GORE OPTIFADE Concealment Supports U.S. Military Hunters
Announces Partnership with Freedom Hunters, “Hunt with Heroes” Contest, Event at Fort Campbell.
Newark, DE –-(Ammoland.com)- W.L. Gore & Associates, a leading manufacturer of advanced technology products including the GORE-TEX brand, today announced new initiatives to support United States military personnel who are dedicated hunters, including a partnership with the non-profit organization Freedom Hunters, a nationwide “Hunt with Heroes” contest and the OPTIFADE Basic Training event at Fort Campbell Kentucky.
“We are pleased to honor the thousands of active duty military members and veterans who are avid athlete-hunters,” commented David Dillon, Hunting Category Leader at Gore. “The men and women of our military benefit from the comfort and protection of Gore technologies while in the line of duty. We also want to encourage and support their personal endeavors, and give those who hunt the best chance of success in the field.”
GORE OPTIFADE Concealment is the first-ever visual concealment pattern based on animal vision. One of the experts who worked with Gore to create the pattern is retired Army Lt. Col Timothy O’Neill. Known as the “father of digital camouflage,” O’Neill invented the first digital concealment pattern for the U.S. military and has created patterns for many of the world’s armed forces.
Supporting Freedom Hunters and the “Hunt with Heroes” Contest
As part of its initiatives to honor U.S. troops, W.L. Gore & Associates will provide financial support to Freedom Hunters, a program of the non-profit American Military Family, Inc. that takes active duty and wounded combat veterans on hunting excursions to relax and recuperate. Every purchase of gear featuring GORE OPTIFADE Concealment between now and December 31, 2010, will help to sponsor hunts for U.S. troops.
“We are thrilled to welcome GORE OPTIFADE Concealment as a Freedom Hunters sponsor,” commented Anthony Pace, President of Freedom Hunters.
“Gore shares our commitment to preserving outdoor traditions and our hunting heritage, and honors the values we uphold, including respect, sacrifice and freedom, service to country, loyalty and patriotism. Their support will enable us to increase awareness of our mission, and serve more of our deserving military members.”
GORE OPTIFADE Concealment and its partners Sitka, Cabela’s and Freedom Hunters invite active duty military, combat veterans and civilian hunters to enter the “Hunt with Heroes” contest. Two winners – one service member and one civilian – will win an all-expenses paid big game hunt, on which they will be joined by one of Gore’s accomplished OPTIFADE Athletes. In addition, OPTIFADE retailer Cabela’s will provide each winner with a $500 gift certificate to prepare for the hunt. Hunters can enter to win the Hunt with Heroes contest at www.optifade.com/freedomhunters.
GORE OPTIFADE Basic Training Event at Fort Campbell
- On Saturday, October 2, 2010 from 10:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., W.L. Gore and Associates will present OPTIFADE Basic Training in Fort Campbell, Kentucky. The event, which is open to both military and civilian hunters, will feature:
- Sitka gear in GORE OPTIFADE Concealment Open Country and Forest patterns
- BowTech bows in GORE OPTIFADE Concealment Open Country and Forest patterns
- G5 sights and rests
- Field Logic targets
- Gold Tip arrows
- Danner footwear with GORE-TEX® Extended Comfort Technology
- Try-on and testing of the most advanced hunting gear, including:Meet and greet with Warren Strickland, one of the nation’s top bow hunters. A cardiologist, Warren has honed his hunting skills through years of dedication and hard work, and has taken many North American and African species. He is recognized as an authority on “Wilderness Medicine and Outdoor Survival,” frequently writing and lecturing on the subject.
- Q&A with Lt. Col Tim O’Neill, US Army Ret., the inventor of digital camouflage for the U.S. military and one of the experts responsible for the development of GORE OPTIFADE Concealment
- The Gore “Know What’s Inside” mobile tour – a traveling road show that lets visitors experience the technologies inside GORE-TEX® and WINDSTOPPER® products, including first-hand product testing in the extreme weather chamber
- Food, beverage, entertainment and giveaway items
OPTIFADE Basic Training will take place at the Eagle’s Rest Pavilion, one of the Destiny Parks & Pavilions of the MWR Outdoor Recreation Office at Fort Campbell. There is no charge for event admission. Sponsorship does not imply Army endorsement. Visit: www.optifade.com
About W.L. Gore & Associates (www.gore-tex.com)
Gore is a leading manufacturer of thousands of advanced technology products for the electronics, fabrics, industrial and medical markets. Perhaps best known for its waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® fabric, the company’s portfolio features a diverse array of innovations, including everything from guitar strings to life-saving cardiovascular devices. Gore is headquartered in Newark, Del., posts annual sales of $2.6 billion, and employs 9,000 associates in 30 countries worldwide. It is one of a select few companies to appear on all of the U.S. “100 Best Companies to Work For” lists since the rankings were introduced in 1984. Visit www.gore.com to learn more.
GORE, GORE-TEX, OPTIFADE and designs are trademarks of W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.© 2010 W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc., 295 Blue Ball Rd., Elkton, Maryland, 800-431-GORE, gore-tex.com.