USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- The NRA invites all youth between the ages of 15 and 19 to join the ranks of the NRA National Youth Shooting Sports Ambassadors! Meet industry leaders, celebrities, Olympians and like-minded youth while you gain insight into the workings of the NRA as we champion our Second Amendment rights.
Brownells has generously funded the NRA National Youth Shooting Sports Ambassador program. In previous years, NRA’s National Shooting Sports Youth Cooperative Organizations such as Boy Scouts of America (BSA), National High School Rodeo Association, Royal Rangers, BSA Venturing, and USA Shooting, nominate outstanding young people to represent their organization at national events.
In an effort to become more inclusive of all youth cooperative programs/entities including NRA State Associations and affiliated clubs the NRA is opening up the application process to all youth that meet the requirements of this application. Anyone that is a high school sophomore, junior or Senior is welcome to apply based on the new criteria.
If selected, the Ambassador will be required to:
- Participate in monthly conference calls to discuss the program and the ambassador’s progress in the program
- Write four articles (one per quarter) which may be used in NRA social media postings and may be placed in NRA Official Journals
- Volunteer at a Friends of the NRA Banquet or event
- Complete at least one NRA Training Program that is new to the ambassador
- Organize an NRA Youth Day at a local club or state association
- Travel up to three NRA events to support the NRA mission as ambassadors to our members and industry partners in duties assigned by the NRA Cooperative Program Coordinator
Applications must be submitted by November 21, 2018. Learn more about the requirements for becoming an Ambassador, and find out how to apply.
For more information, email [email protected] or call (703) 267-1597.
The NRA thanks Brownells for its continued support of the NRA National Youth Shooting Sports Ambassadors program, and for its unwavering support of the National Rifle Association.
Established in 1871, the National Rifle Association is America’s oldest civil rights and sportsmen’s group. 5.5 million members strong, NRA continues its mission to uphold Second Amendment rights and is the leader in firearm education and training for law-abiding gun owners, law enforcement and the military. Visit http://www.nra.org.