Covington, VA -(Ammoland.com)- VCDL sued Katie Couric and other responsible parties for the film “Under the Gun” for defamation in Federal District Court in Richmond, Virginia!
As you have probably heard and has been widely reported in the media, the “documentary” contains manipulated footage that makes it look like we were stumped by a question on background checks, when in reality, we immediately began responding. I’m attaching a press release about the lawsuit, and answering some questions you may have about it below.
Q: Why did the VCDL file this lawsuit?
· It’s the only way to hold Couric and her people accountable.
· Couric has publicly admitted that the film was misleading and misrepresented the VCDL, but the filmmakers refuse to fix it or to stop promoting and distributing it.
Q: What does the VCDL hope to accomplish with the lawsuit?
· Hold the filmmakers accountable for misleading audiences and misrepresenting us.
· Compensate the VCDL and the VCDL members who were harmed by the film.
· Set the record straight.
· Advance our mission to defend your right to defend yourself.
Q: How is the VCDL paying for the lawsuit?
· Member contributions.
· Please consider making a contribution to help hold Couric accountable and to help the VCDL defend your right to defend yourself. Unfortunately, filing such a lawsuit is expensive, but we simply cannot let this manipulation and intentional misrepresentation stand!
Q: Where can I get more information?
· To compare the manipulated video footage and the unedited audio recording, and learn more about the case, click here:
To read the actual complaint that was filed this morning, click here:
To contribute to VCDL, please click here:
About Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL):
Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.
For more information, visit: www.vcdl.org.