Today is Wednesday, September 17, 2014rss RSS feed

National Association for Gun Rights

National Association for Gun Rights

Colorado -–(Ammoland.com)- Word of gun owners’ victory at the Iowa Straw Poll is spreading.

Even one of America’s premier political news sites, Politico.com, has picked up the story about how National Association for Gun Rights members just like you toppled Tim Pawlenty’s Presidential campaign.

The article even noted my subsequent call for NAGR members to lobby Governor Rick Perry to return the National Association for Gun Rights Presidential Candidate Survey.

However, Politco.com writer Maggie Haberman missed the mark when she noted that Perry has a concealed carry permit by assuming he must be pro-gun because he has a concealed weapon permit.

Senator Barbara Boxer

Senator Barbara Boxer (left),  seen here vilifying semi-automatic rifles with Dianne Feinstein, has a permit to carry.

The Washington, D.C. elites just don’t get it. They think that simply having a concealed weapon permit automatically makes any politician pro-gun.

Do you think California Democrat Senator Barbara Boxer is pro-gun? No, I don’t think so, either.

But Barbara Boxer used her influence to secure an elusive concealed carry permit from California.

I can almost hear her trying to deceive gun owners… “Trust me, I have a permit.”

Or how about New York Democrat Senator Chuck Schumer?

Schumer himself is reported to possess a New York concealed handgun permit, and both U.S. Senators regularly employed armed guards for their personal protection.

Just because a politician recognizes that being armed makes THEM safer, doesn’t mean they support YOUR right to keep and bear arms. They think they’re different than you and me, that because of their title they’re entitled to MORE rights than we are.

The Second Amendment is about much more than just carrying concealed… or hunting… or sport shooting.

Your right to keep and bear arms is a bulwark against tyranny.

Chuck Schumer

Chuck Schumer, one of the most anti-gun Senators in Washington D.C., obtained a permit to carry for self-defense.

That’s why the National Association for Gun Rights sends Presidential Candidate Surveys to politicians like Tim Pawlenty and Governor Rick Perry.

Gun owners MUST know where they stand on important issues like banning magazine or bans on certain types of semi-automatic rifles, or opposing the United Nations’ Small Arms Treaty gun-grab.

Please call Rick Perry’s campaign RIGHT NOW at (858) 483-4300 and demand that he return the National Association for Gun Rights Presidential Candidate Survey.

I hope you’ll also take a moment and re-read my article about how AmmoLand readers like you toppled Tim Pawlenty’s Presidential aspirations.

Please, don’t forget to call Governor Perry at (858) 483-4300 and demand that he return the National Association for Gun Rights Presidential Candidate Survey.

For liberty,
Dudley Brown

About:
The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose citizens’ organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation. The National Association for Gun Rights’ mailing address is P.O 7002, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. They can be contacted toll-free at 1-877-405-4570. Its web address is www.NationalGunRights.org

Editorial Disclaimer: The opinions and views expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of the staff, AmmoLand Shooting Sports News, or other sponsors and partners. See the Editorial-Review Process for more details.
  • 58 User comments to “Political Elite with Concealed Carry Permits a Symptom of “Only Ones’ NOT Support for Gun Rights”

1. greatdogs on August 17, 2011 at 2:52 PM said:

I googled the term schumer unrestricted pistol permit and came up with 1360 hits. Is he permitted to carry in NY, or is this just a mix up in terminology (license vs carry)?

Thanks

2. Would they seriously question Rick Perry’s commitment to gun rights? I find that laughable… demanding this of a guy who literally takes jogs in his Thunderwear :-P

3. Interestingly in the picture of Chucky, he has a high capacity Tech9 in his hand. Rather ironic isn’t it?

4. I am sure this isn’t true. The politicians that are anti-gun are good, moral, decent human beings that are the only ones standing up to gun-toting, far right, tea bagging loonies like most that post comments on here. Americans are over saturated with guns. We are a gun-loving nation and that needs to change. We have had over thirty shootings the past two years alone. It doesn’t make sense to keep saying guns are “rights.” They are not rights. No one has the right to shoot another person, no matter the circumstance. This is why in a modern, civilized, developed, education world that is America is SUPPOSED to be, we developed this system called “911.” When we are in danger, we call the police. They are trained to handle firearms and know what they are doing with them. They understand the laws associated with them, the average citizens does not. Guns are extremly dangerous and need to be handled by professionals, not everyday average people. We don’t let everyone drive a tank do we? Or fly a bomber jet around do we? No. Same applies to guns. They take skill to use, and only law enforcement,security, and certain govt agencies have that skill and authority. It takes years to learn how to handle a handgun. No one NEEDS a gun, they want guns. If you can’t handle your personal problems with your own mind and have to resort to gun violence to get your way and make a point, you need mental health therapy, but certainly NOT a pistol, or any other firearm for that matter. The right have become this lot of angry,bitter, jaded, conspiracy theorists, crackpots and militant nutjobs. Believing that everyone should carry around a gun is a disgusting,outdated, and backwards way of thinking. If someone DOES own a gun, it needs to be constantly locked up and the ammo kept far far away. No homes with children should be allowed to have guns, and health and life insurance should be dramatically higher for gun owners. Doctors need to start asking patients if they keep guns in the home so they can be monitored , just the same way they ask about domestic violence now. We just had over thirty little kids shot to death, alongside their teachers. Before that, it was a religious institution, a mall, a theater, do I need to go on? There is absoutely NO justification or reasonable argument that supports ANYONE besides the police and military owning guns. what is going on in our nation right now is proof guns need to be taken away. The 2nd Amendment wasn’t even abotu “gun right.” It was about arming the military. Read it you idiots! No one is ensured the “right” to own a gun. This the furthest thing from a right there is. If you want to stand up for rights, you need to start standing for ACTUAL rights. Abortion, birth control, healthcare, equal marriage, education, housing, food. Those are RIGHTS that need to be provided and funded by the govt, not guns! America has more violence than any other nationon earth because of guns. If no one was allowed to have a gun, these shootings would have never of happened! Start using your heads people, wake up and think about what is happening and the world we live in. Violence needs to END not be encouraged and taught. If you are a REAL American and truly love this nation, GIVE UP YOUR GUNS. Turn them in to the police, and find other ways to deal with your agression and personal issues. Stop being part of the problem, be the solution. Remember what OUR President told us, “be the change you want to see in the world…” and we all need to start standing behind OUR President. Especially now. He is the only hope we have left. I am proud of these politicians that are working overtime to get guns eliminated from society. I think they are amazing, true, patriotic Americans and I will always support them.

5. @Treena, that is one heck of a comment! Sorry I can’t agree with much of what you said. Guns aren’t the problem, people are. If a person wants to commit a crime or kill other people, it’s gonna happen! As for 911, it takes time for calls to be answered. By that time, someone could be dead. One last word, you state that our only hope is Obozo! Don’t place your hope in him. He will be our downfall. You have a really messed view of things!

6. Treena–Typical Obama sheep. Time to stop using your welfare checks on booze and drugs. Go back to your Obama altar and masturbate to your failed, dangerous leader. Did you hear about the Fast and Furious gun scandal your dear leader approved?? Border agent was killed. Over 200 Mexicans were killed because the guns went to drug dealers. Where is your outrage on that Treena??? Are you going to blame Bush?? Liberal scum.

7. pawneebill on December 16, 2012 at 1:06 AM said:

As “people have no right to shoot someone” YOU nor anyone else has the right to tell me what I can or cannot have for protection. You’re an idiot. TEA Party T=Taxed E=Enough A=Already. The left and their quippy little insults (Tea Bagger, a homosexual insinuation) would NEVER say that to most people’s face and to be FOR paying more taxes by being against them you have to be a nut…………..or on welfare.

8. Treena bleets like the liberal sheep she is. She has no understanding what a right is or is not. Her laundry list is typical of the illiterate and ignorant amongst our society.

She thinks only police and military should have guns. It worked out quite well for hitler and the jews.

Treena, if you really loved america, you would at least spend 5 minutes on Google to disperse your fog of ignorance.

9. Treena really thinks criminals will obey gun laws? You’re some special kind of stupid arent you?

10. Treena, the guns are to protect us from an unreasonable government. Do not be so quick to assume government will be there to save you nor be a reasonable force when or if doing so.

11. Treena, you are so mis-informed. Please do yourself a favor, if you actually believe 911 will save you read the book “Dial 911 and die” by Richard W. Stevens and you will be shocked and it will hopefully open your ignorant eyes to the truth.

12. Treena, please go back to sleep. In the 55 minute response time I waited for California Highway Patrol, and the additional 25 minutes for EMS, fire and rescue to arrive…an entire WAR COULD HAVE ALREADY PLAYED OUT. YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY CLUE ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE TALKING. You libs need to realize that people like me are all around you. We live next door. We are right behind you in the grocery stores and Starbucks.

I am a U.S. Marine. You want to talk about training? I SLEPT WITH MY FIREARM. Still do. Named it too. I care for my firearms much the way you would a child because I will depend on it to care for me in my time of need. I taught firearms to other Marines and FBI cadets at Quantico. Now, I am a civilian. And you do not have any place to tell me about my guns. Do the world a favor, mind your own damned business and put your phone down while you are driving. You are more dangerous with that phone and a car than I am with my gun.

13. What happened in Connecticut was truly tragic. But why would a teacher in Connecticut want to have weapons around (which her crazy son unfortunately used to kill her and then carry out his school massacre)?

Could it have anything to do with the fact that Connecticut was ALSO the site of a horrendous multiple killing several years ago — the Cheshire murders of members of the Petit family? Perhaps Treena and other liberals who ascribe people’s desire to have guns to immaturity or psychological issues have forgotten about that. To refresh everyone’s memory, two low-life scum-barrel ex-cons (let out of jail WAY too soon by a permissive, bleeding-heart revolving-door so-called “justice system”) invaded a doctor’s home, beat him to within an inch of his life, robbed the family, raped and killed his wife and his young daughter and then set the house on fire, in the process killing the other daughter – whom they had tied to her bed and who could not escape. The victims died horrible, tortured deaths and Dr. Petit barely survived and carries with him the physical and mental scars of the ordeal to this day. Maybe Nancy Lanza did not want to share that same fate and so armed herself.

Liberal politicians like Chuck Schumer and Michael Bloomberg can pooh pooh it all they want and play games with phony statistics showing crime supposedly being under control (though any NYC cop can tell you COMPSTAT is a smoke-and-mirrors FRAUD) – but there are evil, violent people out there who WANT to do harm to others. Calling 911 and depending on the law to stop a crime (as Treena suggests like some sort of panacea) usually does no good. The cops usually get there in time to just take a report from the victim – or draw a chalk line around the victim’s body and put up the yellow CRIME-SCENE tape. When every second counts, the police are just MINUTES away.

14. The Photo is of Diane Feinstein and not Barbara Boxer. Feinstein Does have a Permit to carry. She was on the Senate panel regarding the Assault weapons ban act in the early 90′s. I remember her being called on out on the issue of her having a permit and her statement was basically…I am an important politician and there for I am smart enough to carry a gun unlike the average citizen.

15. yeshayahu yisrael on December 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM said:

Treena, Having read your remarks. No disrespect intended but that is just plain unintelligent .
      You need to get your facts straight. Having grown up in Israel and serving 10years in Gaza,West Bank etc. We don’t seem to have the same problems you do. See our teachers do carry, our children have at times armed escorts the people as a whole are very security conscious about what goes on around them. You should you desire to do so need not have a weapon. That’s freedom of choice and that’s wonderful. You just sit there and be a very nice victim. I’m sure one of us will be by shortly to protect you. Because your law enforcement job is not you but to enforce the laws,so good luck on that one. I now live here in this country I also served proudly here for America . I do and will always carry no matter what and yes sir I fire my weapon every week 4 times a week and I have no problem what so ever taking the trash(Bad guys) out. To protect those who can not protect themselves. I sir am never out of the fight.

16. I would remind the gun-banners that every mass shooting we have had for a number of years all have one thing in common. They all have happened in GUN FREE ZONES.

17. Oh, and Treena, please go read some history. Start with Stalin, Hitler, Mao, and Pol Pot. You are embarrassing other women. Sheesh.

18. Treena,is just typical liberal who thinks obama is a patriot ? obama wasn’t even born in America ! If push comes to shove,states will just implement their own gun laws and the DC gestapo won’t be able to do a damn thing about it. Poor Treena,just a little brainwashed liberal who don’t have a clue.

19. Treena (probably not a real person) trusts police? Are you kidding me? I called the Sheriffs Office here in my county just the other day. Response?? “We’ll be there right away”. 48 minutes went by and there they were slowly approaching my residence. The shooter in Conneticut took much less time. No thank you, I will defend myself.

20. Jack Klompus on December 16, 2012 at 1:24 PM said:

Thanks Treena for displaying what a colossal idiot you are.

21. Yep,Teena is definitely ate up with the dumbass !

22. Treena,you’re still fighting mental health ?

23. Chris Garvey on December 16, 2012 at 2:06 PM said:

Hypocrites
      Dianne Feinstein shouts loudly, in the anti-gun debate;
      But Dianne F. is known to carry her own thirty-eight.

Though banning guns, The New York Times advocates with great fervor,
      A rare New York full-carry permits its own Punch Sulzburger.

So if I may, their words re-say,
      In light of what they do:
      “Guns are OK,
      for nobles – they;
      But not for serfs like you.”

Copr. 1998 Chris Garvey

24. robertsgt40 on December 16, 2012 at 3:19 PM said:

My sister has a more masculine stance firing a gun than Schumer

25. @treena You have obviously never been around guns or responsible people with guns. There are many law abiding citizens that hunt and enjoy being outdoors with their children.To deprive them of this would be selfish and uncalled for. Try attacking the real problem,
      Guns and God have been apart of our history since the birth of our country. One has taken second stage in priority list,it does not work when you have “gun” control. What we need is “God” control back in our schools.

26. Call 911. Hahahahahahahahah. Why, so 20 minutes after you’ve taken your last breath they can call the meat wagon?

27. Justin Thought on December 16, 2012 at 5:17 PM said:

@treena: If you prefer not to own a firearm, please, please, do not buy one.

But if I see you being attacked or harassed by criminals, I will be happy to utilize mine as necessary to protect you. In most cases, criminals lose their bravado when they see there will be consequences for their actions. Don’t try to take away MY right to help you out.

28. heiderose ziegler on December 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM said:

Treena, I did not read after “politicians being good, honest and moral”. Anything else you might have to say has no value. You are obviously clueless! Have a good life!

29. hey trinna where was 911 the past few days. police cant be there for you every minute of the day. To say we should disarm ourselves is the dumbest argument ever. Im sorry if a guy break in it will take the police minutes to get to my house. yet it will take the perp less then a minute to clear my house. Ill just meet him at the door with my mossberg and he can either run away or ill use my right to stand my ground.

30. It is I only on December 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM said:

Listen you all. Treena is just being cheeky with her comment!
      She does say she trust a politician, with this statement just prove cheekyness toward you all!

31. @Treena. <> These are not rights. These are wants. Who do you think should pay for your birth control? A retired farmer’s widow? I do know believe you know what is defined as a right. A true God given right is: Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Nothing in this statement is given by a government or anyone. You are born with these right. You want birth control, heath care, housing and food, get educated and fine a job.

32. The reason guns are outlawed by politicians in Boston, Washington, New York is because their lives and frustrations in the society that they have built are so intense, their tempers are so strained, that they KNOW if they had a gun on them they would be murderers!

It is like the person most suspicious of infidelity or of being stolen from is the person most likely to be cheating or stealing. The response time of 911 is about 24-45 minutes depending on where you live. The response time of my 1911 clone is about 1150 feet per second.

33. ModernGunner on December 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM said:

@ Treena – Well, I’d agree with ONE thing. With your angrily emotional, ill-tempered, ill-worded, ill-thought out, uneducated, uninformed, blatantly erroneous, and patently false response, YOU (Treena) have no business with a gun, touching a gun, looking at a gun, or even discussing guns.

But, the response DID prove one thing: The clueless, far-left whack-jobs are EVERYWHERE, even on this webpage.

34. Treena, I have had the proper instruction since about the age of 4 and am quite skilled and proficient with any weapon of my choice be it a hand gun, long rifle, or compound bow. I can hit my target at distances that would make any sniper proud. I am also quite skilled with a knife as my husband and teenage boys will tell you after watching me properly instruct them in proper field dressing of wild game. It is your choice to not own a firearm, but it is my choice to protect me and my family and if necessary those around me like you who wait for someone else to bail you out of trouble. If guns kill people then your keyboard must be at fault for making you appear ignorant to the rest of us.

35. @Treena…who are you to define my rights of self-defense? Why do you believe the government should do so as well? Do you not find it ironic that a majority of the politicians employ bodyguards or are allowed Secret Service protection yet they do not want us to have the ability to protect OUR families? I certainly do. Your pathetic sheeple bleating is yet another problem with the direction of this country. Pushing YOUR beliefs upon the rest of us without thinking about the consequences of your actions. Continue to do so and watch the government take each and every personal freedom you are willing to give up. Fool.

36. Robert Duval on December 16, 2012 at 7:29 PM said:

@Treena

I agree but we live in a real world, and in this world there is the evil and you or none cam stop these evil , tink about

37. There will be total gun control in the end. The second Amendment will be defined differently. There will be an assault weapons/HiCap magazine ban. There will be no grandfathering weapons in. There will be government buy backs, amnesty periods, etc etc but there will be NO exceptions. Last Friday America died. You will conform to the new order of obedience. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

38. Arlene Kruse on December 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM said:

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Major General: Why Are Domestic Government Agencies … to shoot whom?
      http://www.washingtonsblog.com › Politics / World NewsAug 20, 2012 – Hollow point bullets don’t just stop or hurt people, they penetrate the … In March DHS ordered 750 million rounds of hollow point ammunition. It then turned around and ordered an additional 750 million rounds of … to CIA operations almost treat JSOC as an entity that doesn’t have to submit to oversight.

social-security-administration-to-purchase-174-thousand-rounds-of …

http://www.infowars.com/social-security-administration-to-purchase-174-th…Aug 15, 2012 – UPDATE: DHS Now Covering Up Ammo Purchases? … Hollow point bullets are designed to expand as they enter the body, causing … And other officers, some with K-9s, sifted through the building,” … has put out a contract for 46,000 rounds of hollow point bullets … He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos.

Make no mistake …. they are coming for our weapons.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?… The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin’s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If…if…We didn’t love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation…. We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” Alexander Solzhenitsyn

39. Oh, Treena, you’re such a whore.

See, I can make baseless accusations, too. You skank.

40. Treena, you are left wing lunatic and a hypocrite. You support abortion, but that is just murdering babies a few years before those ones in Conn. You are the black hole of stupidity. You want same sex marriage, but call conservatives “teabaggers” which is a reference to a perverse homosexual practice. You disgust me.

41. Everyone is starting to understand.

42. Treena, it is people like you that help the anti-American politicians puss their freedom killing BS. Look up past articles in the LSM that talks about Boxer having a CC permit. You have drank the Kool Aid and not done any research on how wonderfully gun control has worked in other countries. Look at crime statistics in England and Australia for a start. Research crime in right to carry states vs anti-gun, blue, states. Murder capitals Chicago and DC, who controls them, Dems. Where the most sever gun laws are in effect we have shooting galleries for nutcases that should be in mental hospitals that were closed and kept closed by libs.

43. Huapakechi on December 17, 2012 at 11:04 AM said:

I didn’t see any mention of this, but I may have missed it. Here it is and apologies if I’m wasting time by reposting old news.

“Death by “Gun Control”

44. “The 2nd Amendment wasn’t even abotu “gun right.” It was about arming the military.”

@Treena, you have obviously never read the Bill of Rights. Enough said.

45. Treena, thank you for revealing what a true buffoon you are. If I can ask you to read a court case: Warren vs District of Columbia, then maybe it will change your views. It will contain a lot of words, a lot of big words but I ask that you keep a dictionary and thesaurus next to you while you read.

46. Treena. Wow. Have you ever read the the constitution, or the amendments? Owning guns IS A RIGHT! Just like you have the right to freedom of speech, or the right to vote. Furthermore, the founding fathers said that the second amendment is THE most important one because it guards all the others. Once you take away the second, it’ll just be more to come. Apparently you don’t mind giving up your freedom of speech, or right to vote, or any of the others. By the way, do you know that 10% of all 911 calls go unanswered? It takes at least 15 minutes for the police to respond. I am assuming you live in a gated community, and probably never lived anywhere you might need to have a means to protect yourself. Please get your facts straight.

47. Oh and one more thing Treena. You are indeed an axx-hat. Please do us all a favor and keep up with your kardashian.

48. Oh, and Treena? By the way, the second amendment has nothing to do with the military dear. It means that in times of crisis the people become the militia, because they have THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!

49. Treena – according to Planned Parenthood they kill over 300,000 innocent children via abortion each year, averaging over 900 per day!

50. i do believe the elite will be armed ,the criminal’s will be armed and the innocent law abiding citizen’s will be defenseless.

51. M Griffin on December 18, 2012 at 9:22 AM said:

Treena, I live in the Country, calling 911 may take 30 min to 1 hour to respond so what do I do? Having no guns leaves the door open for a Unjust Government to come in, having Guns 2nd Amen. gives pause,and we would not have a Country if the non law adiding citizen did not have guns because the Founders were not with King George and would have been shot if caught, think about that when you disarm any Citizen Law Abiding or not. I depend on my friends next door 20 acres away for assistance for 4 leg Coyotes and 2 leg Coyotes.

52. [...] document.write(''); OX.requestAd({"auid":"33501"}); So they think they are better or more important than us? Our lives don't matter? Politicians are the biggest pos liars and hypocrites. I am really really sick of these people and they need to be removed from office or removed from society. Political Elite with Concealed Carry Permits a Symptom of "Only Ones' NOT Support for Gun Right… [...]

53. My, my, my! Treena, bless your heart! First of all 911 has it purpose. Correct me fellow posters if I am incorrect, but I read that in Aura Colorado theater shooting, 911 was call from patrons not only in the line of fire, but from adjoining theaters. 911 was also called from the school in recent shooting. How did that work out? When the shooting starts it is too late for 911. Now, Ms. Treena on another point in your writing, you ask us to fight for something important, one thing you mentioned was abortion. Do you have any clue what so ever that in the United States alone, over 1 million abortions are performed yearly? I guess those are unwanted babies so they don’t count. How many children are killed annually in Chicago by illegal guns? I am sure you have no clue. We all know that if they would ban guns, only the police and military would possess them…….NOT! I am sure the criminals will be the first to surrender their arms…..lol. It is your choice not have a gun, or even like them. It is my right to have one. I guess maybe all these post are being to hard on Ms. Treena. She is only babbling what she has been told, no first hand knowledge there, like all the other liberals. Just remember being sheep is not always in your best interest. Watch out for the wolf.

54. Treena dont let all those big ole mean gun guys get you down.
      You just keep spitting out all your stupid bullshit so everyone will be able to see just how stupid you libs are on the issue.
      Then you should study some good ole American history and see just what the second amendment was put there for in the first place.
      Then you might come back here and thank some of these people that are helping to keep this great nation together.

55. Drew - USAF Ret on December 25, 2012 at 2:31 PM said:

Treena – nice of you to remind me that ONE, people like you are not worth dying for while in uniform; Two, you cannot grasp the vision of the Founders to make sure that we can resist oppression from our own government should it arise – and it can happen here, we’re not exempt from history – but I bet you don’t know your history either,. from the poor logic you present, so Three, you reaffirm my belief that not all the brood mares and breeding cows are safely herded on the government farm – just how in the hell did you get past the fence? And no, I am NOT an NRA member, don’t need and firearm (I have my training) where I am at, but I will damn sure make sure other women ARE trained in shooting their attackers since you seem to think the cops will bail your dumb ass out – well, they won’t sweetie – in 1982, while you were either a gleam in your daddy’s eye (assuming you had one – he would have taught you better if you did) – the Supreme Court RULED that police do NOT have the responsibility to protect you, based on a case where a woman who was raped called and they did not come – she lost. And with your ignorance, you will lose, too. But then again, it’s Social Darwinism for your “advanced culture” ideals – today the rapist is your friend; tomorrow, you’ll be his lunch. Do us a favor – DON’T have kids. Save the planet for us smart ones who know human nature, Okay? Now run along and sing “Kumbayah” with all the rest of the kiddies who live in Disneyland, and leave politics to serious people .