NJ Hunter Murdered, Sportsmen Should Be Extra Vigilant During Outdoor Activity

hunter-safety-safley-iStock-Althom-871024318.jpg
NJ Hunter Murdered, Sportsmen Should Be Extra Vigilant During Outdoor Activity iStock-Althom

New Jersey – -(AmmoLand.com)- In the wake of a recent murder of a bow hunter in Camden County, New Jersey, the Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs is urging all hunters and sportsmen to be extra vigilant and aware when engaging in outdoor activities.

54-year old hunter Joseph Bottino was found stabbed and beaten to death outside a Boy Scout reservation in Pine Hill. The murder is unsolved and being investigated by the Camden County Prosecutor's Office.

Read more about the incident by clicking here.

“Anyone with information on the homicide can call the Camden County prosecutor’s office Detective Jeremy Jankowski at (856) 397-3485 or Pine Hill Police Sgt. John Field at (856) 783-1589. Tips can also be emailed to [email protected]

Hunters are cautioned to be aware of their surroundings, to consider hunting with others, to make family and friends aware of their plans, and to be extra alert about your personal safety.

About Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs: The Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs, Inc. is the official NRA State Association in New Jersey. Our mission is to implement all of the programs and activities at the state level that the NRA does at the national level. This mission includes the following: To support and defend the constitutional rights of the people to keep and bear arms.

To take immediate action against any legislation at the local, state, and federal level that would infringe upon these rights. Visit: www.anjrpc.org

Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs

StLPro2A
StLPro2A
5 days ago

Wow, one has to be vigilant around those NJ Boy Scouts.

Get Out
Get Out
8 days ago

I’d be willing to bet more bow hunters are carrying a firearm now after this murder.

musicman44mag
musicman44mag
5 days ago
Reply to  Get Out

I think in some states it is illegal to carry a firearm when hunting with a bow. If I remember right, kommiefornia comes to mind.
Good reason to change the law if you are not allowed to carry when hunting with a bow. It’s a stupid law anyway. Constitutional carry across the land should fix that.

To me it’s like this. Though I am hunting deer, the bears are still out there and I deserve a better chance of surviving a bear attack with a gun then a dam bow or even worse, bear spray. Stupid laws.

Mike
Mike
10 days ago

From the first line in the article: “murder of a bow hunter in Camden County, New Jersey”

Black Powder 26
Black Powder 26
11 days ago

First prayers for the victim of the heinous act. Interesting posts pertaining to PETA. Let me say this, as a former resident of the Garden state, is anyone surprised that things like this happen in a place where concealed carry is almost non existent, firearm ownership is considered vile by the mainstream “Demorats” that run the state and where a melon head Governor is in charge! Curious to know was he bow hunting, muzzle loader hunting or shotgun hunting? Not that it makes much of a difference, but most gun friendly states allow you to carry a sidearm while hunting,… Read more »

brudaman
brudaman
11 days ago

So sorry for the victims family! Healing blessings

swmft
swmft
11 days ago

the peta people are a real danger and have been known to shoot at hunters in orange so guess it is next stage where we need to watch out for them and field dress when needed

Bdcaron
Bdcaron
Reply to  swmft

Bull shit! When in doubt blame PETA. I’ve never heard of someone from PETA stabbing and beating anyone.

Knute
Knute
Reply to  Bdcaron

They steal pets and kill them.

It’s a small step from such animal abuse, to doing the same to humans. That is according to PETA themselves!
This will have to wait to get posted, because of the two links. I’m fine with that.

Knute
Knute
Reply to  Bdcaron

If you would like to know some things about PETA, rather than just repeat their ads, try starting here:
QUOTE:
“I had no idea how bad the situation was until I started digging – then I was horrified. In this post, I’ll share the ugly truth about PETA. It’s time that the information was known, so homesteaders who raise their own meat don’t have to face these ugly attacks alone.”
END QUOTE.

Dave in Fairfax
Editor
Dave in Fairfax
Reply to  Bdcaron

Bdcaron, An interesting 1st post. Did you take a look at the links provided about PETA? They are right up there with HSUS when it comes to killing animals in the name of saving them. It’s an interesting viewpoint. They make the case that many murderers start out by killing animals. True and a sign of sociopathy. What they fail to recognize is that by kidnapping/stealing pets, so that they can kill them, they are performing exactly the same actions. Through a mirror darkly. Killing to save is a tradition that goes back to the Inquisition. Zealots have used it… Read more »

Last edited 11 days ago by Dave in Fairfax
musicman44mag
musicman44mag
5 days ago

Now that was interesting. A lot more study on the topic than I have ever done. I never went beyond People Eating Tasty Animals.

TheRevelator
TheRevelator
Reply to  Bdcaron

and Dave
Don’t expect a reply from Bd”Karen”. Well, at least not an honest one.

Personally I wouldnt put it past Peta or someone from the ALF/ELF (Both groups have advocated murder previously) to be behind this, but it could also be someone who knew and had a grudge against Mr Bottino.Anyway, looks like we got another troll to add to the lists.

TheRevelator
TheRevelator
Reply to  Bdcaron

Hey, Bdcaron.

Remember this quote from Peta’s Campaign Director Bruce Friedrich?

“If we really believe that animals have the same right to be free from pain and suffering at our hands, then, of course, we’re going to be blowing things up and smashing windows. For the record, I don’t do this stuff, but I advocate it. I think it’s a great way to bring about animal liberation, considering the level of suffering, the atrocities.”

Epic Fail (Free Pack) – Sound Effect [HD] – YouTube

musicman44mag
musicman44mag
5 days ago
Reply to  Bdcaron

I agree, I have never heard of it either but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. These PETA and Sierra Club as well as antifa, bldm and tree huggers go way beyond what is considered normal for you and I.

Rowboat
Rowboat
11 days ago

As a Nam vet and retired police officer, I am and have always had a good case of “ situational awareness “. However, I’ve observed, , that that most people don’t, especially women, who are the most vulnerable to the predators.

Elisa Delaurenti
Elisa Delaurenti
Reply to  Rowboat

Agreed, but this woman has very keen situational awareness, due to the numerous attacks I’ve experienced. I’ve also got a nasty attitude toward those who would try to attack me. I don’t play defense any more.

RoyD
RoyD
11 days ago

Once you are, “attacked”, everything you do after that occurrence is by definition “defensive” in nature. Now should the person at some point be no longer able to respond to your “defensive” response then you are now the aggressor. The people who will judge you pay attention to these “details.”

Riverwolf
Riverwolf
11 days ago

Maybe Blaze Orange isn’t such a good idea after all. Time for it to go away and be replaced with better mentoring of new hunters.

SK
SK
11 days ago

That’s why I carry a pistol with me while bow hunting on public land.

Rowboat
Rowboat
Reply to  SK

It is almost impossible to get or carry a pistol in New Jersey, where this murder took place.

crazy joe
crazy joe
Reply to  Rowboat

That statement makes you wonder who the state leaders really represent doesn’?t it

Matt in Oklahoma
Matt in Oklahoma
11 days ago

but make sure your wearing orange so they can find you

MagnumOpUS
MagnumOpUS
11 days ago

Yes. And also make sure that it’s ‘you’re’ and not ‘your’; your Fifth Grade grammar teacher might be nearby.

LOL!

CrackerJack
CrackerJack
Reply to  MagnumOpUS

No need for Grammar Nazis or Spelling Nazis we get the point. It’s considered rude to point out spelling or grammar errors in online posts. Not everyone uses spell checkers and some spell checkers autocorrect using the wrong words.

Dave in Fairfax
Editor
Dave in Fairfax
Reply to  MagnumOpUS

Magnum,

Since you’re so concerned with the state of the language, I’m sure that you know not to begin a sentence with “and”.

Last edited 11 days ago by Dave in Fairfax
Knute
Knute
11 days ago

Nothing lower than a grammar Nazi who uses bad grammar! Except for maybe a childless parenting director… 🙂

RoyD
RoyD
Reply to  MagnumOpUS

Rest easy, Mag, I can assure you that Matt knows how to spell and any errors encountered in his posts are inadvertent.

RoyD
RoyD
12 days ago

A better statement would be, “Everyone should be vigilant at all times.” A few days ago in the evening I had gotten my hair cut at my barber’s shop. My car was about 70ft away from the front of the shop which is located near one end of a strip mall. It was drizzling light rain and just above freezing. As I was walking out I noticed a late twenties early thirties white male walking from my left and our paths were going to cross at some point. Something about him didn’t set well with me so I slowed my… Read more »

CrackerJack
CrackerJack
Reply to  RoyD

Good advice, it’s important to be vigilant and listen to that small voice, it’s there for a reason. There are people out there who are more than willing to assault or kill people who hunt or carry guns. It’s insane but that whole group lives in a state of constant insanity

Heed the Call-up
Heed the Call-up
Reply to  RoyD

It might not have been nothing. The person could have just decided, based on your actions, not to engage. I know I have had similar instances, and by making it known I was aware, and that person seeing that I was aware, changed what that person did. They want the sheep, not the sheepdog.

Last edited 11 days ago by Heed the Call-up