USA -(Ammoland.com)- Please bring these with you for IGOLD 2017:
1. Bring an umbrella or your packable raincoat, slicker or poncho. Unfortunately, rain is predicted.
2. Please come to IGOLD knowing who your state representative and state senator are. Their current Springfield office info will be in the IGOLD packet that you will receive.
Rather than overwhelm the help desk at the State Capitol, in past years IGOLD volunteers at the convention center were tasked with helping attendees find their legislators, with big maps and charts.
Now with smartphones, the technology needed to find elected officials is within nearly everyone's hand. Your fellow IGOLD attendees are helpful, don't hesitate to ask the person next to you, or one of the IGOLD hosts to help you find your legislators.
Finding your legislators: Use the web app at the Illinois State Board of Elections.
The phone-friendly version is available here.
You don't have to remember that web address in order to help someone, just do an internet search for “find Illinois legislators” or similar to find it. The home address is entered into the app.
Hint: don't use your PO Box, The results will show your elected officials, just look for your state senator and state representative.
Here is the schedule for IGOLD 2017:
- 10:30 am: Doors open at Prairie Capital Convention Center. Please take a packet as you enter
- 11:30 am: Please be seated
- 11:45 am: Legislative briefing begins. IGOLD speakers, important legislation, tips on visiting your legislators.
- 1:00 pm: Assemble for the March to the Capitol. A shuttle bus will be available for those who cannot make the 3/4 mile march.
- 1:30 pm: Enter the Capitol using all available entrances. Deliver lobby cards to your legislators, Governor, Speaker of the House, President of the Senate.
- 3:30 pm: Rally in the Capitol Rotunda.
- 4:00 pm: Depart from the Capitol. The shuttle bus will be available for those needing a ride back to the area near the Prairie Capital Convention Center.
Check out ISRA's website! Tell us what you think!