GLOCK, Inc. Connects with Youth
SMYRNA, Ga. –-(Ammoland.com)- Gaston Glock’s belief in giving back was woven into the ethos of GLOCK, Inc. when the United States division of the company opened 25 years ago.
Ever since, the company has maintained its founder’s commitment to philanthropy and education; particularly in the youth arena.
“GLOCK’s focus is to assist those who put themselves in harm’s way to defend the freedoms that we all currently enjoy,” said Josh Dorsey, GLOCK vice-president. “It’s with great pleasure that GLOCK is able to make a difference by contributing to organizations that develop the characteristics of our nation’s future leaders.”
Most recently, Team GLOCK member Randi Rogers, participated as an instructor at the MGM Junior Shooter Camp held at the Parma Rod & Gun Club, in Boise, ID from July 22-24. This is the third year that GLOCK has participated as a sponsor to the camp, whose main purpose is to enhance the skills of the junior shooters and help prepare them for competition. The shooters participated in daily clinics to learn advanced shooting skills. Team GLOCK member, Tori Nonaka, is an alumnus to the camp, where she credits much of her advancement in shooting.
“I firmly believe that organizations such as the MGM Junior Shooters Camp help to teach the young shooters responsibility and achievements of setting goals,” stated Rogers. “I began shooting at a young age, and really feel that my experience in the shooting arena has helped me to not only be a better competitor, but a more accomplished adult.”
Other youth organizations GLOCK has partnered with include:
- Scholastic Steele Challenge: The SSC provides the opportunity for young adults aged 12 thru 20 to participate in the exciting and challenging family sport of “speed steel” in a supportive environment taught by trained and supportive adult coaches focusing on the safe handling and use of handguns.
- Yaarab Shriner’s Circus: Over the past 87 years, the 18 Shriners Hospitals in the United States, Canada and Mexico have provided medical care to more than 865,000 children with congenital deformities and conditions, orthopedic injuries and diseases of the neuromusculoskeletal system at no charge.
- Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF): Provides college educations to the surviving children of Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps special operations personnel killed in combat or training.
- Young Marines: Positively impacts America’s future by providing programs for youth that promote their mental, moral and physical health through teamwork, self-discipline and a drug-free lifestyle. The program strives to instill core values of “Honor, Courage and Commitment” adopted by the Marine Corps to each of their members.
- NRA Whittington Center’s Adventure Camp –The Camp is a unique place where young men and women have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of pistol, rifle and shotgun shooting in a positive environment.
About GLOCK, Inc.
GLOCK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of pistols and accessories. GLOCK's superior engineering has produced a pistol with only 34 parts and a rugged polymer-frame, providing industry-leading reliability shot after shot. GLOCK is renowned for its pistols which are safe, featuring three safeties; simple, offering a low number of components to provide reliability; and fast, with no encumbering parts to slow the speed to fire. This combination makes GLOCK pistols the first choice among consumers and law enforcement, with 65% of agencies nationwide choosing to carry GLOCK. Austrian-engineered, the company has manufacturing facilities in the United States and Austria. Based in Smyrna, Ga., GLOCK, Inc. is an advocate for our nation's law enforcement and military personnel, as well as all citizens' Second Amendment right to bear arms. For more information, please visit www.teamglock.com.