Colorado –-(Ammoland.com)- Colorado Senate President John Morse has scheduled ALL the anti-gun bills to be heard in two different Senate Committees on Monday, including his newly introduced Backdoor “Assault Weapon” ban.
That’s right, Morse is trying to ram billionaire-playboy Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s New York gun ban agenda through the state senate as fast as possible.
All gun rights activists are encouraged to attend, and politely voice their opposition to these outrageous attacks on our gun rights.
The committees will both meet at 10:30 am on Monday, March 4th 2013.
The Senate Judiciary Committee (Old Supreme Court Chambers, second floor of the Capitol) will hear:
- SB-195: Prohibit Colorado citizens from taking online CCW training courses
- SB-196: Morse’s De Facto “Assault Weapons” ban.
- HB-1224: Bans all magazines that hold more than 15 rounds.
State Affairs Committee (Senate Committee RM 356, third floor of the Capitol) will hear:
- HB-1226: Bans armed self-defense on college campuses; expanding criminal safe-zones to all state college and university campuses.
- HB-1228: Imposes a Jim Crow-style gun tax on all firearm purchases. This legislation has no limit on the amount the CBI could charge for a background check.
- HB-1229: Bans the private sale of firearms and expands background checks/gun registration for all Colorado gun owners.
Witnesses in each committee will be given a number indicating the order in which they will testify (think Deli Counter numbered tickets).
Each witness will be given THREE (3) minutes TOTAL to speak on any/all of the bills being heard before that specific committee. This will hopefully allow all interested citizens the ability to testify before both committees with the knowledge that they will not lose their place in line in either of the two committees.
If you do plan on attending, please have your comments well prepared and practiced to ensure that they are within the allowed three minute time period.
The most important thing you can do right now though, is turn up the heat in the state senate.
Please re-read my e-mail from yesterday, and contact the State Senators listed below.
Based in Colorado, Rocky Mountain Gun Owners is Colorado’s largest state-based gun lobby. It is a group solely dedicated to the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Our strategy is simple: don’t give an inch. Visit: www.rmgo.org