Velocity Outdoor Releases the New Benjamin 397S & 392S Rifle

Velocity Outdoor Benjamin 397S & 392S AirRifles
Velocity Outdoor Benjamin 397S & 392S AirRifles

USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- Timeless performance and dependable accuracy have kept this Benjamin rifle on the favorites list for 70 years. The 397 and the 392 have roots dating back to 1949 under the Sheridan brand, Model “C” Silver Streak which had a level of power and performance that was unmatched. Benjamin purchased Sheridan in 1972 and continued producing the Model C until 1992. Then that same year with some new updates of Model C, it was relaunched as the 397 and 392. This is currently the oldest Benjamin Airgun still in production and remains one of the most powerful ones in its class.

The new 397S (.177 caliber) and the 392S (.22 caliber) multi pump pneumatic rifle features a NEW sleek all-weather synthetic Monte Carlo stock and fully rifled barrel and a robust forearm making it easier to pump. These high performance air rifles achieve velocities up to 1100 fps on the 397S and up to 800 fps on the 392S with pinpoint accuracy.

“With continued enhancements of the 397 and the 392 series we remain to deliver innovation and quality to our consumer,” said Philip Guadalupe, Product Manager.

The rifled barrel is finished in black and you can vary the velocity by the number of pumps (up to 10). The 397S and 392S has the power and accuracy to take small game and pests, but you’ll find yourself picking up this rifle every time you want to plink or shoot spinners.

Key Features include:

– New! All-Weather Synthetic Monte Carlo style stock
– Monte Carlo style
– Rifled barrel
– Fully-adjustable rear sight

CONTROL YOUR POWER WITH THE 397S:
– 2 pumps — up to 650 fps
– 6 pumps — up to 850 fps
– 10 pumps — up to 1100 fps

CONTROL YOUR POWER WITH THE 392S:
– 2 pumps — up to 500 fps
– 6 pumps — up to 650 fps
– 10 pumps — up to 800 fps

Velocity OutdoorAbout Velocity Outdoor

Velocity Outdoor is a leader in the outdoor enthusiast market, featuring a diverse product lineup in the outdoor sporting goods industry with Crosman and Benjamin Airguns, Ravin Crossbows, CenterPoint Archery and Optics, LaserMax laser aiming devices, and GameFace Airsoft. Velocity Outdoor is a subsidiary of Compass Group Diversified Holdings, LLC (NYSE: CODI).

TIMOTHY HUNT
TIMOTHY HUNT

Blue Streak 1969 and still have the rifle in my gun cabinet. Don’t think I would sell or trade it for anything. Too many great memories were made with the rifle. As proud of it today as I was when I bought it. It was not a cheap purchase at the time either.

Juan Contreras
Juan Contreras

I had a brass made Benjamin .22 in the 1970’s when I was 15 years old that rocked.
I wish I had it still. It was used when my mom gifted to me she got it at a pawn shop and never failed me.The finish was wearing by use and revealed the brass made muzzle.

Mick watson
Mick watson

I had a 22 cal Benjamin when I was a kid, 10 pumps and enough power for squirrels or a rabbit. Now I got a 22 cal Hatsan edge barrel breaker that will blow right through both sides of a raccoon or fox with only ‘pump’, and costs under $100 bucks!

Mick watson
Mick watson
Reply to  Mick watson

* only 1 ‘pump’ for the Hatsan Edge and 800 fps.

Kell
Kell

I have the same one..5mm (same thing) only pellets I can find for it now…has brought down many grey squirrels and a few armadillos..got mine in 1979 and still does great!

The Tactical Hermit
The Tactical Hermit

I got a .20 Caliber Silver Streak for Christmas when I was a kid (early 80’s) and still have it.
IMO it was one of the finest air rifles Benjamin ever produced.
I wish they would have made a .20 cal offering in this one but oh well.

Eric
Eric

Me too! Except it was Christmas of 1990. I was ten years old and I loved my silver streak, although it took a while before I was able to pump it more than 4 or 5 times! I got a Williams peep sight for it and I could shoot the erasers off pencils from across my front yard. I still have it but a couple years ago I went to pump it and the seal gave out so it won’t hold air anymore. If it didn’t have so many great memories attached to it I’d just throw it away but… Read more »

ERS
ERS
Reply to  Eric

Eric, there are some good outfits out there that offer repair/rebuild kits for a good price. Hang onto that rifle! It can be made to work again.