Shhhh. Secret Group of State Legislators Meets in Washington To Plan Anti-Gun Agenda

By Larry Keane

Secret Shsss
Shhhh. Secret Group of State Legislators Meets in Washington To Plan Anti-Gun Agenda
National Shooting Sports Foundation
National Shooting Sports Foundation

NEWTOWN, Conn –-(Ammoland.com)- A handful of state legislators from across the country gathered at the National Press Club in Washington, DC to announce the creation of “American State Legislators for Gun Violence Prevention” or ASLGVP.

The new group, which claims to be non-partisan, will work to push new gun restrictions at the state level.

But the coalition has one major problem – they will not let anyone know who they are.

ASLGVP boasts having 200 members from all 50 states but the group will not release a list of their membership, due to a fear of “political backlash.”  So, outside of the eight members that participated in the inaugural press conference, no one knows who is or is not a member of this group. We are not witnessing a “Profiles in Courage”  moment here.

Citizens across the country have a right to know whether or not their respective elected official is a member of this group. Considering that ASLGVP intends to potentially tamper with our Constitutional rights, it is unethical and secretive for members to keep their constituents in the dark about their participation in the group.  If a state legislator is too scared to reveal his or her affiliation with this group, shouldn’t that say something about the agenda that ASLGVP may be trying to move forward?

Perhaps members of this group have opted to keep their participation in ASLGVP a secret because they do not want people to know how out of touch they really are — with their constituents but also the country as a whole.

American State Legislators for Gun Violence Prevention
American State Legislators for Gun Violence Prevention Logo

Last week, the Pew Research Center released the results from its newest poll which found that public support for gun rights has never been higher. The survey showed that 52 percent of Americans believe it is important to protect our Second Amendment rights, a figure that increased seven points over the past year.

Since public opinion is not in their favor, ASLGVP members, once they reveal their identities, should indeed be fearful of “political backlash” – a vote out of office in the next election.ASLGVP said it would meet this week in Washington, DC for the first time.

NSSF would like to attend and hear more about the group’s agenda, but the meeting time and location is secret. Of course it is.  We assume disguises are optional?  How about secret handshakes or de-coder rings?

American State Legislators for Gun Violence Prevention
American State Legislators for Gun Violence Prevention

How about this? Any elected public official who believes they must conduct themselves in such cartoonish secrecy is certainly raising questions about their fitness for their office.  As for transparency, well they clearly don’t see any need for that quaint notion of representative government.

They’ll tell us what they want to tell us when they’re ready.  In the meantime, mum’s the word.

About NSSFThe National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 6,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen’s organizations and publishers. For more information, log on to www.nssf.org.

10 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Justino Izquierdo
Justino Izquierdo
5 years ago

Want Gun Violence Prevention, get a gun it’s just common sense, don’t go around shooting or killing people that’s not the purpose of having a weapon “IT IS FOR FAMILY AND PERSONAL PROTECTION FIRST” hunting, sport shooting are additional if you enjoy them. EXAMPLE, and a simple one at that , indulge me please, 99% of the time if a person sees a fairly large dog (small dogs are not so intimidating) in someones yard, they will not jump the fence or go into that yard right? on the other hand that 1% (the stupid) if they don’t see the… Read more »

Justino Izquierdo
Justino Izquierdo
5 years ago

Want Gun Violence Prevention, get a gun it’s just common sense, don’t go around shooting or killing people that’s not the purpose of having a weapon “IT IS FOR FAMILY AND PERSONAL PROTECTION FIRST” hunting, sport shooting are additional if you enjoy them. EXAMPLE, and a simple one at that , indulge me please, 99% of the time if a person sees a fairly large dog (small dogs are not so intimidating) in someones in yard, they will not jump the fence or go into that yard right? on the other hand that 1% (the stupid) if they don’t see… Read more »

mjmiff
mjmiff
6 years ago

I wouldn’t worry about them too much, appears to be an extension of Mayors Against Legal Guns or better known as Bloombergs Billions.. If you look at the page source you’ll see a link to the company that designed the page – http://i57.tinypic.com/2r5rxn8.jpg The founder – Aaron Kinnari – Lists his previous employment, office of the mayor.. http://i61.tinypic.com/64dk0h.jpg – https://www.linkedin.com/pub/aaron-kinnari/49/b54/498 His Facebook page friend list is a who’s who of failed gun control – https://www.facebook.com/aaronkinnari/friends?pnref=lhc – Erika Soto Lamb Communications Director at Everytown for Gun Safety – Sarah Clements Gun Violence Prevention Organizing Fellow at Generation Progress – Brina Milikowsky… Read more »

Gene Hull
Gene Hull
6 years ago

I feel no need to expand on the stupidity of what ASLGVP is doing. That is altogether obvious. But I do feel compelled to declare that I view them simply as a bunch of AHOLES!

Herb
Herb
6 years ago

Just a wild guess but I would bet they are all democrats and everybody knows what exceptional liars they are. Maybe somebody should ask why they want to empower the bad guys – the career criminals, the uprising criminals while making it harder to impossible for law-abiding citizens (the good guys) to defend against the bad guys. Why are the democrats against self-defense? Why are the democrats for the bad guys and against the good guys? Have the democrats turned in all of their guns? Do their bodyguards carry guns and if so, a) why do they carry guns; b)… Read more »

Pamela
Pamela
6 years ago

Vile scoundrels. And…..you’ll be getting your money and orders from???? Go back and re-read your oath for office. If you do not understand it, read it again. If not comprehended that time, know one thing: “Your a Traitor” to the United States of America. Law abiding U.S. citizens do understand our Constitution. #2) A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. What part of “shall not be infringed”, do you not understand? And….nowhere in the Constitution does it state I must… Read more »

Ignorant Beaner
Ignorant Beaner
6 years ago
Reply to  Pamela

Amen,any elected official who doesn’t support their oath to the Constitution needs to be hung or shot as a traitor !

Paul
Paul
6 years ago

These people should be exposed and charged with lying under oath and treason.

eaglesnester
eaglesnester
6 years ago

They know not what they do. These elected officials have placed themselves in the cross hairs and if it comes to that they can and will be eliminated. I feel sorry for their families and next of kin for their stupidity.

Janek
Janek
6 years ago

This certainly flies in the face of “more government transparency”. I guess they’ll be claiming “executive privilege” next? I wonder where they learned these ‘tactics’?