The SHOT Show Statistics Spell Success
NEWTOWN, Conn. –-(AmmoLand.com)- Thousands of members and prospective members stopped by the NSSF booth in the second floor lobby of the SHOT Show, held Jan. 19-22, at the Sands Expo & Convention Center in Las Vegas.
There they received information, complimentary gifts for their support and perhaps a respite from the throngs of buyers and media that walked the aisles of the exhibit halls.
If it seemed like a lot of industry members were in attendance, preliminary figures bear out that impression:
- A record 31,280 buyers registered for the show.
- An all-time high of 1,804 professionals were issued media credentials.
- Overall attendance was 58,444, only a few hundred shy of the show’s all-time record set at the 2008 SHOT Show, held in Las Vegas.
- Exhibiting companies numbered nearly 1,800, about 125 of them international, covering 700,000 net square feet in the Sands Expo & Convention Center’s halls and the Venetian Hotel’s meeting rooms.
- SHOT Show University, the State of the Industry Dinner and the Law Enforcement education program were filled to capacity.
Preparations are already being made to assure that the 2011 SHOT Show, scheduled for Jan. 18-21 in the same venue, is not only as big as it was in 2010 but also that improvements will make it an even greater experience for all involved.
The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 5,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen’s organizations and publishers. For more information, log on to www.nssf.org.