‘Aggressively Centric’ McConaughey May as Well Be a ‘Leftist’ on the Right to Arms

This is actor Matthew McConaughey’s idea of being “aggressively centric” on the right of the people to keep and bear arms. (David Thomas Photography – Austin/Facebook)

U.S.A. – -(Ammoland.com)- “Matthew McConaughey may be a viable candidate for Texas governor,” The Dallas Morning News reported Monday. “Poll shows actor ahead of [two-term Republican incumbent Governor Greg] Abbott.”

“For months, McConaughey has teased political pundits and TV talk show hosts with musings that he might enter politics in his home state,” the article explains. “If he were to take the plunge and run for governor, the poll found, 45% of Texas registered voters would vote for McConaughey, 33% would vote for Abbott and 22% would vote for someone else.”

That makes fair the question: Why is he a “viable candidate” who is pulling such promising early numbers?

What has the actor said or done to convince a substantial percentage of Texas voters that he is qualified to exercise political power over their lives? What public policy positions has he championed to inspire that level of voter confidence and support?

Evidently, he presents himself as “aggressively centric,” whatever that means. And he’s a famous Hollywood star that People Magazine once named its “Sexiest Man Alive.” And, say some hoping to make a Trump comparison, he’s a political outsider.

They can say that again. Per a March report by The Texas  Tribune, “The actor hasn’t voted in a primary since at least 2012 and has never donated to a Texas or federal campaign.”

So what does McConaughey stand for? Aside from himself? Does “centrist” mean like a Mitt Romney “centrist Republican” or a Mark Kelly “centrist Democrat”? And how do his “centrist” positions – if we can ever find out what they are – square with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights?

When it comes to the Second Amendment, the actor has already let the cat out of the bag. He’s a gun-grabber wannabe.

Citing his October 2020 interview with Joe Rogan, The Tribune article elaborates:

“…McConaughey offered a more direct position on another hot-button issue — gun control — saying it is ‘too easy to get a gun sometimes, that there should be that background check.’ McConaughey has a history of being more outspoken on gun violence than other politically charged issues. In 2018, he spoke at the March for Our Lives rally in Austin, calling for banning assault weapons for civilians, restricting high-capacity magazines and strengthening background checks.”

Supposedly adult Americans exercising their right of self-determination vote for celebrities based on all they know about them—which is generally “informed” by scripted, directed, optimally angled, and lighted images projected on a screen, and on the gushing praise of publicists. That they would cede great powers based on professionally-manipulated illusions speaks more to starry-eyed childishness than anything else.

We saw it years ago, when the California GOP backed “action star” Arnold Schwarzenegger for governor, and warnings of his anti-gun inclinations were relegated to echo chambers and all but drowned out or ignored, including by “pro-gun” groups.

We see it in the mounting enthusiasm for a celebrity like Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson running for president.  He’s another self-described “centrist” who endorsed the Biden/Harris ticket and its gun-grabbing agenda.

Unfortunately, or more accurately, outrageously, the same mob mentality for style over substance is what elects not just celebrities, but career politicians as well. In a perverse way, “progressives” who smear gun owners as “extremists” for insisting representatives adhere to the Constitution have a point.

But to do otherwise is inexcusably lazy citizenship malpractice. And that threatens everything.

About David Codrea:

David Codrea is the winner of multiple journalist awards for investigating/defending the RKBA and a long-time gun owner rights advocate who defiantly challenges the folly of citizen disarmament. He blogs at “The War on Guns: Notes from the Resistance,” is a regularly featured contributor to Firearms News, and posts on Twitter: @dcodrea and Facebook.

David Codrea

Roland T. Gunner
Roland T. Gunner
7 months ago

Its time we fotmed a “Wild Bunch Club”, whose members pledge to go out like Butch and Sundance.

7 months ago

Statement to the editor of the website. I have noticed that my responses are standing but the post I responded too are gone. Makes me look like I am talking to myself. What happened to the post about the person that invented the wheel? I didn’t think that was a bad post and it is gone but my response is left behind. What is up with that?

Autsin Miller III
Autsin Miller III(@austin-miller-iii)
7 months ago

Looks more an more like Texas is going to flip from a Republican run state to Demoncrat run state. Houston, Dallas and Austin appear to be turning quite liberal (at least from a distance.) I feel for those folk who live in the rural areas, their voices are diminishing fast.I am afraid that will have consequences far past the boundaries of the state.

7 months ago

Why you say that? Because of constitutional carry?? Well allow me to give you a little secret, many of us left guys want constitutional carry. So Texas is not going blue; it’s just the Repubs are just genuinely weak overall. They really don’t have an agenda.

7 months ago

What’s the deal with your state senators refusing to pass CC? And your spineless governor refusing to sign it in law if the bill ends up on his desk. Sad right? (I’ll wait while you kiss their A$$ES some more.)

wjd
wjd(@will)
Reply to  Dee

Seems someone is using my handle as I just got mail about this and have never commented here. I will change password or have the account deleted.

wjd
wjd(@will)
Reply to  wjd

Not sure why I got a notice about Will

Autsin Miller III
Autsin Miller III(@austin-miller-iii)
Reply to  Dee

Um, Dee, I don’t live in Texas. Just observing the changes in the political climate from a distance. I am sure many on the left want CC. I don’t have a problem with that or with liberals in general, Everyone is welcome to their opinion, even you. I am happy to have a conversation with anyone willing to consider the veracity of ideas other than their own as will I. And we shall see what happens with the conservative vs. liberal influence. I actually hope you are right. I don’t think you are but time will tell.

PAF145
PAF145(@paf-145)
7 months ago

I’m guessing the boy is counting heavily on the female vote from his stripper movie fans–boy ain’t shown anything of substance

Last edited 7 months ago by PAF145
7 months ago

Al right, Chauvin lost on all counts. The BLDM and ANTIFAGS have no reason to riot. Ya right, you wait. This is no different than when that states football team or baseball team wins. They are there, they are ready and one has already said they are going to party tonight. We know what party means to them. To Dee. You should be grateful that they haven’t kicked you off the board with all the racisms and division you spread. We don’t worship anything but God, it’s you lefties that worship the actors and actresses. So you need to get… Read more »

7 months ago

But yet you “limps” () voted and worship that former Hollywood clown in the White House. Lol. Ammoland is a joke to allow ass backwards, contradicting, no backbone individuals on this site but I don’t believe in censorship. You worship Hollywood but now you say you no longer worship it. LOL

I really didn’t want to believe the weakness of this group but you guys removed all doubt. Thanks for calling them out !!!

Oldman
Oldman(@crazyphone)
7 months ago

I think most Texans have the opinion, as I do, that anybody who works in Hollywood is 3/4 commie. “It is for me and not thee”. Why? Cuz I be more impotent than you.

Mac
Mac(@michaelmccormavk9)
7 months ago

Self absorbed, self important actors are good for one thing and one thing only,acting. They spend their mostly miserable lives pretending to be someone else. Matthew wants to pretend to be Governor of the greatest state in our union, Texas.
We have a saying down here in Texas: “Don’t Mess with Texas”. Actor McConaughey would do well to observe that saying and keep his day job.

Reply to  Mac

Yes no one should litter. I’m glad you felt the same way about actor Donald Trump!

hoss
hoss(@hossgreen2000)
7 months ago

Just another CRB looking to make a name for themselves at the expense of the the patriots.
What these idiots don’t realize is when the powers that be are done with them, and they are no longer needed, like the rest of us that opposed their unconstitutional ways, they’ll be in the Fema camps along side us. Guess what, we have a long memory.

Grim
Grim(@biker)
7 months ago

Lord, Save Me! Not another actor, please!

Bozz
Bozz(@bozz48)
7 months ago

Nope. Not gonna vote for M&M. Abbott will still get my vote unless someone better comes along.

Reply to  Bozz

What’s it going to be next, Jane Fonda, or that bitch on the view Joy baywhore and suckme goldburg.

Doug G.
Doug G.(@gerbwa)
7 months ago

No one has brought up the fact that McConaughey is a known user of illegal drugs, specifically cocaine. Where does that put his gun rights and/or his ability to run for elected office?

Reply to  Doug G.

Right up their with uncle Joe Obiden. Why do you think he wants the border open. So he and hunter have better access and cheaper drugs just like the demontrats have always had. If he controlled Texas he would control a border and then hoard in on the illegal drug trade with the cartels and give them avenues for safe passage and free money and drugs by using his power.

Guns are his distraction to his real goal. Control of the drugs coming in, the money and more drugs for free for him. How about those cookies.

7 months ago

We all know what the results need to be in this trial. Tetejaun has already called you out for who you are. Members of the House has put out the bat call. Trust me we all want the juror do the right thing;)

RoyD
RoyD(@royd)
Reply to  Dee

You are right and that would be, “Total and complete acquittal.”

Reply to  RoyD

This your quote Roy or are you plagiarizing?!?! You didn’t cite your source.

RoyD
RoyD(@royd)
Reply to  Dee

Pay attention now, I hate repeating myself. I guess you haven’t read all the posts to this thread because if you had you would know where that quote came from. But then that might be asking too much from you, mighten it.

Reply to  RoyD

Exactly!! But you know I hate speculating you smart old gizzard!

RoyD
RoyD(@royd)
Reply to  Dee

Now now Will. If you badmouth our token too much he might just leave and not come back. And then who will we have to play with? He is, sort of, our Juan Williams.

loveaduck
loveaduck(@elbee1943)
Reply to  RoyD

Based on what, Roy? Is there another video that disputes the first one? I thought it would be manslaughter, not murder.

RoyD
RoyD(@royd)
Reply to  loveaduck

Something about, “Beyond a reasonable doubt.” Would I have handled the situation like he did? No. But, having been second guessed by those who “weren’t there” and had never been “there” I am willing to give him more leeway than others.

Roland T. Gunner
Roland T. Gunner
Reply to  loveaduck

Actuslly. Yes, havnt you seen the second video? Shows Chauvins knee was actually across the turd’s shoulders, holding him still so he wouldnt hurt himself.

Reply to  Dee

Did the same thing to me a couple days ago. Big balls behind the keyboard. Typical demonrat that cant handle a true debate or logic.

Finnky
Finnky(@finnks)
Reply to  Dee

Hey – glad to see we are in agreement that Maxine Waters has called for more rioting. Can she not be charged for inciting a riot after this gets ugly?

Reply to  Finnky

Maybe…..but this is powder keg in the making. I just think she’s saying “stay ready so we don’t have to get ready.” I don’t think she lead the rally and then incited it. I think she was there for motivation. Trust me. No more motivation needed there. And I’m praying she doesn’t run back into her protected house when the whistle blows like that last weasel in the WH!

Reply to  Dee

The first problem with that paragraph is, “I just think”
Dumb ass.

DEFUND BLM

Reply to  musicman44mag

Well I’m not her so I can’t say with 100% certainty.

-Don’t Tread On Me

Reply to  Dee

Lmao!!! Hey boy you stupid! But did do that tho.

Reply to  Dee

Hey Boy!!!! I thought that was not proper. Oh that’s right, it’s ok if you say or do it. Racist.

Reply to  musicman44mag

Gotcha!! Because you have use the “boy” comment multiple times. So are you a racist? Be a big “boy” and answer that truthfully. Don’t be like these spineless Republicans.

Reply to  Dee

My apologies that’s probably should be directed at Will. My bad Musician if I misquoted you. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Last edited 7 months ago by Dee
Roland T. Gunner
Roland T. Gunner
Reply to  Dee

The “right thing” would hsve been a couple of weeks suspension without pay, for violating department policy; and no charges filed. The officer committed no crime.

7 months ago

Wtf…what about Abbott gun grabbing a$$?? How about D. Patrick lying, cheating, criminal a$$?? How about every Republican state senator in Texas?? All these guys are gun grabbing mofos. And that false flag shooting that occurred yesterday a few miles from where I live proves that. Police killed a white man with a fake gun. Totally bullish!t!! They murdered that dude but they did enough to stop Constitutional Carry in Texas. It won’t pass!! So at this point I don’t give a sh!t who run Texas because these weak ass Trump following Republicans ain’t doing sh!t to help my cause.

RoyD
RoyD(@royd)
Reply to  Dee

“ain’t doing sh!t to help my cause.”

Yes, it is always about you, isn’t it.

Reply to  RoyD

“We got our rights…..”
-white supremacist in Bad Boys movie

Last edited 7 months ago by Dee
Reply to  Dee

Isn’t it that supposedly all of us have the same right except for the upper class masters of all us pleebs? You and myself included? You know you always make things into race and cut down on republicans and President Donald Trump supporters. It was the white republicans that died so your great great great grandfather and mother could be free and have the same rights as the white people. Yet you constantly complain about white republicans. What if the white folk that earned your freedom for you said F it. Lets treat them like they are going to treat… Read more »

Reply to  musicman44mag

There it is. Lol. I luv pulling this sh!t out of you musician. But you do try. And you try hard! Lol. You know keep it up and you will have BLM on your front lawn protesting your racist bullish!t. Lol. You know the “left” are computer geniuses that have a very special set of skills that could find you! Lol

Reply to  Dee

Yep your right and I would be worried but I know you and none of the scum you call bro’s are any of them. Your writing skills show me that you hang with the lowly edumakated and what you believe shows your ignorance. So it would only stand to say you would have to pay for it and I am pretty sure with the way you write your best job was probably at Mc donoads unless you used that black preference points privilege but then you would have to had scored higher on the test to beat me and we… Read more »

Reply to  musicman44mag

LOL….luv being underestimated. But keep it coming. “George Floyd change the world!” Say his name dammit!! This movement is only starting. We won’t stop! We can’t stop! We coming to burn out and destroy every systemic racism in this country. So if you are, you can’t hide! You will lose! Your only hope is to move to a country Trump can’t afford Greenland. Good luck living there!

-Don’t Tread On Me

Last edited 7 months ago by Dee
Roland T. Gunner
Roland T. Gunner
Reply to  Dee

George Floyd was a turd; and I wish to hell we had decided to just pick our own damned cotton.

7 months ago

Did you like how the attorney showed how he complied and talked about how he did everything he was told to do and even thanked the officer. After seeing that I thought, this was a bad cop. Then I got to see the rest of the story that wasn’t shown. Changed my mind. I think his death was an accident but so many people tell the story according to their belief and feelings rather than just the facts mam. It’s hard to believe anyone.

Reply to  musicman44mag

An accident for a knee on the neck of a human being for nearly 10 minutes?!?!

Reply to  Dee

IF the knee on the neck killed him. That is the problem it is unclear if that was it or the drugs along with the battle. I will admit in my opinion when he was down on the ground laying there hand cuffed I do think you could have had his knee in his back or just stood over him until he was combative again. I mean four cops cant control one dude in hand cuffs that is laying on the ground?? Come on man!!!!!

Just comply and you wont die.
DEFUND BLM, ANTIFAGS AND MS13

Reply to  musicman44mag

1 for convict musician. You might not be too bias after all.

Dude was scared sh!tress when the cops rolled up. Train officers kill people when they “fear for their life.” I would think civilians become much more scared under similar circumstances. He DID comply. He resisted but complied.

Btw, stop with the homophobic terms.

Reply to  Dee

You stop saying bad things about Trump supporters and republicans and I will until someone else says something like that. I will direct it to them though not you. Have you got it in you?

Reply to  musicman44mag

I know what you mean. I think the jury will be split and this wont go anywhere and then the blacks will riot, oh I mean have another peaceful protest. Waters has already given the green light just like Obummer did in the past starting all this shit. I don’t think the black children and whites that support them realize that they are not helping their cause by burning and looting they are actually creating more animosity. Martin Luther King would despise what they are doing and would be against it. IMO he did more for black people peacefully then… Read more »

Reply to  musicman44mag

You know that is the question I ponder most and the person I appreciate the most. Who was it that came up with that invention. If I get to meet God when I go that is one of the first questions I am going to ask because I want him/her to know how much I appreciated their thinking and the effect it had on my life. One nice thing, there wont be any it’s there, just him and hers.

Finnky
Finnky(@finnks)
Reply to  musicman44mag

Waters did not give them a green light to riot. She got out a whip and started driving them hoping to start a stampede.

I recognize your efforts to remain polite and respectful of other’s sensibilities – but I think stronger language directed at Waters would be appropriate. 🙂

RoyD
RoyD(@royd)
Reply to  Finnky

So, sort of like a plantation overseer then.

Reply to  musicman44mag

Thanks for the thumbs up. Nice to see some things I say are agreed with. I don’t expect anyone to agree with everything I say because I am independent in thought and some things I say and how I feel are controversial to others. Have a great day.

Grim
Grim(@biker)
Reply to  musicman44mag

OK musicman, just comply when they come for your guns.

Reply to  Grim

Different thing entirely. If I did something wrong and they come for me, I will give up peacefully and might I add it wont be passing fake 20 dollar bills selling out America because I love our country. If they come for my guns and even change the constitution I will fight to the death because I did nothing wrong and no one has any right to take my choice of protection away. In addition, if they do change the second amendment then they have written in stone that this is a tyrannist government against what this country was founded… Read more »

Reply to  Grim

Anyone supporting confiscation of firearms. I really believe it will be the United Nations.

Reply to  musicman44mag

Will are you the same individual that said constitutional carry in Texas would pass?!?! Trust me when I say this, you’re dumber than dumber. I’m sure her driver can run laps around you in the intellectual department. Lol. Keep typing brutha…just get all the hatred out of ya!!

Reply to  Dee

I would be insulted if I felt your existence mattered.

Defund BLDM

Reply to  musicman44mag

Well sorry for the insult my brutha. Don’t take it personally. You are an American so you matter to me regardless. Don’t be butt hurt when Ammoland censor your “culture” here on this site. Remember don’t take it personally.

-Don’t Tread On Me

Finnky
Finnky(@finnks)
Reply to  musicman44mag

Watched a video of a police officer doing a traffic stop. Driver of the stopped vehicle was incredibly polite and compliant.

Until the moment the cop wasn’t looking, the driver pulled out a rifle and killed the officer.

Manners and compliance will only get you so far.

George Floyd may have been compliant initially, but certainly was not when they tried to put him into backseat of the squad car.

7 months ago

Well, it is sad for me to say but I actually like this guy but now he will wind up in the Jim Carrey, Alec Baldwin, Michael Douglas, Jimmy Fallon, Saturday night live and now New Amerstdam trash heap for cramming being gay and every white is a racist down my Fing throat. I will no longer say I like him or his movies, I will speak out against all of them them as I have been doing for years and I will no longer rent or pay 10 bucks to go see at the theater either. One way to… Read more »

Finnky
Finnky(@finnks)
Reply to  musicman44mag

Never appreciated any of his work, though his Cadillac commercials caused me to immediately change the channel or turn off the tube. I would probably never have bought a Caddy – his commercials cemented that to a certainty.

KDad
KDad(@kdad)
7 months ago

The only thing he has is “Star Power”. But that’s often enough to please the shallow head up the ass voters !

DDS
DDS(@dds)
7 months ago

“Aggressively centric?” You mean like Joe, Barak, Hillary, and so many others?

NoneYaBiz
NoneYaBiz(@noneyabiz)
7 months ago

This actor is a communist. He is running to be the first commie Governor of Texas. Texans don’t be swayed. He is a member of the corrupt Hollywood cabal and should not be anywhere near a political office. If he gets elected Texans will be disarmed and the state will turn bright blue!

Reply to  NoneYaBiz

and that is what he and all of his kommiefornina buddies are shooting for.. Pun intended.

Old Ch.E.
Old Ch.E.(@cypressgun)
7 months ago

Simply put: Polls lie and liars poll. These libs are past masters at skewing and rigging polls. The gun grabbers have found another Beto.

Reply to  Old Ch.E.

You would think after the Hitlary election that they would have learned and polls would be dead BUTT!!!!!! Demonrats exist.

Finnky
Finnky(@finnks)
Reply to  Old Ch.E.

Poll probably does not lie. Polling uninformed idiots before they’ve heard anything about his positions, seems likely he’d get chosen. Pretty much every public decision a politician makes pisses off someone – no matter how good anyone with political history will not be perfect to many. Someone unknown is often believed and imagined to be what the viewer wants them to be. Fortunately they did not poll “likely voters” and even the uninformed will be exposed to extensive efforts to expose the candidates positions. Want him to lose – lock him into positions on several issues and make sure those… Read more »

uncle dudley
uncle dudley(@rockhouse)
7 months ago

Actors make millions of dollars using fake guns in their movies yet they think we don’t have a right to own a real one.
Stick to acting and stay out of politics is what these progressives need to be told every time one of them talks about running for a political office.
They have been brainwashed by their fellow actors anti gun talk but not the criminal problem which is behind the murders in our country.
It’s not the gun killing people it’s the guy who pulls the trigger, put the blame where it belongs.

nrringlee
nrringlee(@nrringlee)
7 months ago

So, the question is this. Like in the case of California during the removal of Grey Davis, the question is this: do you want a candidate with bona fides as a conservative who has been loyal to principles while accomplishing real things in both the private and public sectors or, like the voters of California, do you want the same kind of candidate that you would run for Homecoming King or Queen in high school? This is the choice. California had a choice between superb public servants like Tom McClintock and a hack actor with no track record as a… Read more »

Montana454Casull
Montana454Casull(@rld454c)
7 months ago

He is ust another lip flapping idiot that does not have a clue about reality !

ras52
ras52(@ras52)
7 months ago

Mathew is just another typical Hollywood hypocrite!

nrringlee
nrringlee(@nrringlee)
Reply to  ras52

Read his resume. He is an actor. Actors act. Actors read lines. Actors do not take Mount Surabachi, they don’t defend Khe Sahn, they don’t do a Pickets Charge. They don’t lead real political parties in real political crises. They act. They read lines.

Clamper24
Clamper24(@clamper24)
Reply to  nrringlee

This can be true of McConaughey, but many Actors joined WW2 as true Americans and other Actors of today are not like the McConaughey’s type and support America.

Reply to  Clamper24

Or Cashes Clay.

Reply to  Clamper24

I think the numbers are backwards today then what we saw from yester years. Today more actors are against war and guns unless they are getting paid to play their fake wars in the movies and the biggest percentage are cowards and would buy their way out of duty if we had a draft.

Hell, they would say they are needed to make movies, clips and advertisements for a current war and are essential personnel so they cant be taken. It worked with covid.

Mac
Mac(@michaelmccormavk9)
Reply to  nrringlee

They play make believe and get to thinking it is real and that they are somehow smart. Sad that any citizen with half a brain would pay them any attention.

ras52
ras52(@ras52)
Reply to  nrringlee

10 4 to that

Duane
Duane(@duane)
7 months ago

One of those I am all for the 2nd amendment BUT!! types.

Jonesy
Jonesy(@61deacon64)
Reply to  Duane

Yeah, Shorten that to: I’m a Butt Monkey !

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy(@reen-mtn-boy)
Reply to  Jonesy

Make that I’m a Communist Butt Monkey.

Reply to  Green Mtn. Boy

That was better yet.

nrringlee
nrringlee(@nrringlee)
Reply to  Duane

Fudds. This but monkey has been hanging around too many Hollyweird Butt Monkeys.

Nun Ya
Nun Ya(@nun-ya)
7 months ago

Mathew McConagay sux. I used to like his movies but he got all political and now I can’t stand him or his bullshit movies. He and Matt Damon can go blow each other and probly do. I am sorry for disrespecting gay people in this way. Happy Patriots Day everyone! The shot heard round the world happened, a bunch of years ago, on this day!

tetejaun
tetejaun(@tetejaun)
7 months ago

I find it truly amazing that NOT ONE OF YOU limps, in ANY column here, mentioned that TODAY was April 19, Patriot’s Day. On April 19, 1775, “the shot heard ’round the world” was fired in Concord, MA. The government agents, the Redcoats, came to Concord to seize the citizen’s arms and ammunition. The Patriots SHOT them. Admit it, most everyone on this blog will crawl over their neighbors to be the first to turn in your arms when government agents come for them. In 1971, On April 19, I walked that Minuteman Trail from Lexington to Concord. The fact… Read more »

Montana454Casull
Montana454Casull(@rld454c)
Reply to  tetejaun

We respect our History but we have current issues that are more pressing like covid and Joe’s gun grabbing administration. You turn yours in since you think it’s the right course of action . My neighbors and I will still have ours as we will do what is necessary to defend our rights . You think you have everyone figured out in America ? Good luck with that cookie cutter tetejaun.

Jonesy
Jonesy(@61deacon64)
7 months ago

I thought it was the 18th of April 1775. Memory is a little shy, though I do believe it was a precursor for the “Red Flag” laws being pushed today.

nrringlee
nrringlee(@nrringlee)
7 months ago

Focus on the task at hand. Refer to history when it clearly guides in the current context but focus on the mission and tasks at hand. Focus. Specificity. Accountability. That is how we defend liberty. Folks will try to distract you from your mission focus with the irrelevant and the trite. Focus. Focus to the point where you don’t hear the incoming. Semper Fi

hippybiker
hippybiker(@hippy-biker)
Reply to  tetejaun

Actually, sir. The first shot was fired in Lexington! The Redcoats went on to Concord where the6 failed to seize the arms and ammunition! I retrospect. It is a little known fact that all the way from Boston these fine examples of British Soldiers looted and pillage homes all along the way!

JSNMGC
JSNMGC(@jsnmgc)
Reply to  hippybiker

tetejaun was wrong, but he was bombastically wrong (again).

Let’s not forget who those redcoats were – paid government employees who were following orders.

Last edited 7 months ago by JSNMGC
Reply to  hippybiker

This is all part of your non programming. Have you noticed on your phone that it has mothers day marked, fathers day, first day of black history month, valentines day, presidents day, cinco di mayo, first day of Hispanic history month and even May, 17th the new tax day this year. Notice that Patriots Day is not marked on your calendar? There is a reason why.

When you forget history, you make the same mistakes that were made before. My phone is proof that they want to erase our history. Verizon, Android.

GomeznSA
GomeznSA(@gomeznsa)
Reply to  hippybiker

hippy – you brought up a VERY important point regarding how the gummint officials (mis)behaved in their retreat. I wonder how many innocents were murdered during that retreat and how much personal property was destroyed or looted by them as well. We do know that at least one ‘objected’ VERY strongly to their actions – Samuel Whittemore – and look how they treated him.
IMHO far too many people ‘conveniently’ forget those little excesses perpetrated in the name of ‘security’.

Grim
Grim(@biker)
Reply to  tetejaun

More correctly, it is 4/20! Roll a fatty while you tidy up your bunker.