years. Most of us have BOA credit cards too. That ends now. They apparently feel they are too big to fail. I'm willing to bet that there are a heck of a lot more gun owners than there are BOA customers. It's time we all got together and put BOA out of business.

Bea
Bea

Please let's put out fliers on what BOFA is doing, asap

Bea
Bea

We too will shut out bofa account. Plus all my family members, and several business also. Let's make them file for bankruptcy America

Silent Bob

Mr. McMillan, we (PulseO2DA) applaud you for what you are doing, but the sad fact of the matter is that BofA will simply go back the the government with hat in hand to get more funding from the extorted U.S. Tax payers… You see, BofA has already received $20 billion in the federal bailout from the U.S. government through the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) on January 16, 2009, along with a guarantee of $118 billion in potential losses at the company. This was in addition to the $25 billion given to them in the Fall of 2008 through TARP.… Read more »

ken Dawson
ken Dawson

i to have an account with boa or should have said had an account wife also changing her auto loan and account

thomas gene
thomas gene

I just closed my bank account and cancelled my credit cards from BoA.

Ranchman
Ranchman

This is the best thing we can do, hit them where it hurts. I will be spreading the word about BofA.

Alana Crystina Page
Alana Crystina Page

I, too, have a BoA account… until Monday morning. Our business in Bradenton will also no longer be accepting their credit cards or checks for payment. Thank you for the heads-up.

Maggie
Maggie

Have a car loan w Bank of America through the car dealership. Husband is so angry over this that he called our Saving and Loan and inquired about taking a loan out with them to pay off BoA.They said "come on down" Another tip .Rate with S%L is 2.99,we are paying 3.84. Thank you BoA for alerting us to this inequity. We do however have good credit. Check out S&L's where ever you are.I love ours and do not know why we were so dumb as to let the dealership process this loan with this bank who appears to be… Read more »

1 2 3 4