No, NPR, There Aren’t 400 2A Sanctuary Counties …. there are 1,930 & Growing!

No, NPR, There Aren’t 400 2A Sanctuary Counties …. there are 1,930 & Growing!

USA – Taxpayer-funded National Public Radio tries to downplay and trivialize the Second Amendment Sanctuary movement, without letting the facts get in their way.

To be clear, there are 1,930 counties that have now become Second Amendment Sanctuaries, which is more than 61% of all the counties in the United States.

Of these counties, 1,137 made the decision to protect the Second Amendment on their own. The rest are located in the 15 states — the most recent being Texas — that declared themselves state-wide Second Amendment Sanctuaries, according to Noah Davis of sanctuarycounties.com and its companion site constitutionalsanctuaries.com.

Davis has the most up-to-date maps and data available on the topic. He has tracked the Second Amendment Sanctuary movement since its inception in his home state of Virginia.

The fact more than 61% of the country has chosen to protect the Second Amendment rights of their citizens have largely been ignored by the legacy media. If they have bothered to do a story on sanctuaries at all, their goal has been to downplay if not belittle the movement. Of course, that, friends, is what we call spin.

Taxpayer subsidized National Public Radio is the latest to try to torpedo the movement momentum, which is growing every single day.

On NPR’s June 21 edition of “Here & Now,” the host falsely states there are only 400 counties that have become Second Amendment Sanctuaries, not 1,930.

This is a common error among legacy media. Davis has said it stems from a story originally published more than a year ago by Bloomberg’s anti-gun propaganda factory — The Trace — which keeps rebounding around the internet even though the numbers have increased significantly, because of lazy reporting and shoddy research.

This wasn’t NPR’s only attack on the grassroots movement.

The show’s guest, Anders Walker, a constitutional law professor at St. Louis University’s School of Law, tore into the sanctuary movement even more.

“It’s a bit of political theater,” Anders said. “Their using language made popular during the Trump Presidency.”

Asked whether he believes the Biden/Harris administration will “crackdown” on the sanctuary movement, Anders said Biden has been “very savvy about not pushing issues that are going to generate an explosive backlash.”

“However, I think he has made it clear he does want to go after things like the AR-15.”

Anders said, adding that if the Democrats win the midterm elections, they will likely “reup the Assault Weapon Ban.”

The NPR host and the good professor then staged a bit of political theater of their own.

“What message does this bill send even if it is almost purely symbolic?” the host asked.

“I personally think is sends a losing message, which is: ‘We’re gonna double-down on opening up gun sales to everybody.’ I don’t think that is a good look for the NRA. It’s not a good look for gun owners. It makes them look irresponsible,” Anders said.

I sent an email to the “Here & Now” program alerting them to their missteps and asking when and how they intend to correct their errors. Although I received an automated acknowledgment that they received my email, I have not received an actual response.

Dead Scared Media ~Takeaways

Crybabys College Snowflakes
The Biden/Harris administration, the legacy media and the folks at The Trace, and other anti-rights groups are scared witless by the Second Amendment Sanctuary movement. iStock

In my humble opinion, the Biden/Harris administration, the legacy media and the folks at The Trace, and other anti-rights groups are scared witless by the Second Amendment Sanctuary movement,

More than 61% of the country has drawn a line in the sand — telling the federal government not to infringe upon their God-given and constitutional rights. The movement ceased being “symbolic” a long time ago.

Despite the good professor saying it’s not a “good look” for the NRA, neither the NRA nor any other civil rights organizations have anything to do with it. This is a pure grassroots movement. It’s organic. It’s hyper-local. It’s about citizens standing up to their government — period. No one person or organization is pulling any strings.

That NPR and other outdated members of the legacy media are now belittling and downplaying Second Amendment sanctuaries shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone. They’re scared, after all, but not nearly as scared as the politicians. The movement positively terrifies them. It strikes at their very core. It tells them very plainly that we will not comply with their tyrannical edicts.

As the movement grows — and it is growing by leaps and bounds — we will see more attacks from politicians, which will then be parroted by their staunch supporters in the legacy media, assuming, that is, they can break a reporter loose from their hard-hitting, investigative coverage of Joe Biden’s ice cream cone du jour.

The Second Amendment Foundation’s Investigative Journalism Project wouldn’t be possible without you. Click here to make a tax-deductible donation to support pro-gun stories like this.

About Lee Williams

Lee Williams, who is also known as “The Gun Writer,” is the chief editor of the Second Amendment Foundation’s Investigative Journalism Project. Until recently, he was also an editor for a daily newspaper in Florida. Before becoming an editor, Lee was an investigative reporter at newspapers in three states and a U.S. Territory. Before becoming a journalist, he worked as a police officer. Before becoming a cop, Lee served in the Army. He’s earned more than a dozen national journalism awards as a reporter, and three medals of valor as a cop. Lee is an avid tactical shooter.

Lee Williams

DIYinSTL
DIYinSTL
3 months ago

More concerning than NPR gets some funding from the government is they exist as a 501(c)3, i.e. contributions are tax deductible. I’ll waste a few minutes and write my congress critters this morning.

Sisu
Sisu
3 months ago

Long ago, I declared inside my waist band a “sanctuary” … I let specially designated, previously anointed priestesses in. … I also keep some sanctified protection in my dresser, night table and sometimes under the mattress.

Gene Ralno
Gene Ralno
3 months ago

I’d like to see a list of states, counties and municipalities that declared themselves to be 2nd Amendment Sanctuaries. I follow this issue and have an alphabetical list of counties, by state. When I audited my spreadsheet, I found that I’d listed some cities as counties. My final tally was 13 states, 1,825 counties and 242 municipalities. I did not include South Carolina since its bill “allowed” counties to refuse enforcement but did not prohibit enforcement. I also excluded New Hampshire and Vermont because their constitutions made such sanctuaries redundant and unnecessary. Perhaps that’s where our numbers differ. I also… Read more »

USMC0351Grunt
USMC0351Grunt
Reply to  Gene Ralno

See if these breakdowns give you what you are looking for?

Gene Ralno
Gene Ralno
Reply to  USMC0351Grunt

Thanks and semper fi.

Gene Ralno
Gene Ralno
Reply to  Gene Ralno

I changed my mind about South Carolina. Seems I misread the governor’s interpretation of “nullification” vs “anti-commandeering” and stand corrected.

For what it’s worth, on this date, my new tally is 14 2nd Amendment Sanctuary states, 1,871 counties and 245 municipalities.

musicman44mag
musicman44mag
3 months ago

We need everyone on our side. It bothers me that it is always stated that it is our God given right. I understand why it is said that way because our fore fathers were Godly men and wrote the Constitution and the Declaration with God in mind. Let’s include those who do not believe in God because it is also an instinctive right to protect yourself and it is a scientific proven fact which is something that the left or those that don’t believe in God can relate to. I believe in God, but I stated this before and took… Read more »

MICHAEL J
MICHAEL J
3 months ago

NPR national propaganda radio.

ForsakenConstitution
ForsakenConstitution
3 months ago

The real test will be when the federal funding is removed from the 1930 sanctuary counties or the states that allow these sanctuary areas to exist! Money talks.

musicman44mag
musicman44mag
3 months ago

I don’t think that will ever happen. President Trump tried that and look at all the flack he got from our handlers and the swamp over it. If he could have done it, you would be right, things would be a lot different right now and we would probably be on track to where we should be. Hopefully he will make a comeback. Frazier and Cassius Clay did it, so can he.

JoeUSooner
JoeUSooner
Reply to  musicman44mag

? “President Trump tried that…” ?
Which ‘that’ are you talking about? Removing funding from 2A sanctuary counties??

musicman44mag
musicman44mag
Reply to  JoeUSooner

Ooops. I read sanctuary and I think illegal aliens. That is what I meant. He tried holding back federal dollars from illegal alien supporting states like kommiefornia OREGONE and wAshinton. That didn’t work I doubt that it will work for sanctuary gun counties even if the demonrats are in control. More democrats are arming up on a daily basis and the number of gun owners is growing on both sides so I think to try something like that would backfire and guarantee a republican win in 2022. Lets hope. Sorry. I guess I needed more coffee.

USMC0351Grunt
USMC0351Grunt
Reply to  JoeUSooner

Removing funding from Sanctuary Cities, Counties and States that allowed and housed illegal immigrants.

Last edited 3 months ago by USMC0351Grunt
JoeUSooner
JoeUSooner
1 month ago
Reply to  USMC0351Grunt

Thank you for the clarification!

Hazcat
Hazcat
3 months ago

“More than 61% of the country has drawn a line in the sand…” Is that 61% by land mass or population?

musicman44mag
musicman44mag
Reply to  Hazcat

I think that is by counties by the way I read it.

JoeUSooner
JoeUSooner
Reply to  Hazcat

By actual number of counties.

swmft
swmft
Reply to  Hazcat

counties that is the subdivision of a state which further divides into cities and towns as for pbs they pulled a nova program you know facts and science because their power and control sh..t with covid did not agree with vetted studies science what made the 1918 flu so deadly was the name of the program it gave the results of strategies that worked and ones that were worse than useless( actually harmful) there were some things they said that made no sene, how without airplanes and mostly slow ships did a pathogen kill ten percent of world population in… Read more »

Russn8r
Russn8r
3 months ago

How many will be SINOs (Sanctuary In Name Only) where federales grab guns freely? Like CCINOS “Constitutional Carry” In Name Only States riddled with “gun free” zones? In CCINOS many won’t carry even where they legally can due to the hassle of avoiding a mistake and risk of making one. It’s no kind of carry where you can’t carry.

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy
3 months ago

NPR is the propaganda wing of the Commiecrat party and is the epotime of Fake News,they make Gobbles proud.

Last edited 3 months ago by Green Mtn. Boy
Autsin Miller III
Autsin Miller III
3 months ago

I used to love NPR, I listened to it everyday. Now though they have gone SO far left that truth and reason never make an appearance there anymore. Haven’t turned the dial there now for years. Wish there was some way to defund them.