Milford, NH –-(Ammoland.com)- Please remember to attend the New Hampshire House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee hearing for SB 116 on Tuesday, March 24 2015 at 10AM in Rooms 206 and 208 in the Legislative Office Building: 33 N State St. Concord, NH 03301
SB 116 repeals R.S.A. 159:4, which is the law that requires a person to have a license to carry a concealed and loaded pistol or revolver.
However, SB 116 modifies and leaves in place R.S.A. 159:6 which allows people to obtain a license. This is important for those firearms owners who travel because the New Hampshire Pistol / Revolver license is currently valid in 22 states.
We need SB 116 to become law for several reasons, first and most importantly, the right to own, carry and use firearms is a constitutionally protected civil right. The founders did not contemplate citizens groveling to public officials to exercise that right. And second, last summer the state police, without any public notice, hearing or attention, modified the application form for a concealed carry license. As long as a license is required your civil right to be armed will be at the mercy of bureaucrats.
SB 116 will put a stop to this type of behavior because the license will no longer be required!
- Please plan to attend this important public hearing to show your support for “Constitutional Carry”. Even if you do not wish to speak at the hearing, please attend and sign the blue form as being in favor of SB 116.
- Please call AND email the members of the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee and urge them in the strongest possible language to recommend SB 116 “ought to pass” without no amendments or changes.
New Hampshire House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee. (You can click on the members name to send an email.)
- Chairman Rep. John Tholl (603)837-2278
- Vice Chairman Rep. David Welch (603)642-4402
- Rep. Dennis Fields (603)528-6224
- Rep. Robert Fesh (603)434-1550
- Rep. Dick Marston (603)666-7334
- Rep. John Burt (603)624-5084
- Rep. Shawn Sweeney (603)265-0319
- Rep. Arthur Barnes (603)893-4754
- Rep. Ed Comeau (603)522-2275
- Rep. Robert Fisher (802)727-0441
- Rep. John Martin (603)774-3098
- Rep. Harold Parker (603)491-6807
- Rep. Laura Pantelakos (603)436-2148
- Rep. Roger Berube (603)692-5653
- Rep. Timothy Robertson (603)352-7006
- Rep. Robert Cushing (603)926-2737
- Rep. Geoffrey Hirsch (603)938-2833
- Rep. Andrew O’Hearne (603)558-1038
- Rep. Latha Mangipudi (603)891-1239
- Rep. Len DiSesa (603)343-4344
Please remember to be polite but firm when you contact these Representatives. Let them know that you expect them to vote SB 116 “Ought to Pass” without any amendments or changes.
Thanks for your support.
About New Hampshire Firearms Coalition:
The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition is New Hampshire’s only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization. While many so-called “gun rights groups” work to curry favor with politicians and the media, NHFC is working aggressively to hold politicians accountable and to put a stop to gun control. Visit: www.nhfc-ontarget.org