S&W Model 19 Revolver Reintroduced to Classics, Performance Center Lines

S&W Model 19 Revolver Reintroduced
S&W Model 19 Revolver Reintroduced

SPRINGFIELD, Mass., –-(Ammoland.com)- Smith & Wesson Corp. today announced that it has reintroduced two configurations of it’s Model 19 revolver, chambered in .38 S&W Special +P and .357 Magnum. For the first time in 20 years, the Model 19 will be available as a catalog item, in both a Classics and Performance Center version.

Tony Miele, General Manager of the Performance Center, said, “The Model 19 revolver was a popular choice for both law enforcement and civilian customers for nearly 40 years, and after many requests, we’ve decided to reintroduce it to the product line in both Classic and Performance Center models. The Model 19 Classic is designed to replicate the original, while the new Performance Center Model 19 Carry Comp features modern revolver innovation and design for today’s shooters.”

The Smith & Wesson Classics series of revolvers have been enhanced with modern internal components, but mimic the look and feel of classic models. The Model 19 Classic revolver features a handsome set of walnut grips, a 4.25″ barrel, a black adjustable rear sight, and red ramp front sight. The revolver dons a highly polished, blued finish and traditional thumbpiece for a classic look.

The Performance Center Model 19 Carry Comp is designed for concealed carry and includes a tritium front night sight, custom wood and synthetic boot grips, and a 3″ PowerPort™ vented barrel for recoil management. The revolver features a trigger overtravel stop and Performance Center tuned action for a smooth double-action and light single action trigger pull.

Both the Model 19 Classic and the Performance Center Model 19 Carry Comp are both chambered in .38 S&W Special +P and .357 Magnum with a 6 round cylinder.

The Model 19 Classic is available with an MSRP of $826, the Performance Center Model 19 Carry Comp with an MSRP of $1,092, and both come with the Smith & Wesson limited warranty and lifetime service policy.

To learn more about the new Model 19 revolvers and the complete line of Classics and Performance Center firearms, including spec sheets and images, please click here.

To stay up to date on all of the latest news and events, be sure to follow Performance Center on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Smith & Wesson

About Smith & Wesson

Smith & Wesson Corp. is a provider of quality firearms for personal protection, target shooting and hunting in the global consumer and professional markets. Smith & Wesson is world famous for its handguns and long guns sold under the Smith & Wesson®, Performance Center®, M&P®, Thompson/Center Arms™, and Gemtech® brands. Through its Manufacturing Services Division, Smith & Wesson Corp. also provides forging, machining, and precision plastic injection molding services to a wide variety of consumer goods companies. For more information on Smith & Wesson, call (800) 331-0852 or log on to www.smith-wesson.com.

Sean Curry
Sean Curry

I have a 19-3, and a NIB 19-6. I’ll be purchasing this new 19 Classic as soon as it hits my LGS. The new two piece barrels I’ve shot seem to be very accurate. I want to save the 19-6 for grandkids. I have used the lock in several of my newer Smiths. I like it. I feel anything that can add addition safety in foreseen situations a plus.

Joseph J Anglim
Joseph J Anglim

Will the blue finish hold up if the wrong solvent is used? Recent S&W blue guns could be damaged by a single use of a traditional cleaner like Hoppe’s #9.

James Higginbotham
James Higginbotham

38 S&W plus P.
what the hell, why not 44 Special along with the 357 Mag.
seems a better choice to me.
am i wrong?

Wild Bill
Wild Bill

H, I have been a fan of the .44 Special for many years. I have a Charter arms Bulldog, a Charter Arms Bulldog target model, and a bunch of HKS speed loaders for them.

William Niles
William Niles
Reply to  Wild Bill

Charter Arms is making the classic bulldog with the 3″ barrel, again. I have one and am very pleased with it. You can find speedloaders for it all day long on ebay.

Old 1811
Old 1811

Mr. Higginbotham,
I think you’re misreading the article. The guns are not separately chambered for .38 Spl (not .38 S&W)+P and .357 Magnums. Since .357 is just a long .38 Special, the same gun is chambered for both calibers, just like a .22 LR is also chambered for a .22 Short.
And, .44 Special chambering requires a larger (N) frame. These are K-frame guns. Smith & Wesson made the Model 21 in .44 Special for many years, including quite recently. It’s apparently been dropped, most likely for lack of interest.

TruBrit
TruBrit

The Model 69 Combat Master is 44 Mag/44 Special, on the same K Frame.

HankB
HankB
Reply to  TruBrit

No. The Model 69 is built on the L frame.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill

H, Heck no. You are not wrong. I have both. Reload for both. Put together entertaining leather gear for both (I like those silver dollar conches on black leather). The fascinating part about our sport is the wondrous variety of combinations and possibilities.

Roy D.
Roy D.

Is “modern internal components” salesman speak for MIM parts? I did have a four inch Model 66 in my possession for about a year that had been issued to a Plano, Tx PD Officer and it was a sweet shooting gun; accurate and a very smooth trigger. Wish I could have kept it.

Craig Smith
Craig Smith

I am now retired from federal law enforcement but carried a model 19 when I first worked as a police officer in the 70’s. I loved that revolver but said goodbye when semi automatic pistols began to be issued. I will be buying one just as soon as I am financially able!

Roger
Roger

I have a Model 19, in 357 nickel with 6”bbl. I replaced the wood grips with Pachmayr grips and used them to replace the smaller wood grips on my Model 18, 22 … cause I have large hands and the 22’s grips were smaller. I love shooting the Model 19, and usually for range purposes use 38 Special to keep costs in hand. A vintage 80’s revolver w/o the silly Hillary hole.

Longhaired Redneck
Longhaired Redneck
Reply to  Roger

Please Roger, the words “Hillary” and “hole” used together conjures a nightmarish image in the minds of right-thinking people everywhere!

Noelia Tesalona
Noelia Tesalona

It looks amazing but I will pass because of that ugly hole in the side. That safety is rarely used and can pose a safety risk under heavy recoil. What a dumb move to put all that effort and tooling and good it up with the hole.

Michael Bewley
Michael Bewley

You would think after offering the 642 and some Pro Series without the lawyer lock, S&W would get rid of it. Sales would increse substantially and I would buy new instead of used pre safety S&W revolvers.

HankB
HankB

I have yet to meet ANY shooter who has EVER used that silly lock on the side of an S&W revolver – and yet S&W keeps putting it in. Idiots – they’ve even spawned a small lock removal cottage industry including parts like a plug for that hole in the side.

Old 1811
Old 1811
Reply to  HankB

The only conceivable use I can see for the lock is, if you are flying, you can lock the action when the gun is in the hold of the airplane. That’s where your gun is at the greatest risk of theft, and locking the action will at least slow down anyone who steals it.

Roy D.
Roy D.
Reply to  Old 1811

We are all less for having read what you wrote.

Steve
Steve

Nice to see it come back it was my duty pistol for Seven years.
In 1970 I purchased it for $125.

MLeake
MLeake

Agreed, The Performance Center 3” would ve extremely appealing, were it bot for the Hillary hole…

Shotgun505
Shotgun505
Reply to  MLeake

I’ll be keeping my money because of the silly hole as well S and W would do much better to listen to it’s customer and do and do awith it. If enough of us stand up for it maybe they will listen.

James Brigham (Bigg) Bunyon
James Brigham (Bigg) Bunyon

Nice try, but one definition of “classic” is “remarkably and instructively typical”. How can it be a classic and have the lock that was not typical of the 19’s original design? May as well have made them out of stainless steel.