TROY, NY –-(Ammoland.com)- With the upcoming special election in the 100th Assembly District, the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association would like to remind everyone of Frank Skartados’ voting record on Second Amendment issues from 2009 to 2010:
- • Voted FOR A-801, requiring handgun owners to pay for renewing their licenses every five years.
- • Voted FOR A-1326, mandating handguns be made more difficult to operate safely and shoot accurately.
- • Voted FOR A-5844, prohibiting keeping firearms accessible in the home for self-defense.
- • Voted FOR A-6157, prohibiting virtually all self-loading firearms that can accept detachable magazines.
- • Voted FOR A-6468, prohibiting all new handguns which do not incorporate unworkable microstamping technology.
“Frank Skartados clearly does not support our civil rights,” said NYSRPA President Tom King. “District residents should keep this in mind when casting their ballot next week.”‘
About New York State Rifle & Pistol Association
The New York State Rifle & Pistol Association is the state’s largest and oldest firearms advocacy organization. Since 1871, our organization has been dedicated to the preservation of Second Amendment rights, firearm safety, education and training, and the shooting sports. Our membership consists of individuals and clubs throughout the state. We are a not-for-profit 501(c)4 organization and the official NRA-affiliated State Association in New York. Visit: www.nysrpa.org