Phoenix, AZ –-(Ammoland.com)- In a letter to a young man, Thomas Jefferson wrote… “A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the firing of a gun (marksmanship).
This gives moderate exercise to the body, and it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind.”
Marksmanship is part of our history and heritage, at Shoot Right AZ we believe that everyone can learn how to shoot; shoot safely and skillfully, when given the proper training and attention.
Our camps are designed to develop a precision marksperson, a shooter that ascends to a high level of skill through paced drills and practice. Campers learn firing positions and the basics of marksperson equipment. Once on the firing line, campers are expected to develop their skills on regulation targets at competitive distances.
As a coach I see time and time again how this training helps kids, kids of all ages and abilities, and I continue to take great pleasure and pride in the principles and methods that the Shoot Right program is founded on:
1) Safety first and always. We stress to our campers that they are all safety officers (SOs) while at camp. We use instructional video, demonstrations, and drill & practice to instill this principle and to develop the type of responsibility it takes to be 100% injury/accident free on our range, on any range, with any type of firearm/gun.
2) Focus and control. It is with focus and control that the marksperson is able to develop the skills and discipline it takes to responsibly handle a gun, and to take a firing position, find their mark and hit it consistently.
3) Citizenship and camaraderie. No one is left behind at Camp Shoot Right. In the shooting sports, everybody can learn and everybody can succeed. That puts everybody at an even playing field and as campers work through each drill they learn as much from their peers as they do from the coaches.
The value that I have seen gained by attending our camps and by continuing on and becoming a Shoot Right club member is that these athletes, these marksperson, continue to develop in their confidence and a sense of security that their ability is appreciated and respected. Many of our campers go on to win shooting tournaments and competitions, and some of the more seasoned campers are taking the training required to become coaches. There really is no limit to the opportunities.
Shoot Right’s four-day indoor camps, held during the summer, school breaks, and upon request, are led by professional coaches with over 50 years of combined experience. Camp hours are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Parents appreciate the camps because they provide an opportunity for their kids to learn new skills in a friendly and safe environment. Camp fee is $80 and includes Shoot Right supplies and equipment. All 7 – 18 year olds are welcome.
Make your reservation now
602.288.5324 | www.shootrightaz.org
Camps are lead by: NRA/USA Shooting/ CMP Rifle Coach Level 2, CMP JMIC Coach and ASU Air Rifle and Air Pistol Club/Team Head Coach Rob Potter.
Camp Shoot Right Spring Break 2013
Archery and Air Rifle Basic Jr. Shooting 4 Day Camp’s
Three Spring Break Camps:
March 12-15, 2013 9am – 5pm Daily Ages 8-18 (CO-ED)
Some of the schools that are off: Gilburt, Chandler, Tempe, Scottsdale, Kyrene, Creighton and home schools.
March 18-21, 2013 9am- 5pm Daily Ages 8-18 (CO-ED)
Some of the schools that are off: Glendale, Laveen, Phx Elm., PUHSD, Roosevelt and home schools.
March 25-28, 2013 9am- 5pm Daily Ages 8-18 (CO-ED)
Some of the schools that are off: Mesa and home schools.
Camp Shoot Right Location
CAASES/Shoot Right Education & Training Center 2127 S. Priest Dr. Ste. 404, Tempe AZ 85282.
$80.00 Non-refundable Donation (Fair Market Value: $200)
Extra Training $5.00 per hour 5pm—7pm (pay day of training)
Each camper is required to bring one new unwrapped toy for toy drive!
(Full Registration Packet Must Be Completed Prior to Camp)
Camp To Include:
- Day 1: Basic Rifle Safety/ must pass written and verbal test by 80%, Dry fire drill 3 Positions,
- Day 2: Camp Riflery 3par Skill Shooting 10meter (CMP)
- Day 3: Basic Archery Safety and Shooting Position
- Day 4: Archery Skill Shooting 10yd (ASAP)
Space is Limited – Call for Reservation & More Information
Must attend camp every day/all day to receive credit, awards and T-shirt camp packet.
Shoot Right Supplies all Air Rifles, Pellets & Targets.
Each Participant Must Furnish:
Water Bottle (20 FL OZ)
Must wear closed shoes, pants & shirt (short sleeves ok)
Earn your rifle & Archery merit badges take the full course bring your blue cards and rifle and archery merit badge books.
Boy scouts who did not get to finish the shooting test?
Bring your blue cards, rifle and Archery merit badge books
Shooting Test – $10 During Open Range Time (5pm – 9pm each day)
Questions? Contact Shoot Right – 602.288.5324
[email protected] www.shootrightaz.org
Shoot Right is a division of Child And Adult Safety Education Services, Inc. (CAASES), a 501(c)3 non-profit org.
The amount of the contribution that is deductible for federal income tax purposes is limited to the excess of your contribution over the fair market value of the goods or services provided by Shoot Right / CAASES. (EIN #20-3748692)