Michigan State Rep. Abdullah Hammoud Would Ban Guns Everywhere

Michigan State Rep. Abdullah Hammoud would ban guns everywhere.
Michigan State Rep. Abdullah Hammoud would ban guns everywhere.
Michigan Open Carry
Michigan Open Carry

Michigan – -(Ammoland.com)- State Rep. Abdullah Hammoud (D-Dearborn) has introduced legislation to outright ban guns in a large list of far reaching places, including any establishment licensed to sell liquor. His bill, HB 4560, if passed as introduced, would make it nearly impossible for average citizens to carry a gun lawfully in their everyday lives.

The problem is, besides the obvious, he thinks that his bill only bans guns in police stations according to his press release. [is he that dumb?]

This freshman rep just fell into the same knee jerk pitfall as many anti-gun legislators preceding him have. He wrote a bill that doesn't do what he thinks it does because he doesn't know or understand the topic he's trying to legislate.

This is what happens when you don't know what you're doing and you can't be bothered to take the time to figure it out.

While the bill is certainly DOA, it wouldn't hurt for you to still contact your state rep and let them know that people like us lawfully and safely carry firearms into these places, including police stations, every day without issue. Perhaps also remind them that the guys that caused this bill are now facing a total of 3 felony and 3 misdemeanor charges.

If you need help finding your rep, use the following link: http://www.house.mi.gov/mhrpublic/

If you are not sure what to say, consider something like the following:

“Hello, my name is __________.

I'm contacting you today to make sure my representative opposes Rep. Abdullah Hammoud's draconian gun ban bill HB 4560. Rep. Hammoud's bill does far more than he claims as it would severely restrict the rights of law abiding people to carry a firearm for their own self-defense in their everyday lives.

Rep. Hammoud's bill goes far beyond what he claims by removing a longstanding common sense exemption for CPL holders to a large list of restricted places that includes the premises of any establishment licensed to sell alcohol, including the parking lot. For example, most grocery stores and gas stations fall into this list.

Rep. Hammoud claims that his legislation is only a response to two men that walked into a Dearborn police station, but those men are already facing a total of 3 felonies and 3 misdemeanors punishable by over 15 years in prison.

People, like myself, lawfully and safely carry firearms for self-defense in these places, including police stations, every day without incident. It is reprehensible to think that someone would want to punish 600,000 plus Michigan CPL holders for the actions of 2 non-CPL holders.

Thank you for your time and opposition to this ill-conceaved legislation.”

Tom Lambert
President
Legislative Director
Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
[email protected]

Michigan Open Carry, Inc is a Not-For-Profit organization that depends on our dues paying members to continue our operation. We are an all-volunteer organization. As such, no one is paid a salary and very few of the personal expenses of our officers are reimbursed. Won't you consider joining us or renewing as a dues paying member today? If you need technical help with the process, please email [email protected]

www.miopencarry.org

UPDATE From Rep Michigan State Rep. Abdullah Hammoud: 5/5/2017

“I want to thank Michigan Open Carry, Inc for bringing the concern regarding HB 4560 to my attention. During the drafting process, a few lines were inadvertently struck from the bill, and this deviated from my intent. The legislative process is fluid and incremental, with the majority of bills being revised at some point along the way. I have discussed and rectified the issue, the correct version of the language, as a substitute, is pictured below (this is the page where the change was made). This is the corrected version for which I will be advocating.

I have been clear from the start that my intention is to protect our police officers from the irresponsible handling of firearms, similar to what occurred in the city of Dearborn a few months ago (http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2017/02/06/dearborn-police-station-gun-rifle/97544076/) . The corrected version does not change any current laws in relation to CPLs. I respect the integrity of the Second Amendment and appreciate the feedback I received today. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further recommendations.”

Attached you will also find a picture of the amendment, and a copy of the corrected bill.

I spoke with Tom Lambert, specifically, and identified where the error was. Please feel free to share with your members.

Abdullah Hammoud

Michigan Bill HB 4560 by AmmoLand Shooting Sports News on Scribd

KUETSA
KUETSA

There is no mistake here – present the light, vague, gloss-over-the-far-reaching-ramifications version – if you get it forced through – EVERYONE SUFFERS THE CONSEQUENCES – THE INTENT OF THE PROGRESSIVES AND THE ISLAMISTS IS TO DISARM AMERICAN CITIZENS (And make them quite vulnerable)

Jacob
Jacob

Weird my reps name is Yousef Rabhi.

Bob Shell
Bob Shell

What about the stupid a** voters who put him in office. These morons enable this crap to go on. Here we have a Muslim who wants to ban guns to an extent I wonder how he feels about terrorists that actually do bad things as opposed to law abiding Americans who just want to defend their families against people like him. I bet he has nothing bad to say about Isis or other terrorists. Here again it is the a**holes who vote for anti_ Americans such as this jacka**.

hijinx60
hijinx60
Reply to  Bob Shell

He is from Dearborn, aka Islamburg, therefore the voters are mostly ignorant.

idadho
idadho

He’s just trying to protect the suicide bombers from being stopped by an armed citizen.
I’m surprised he has not included fertilizer store as a prohibited location. But, I guess, suicide bombers do not use ANFO very often. Too much work for their lazy arses.

Tionico
Tionico

Let’s see now.. name is Abdullah Hammoud. Hails from Dearborn, with a name like that. Right out of the gate he’s floating a bill to disarm his fellow Michganders……. which he MUST despise to do this to them It would be intereseing to learn whch “church” (raed: mosque” he is part of… and learn some of their idealogy. THIS is precisely what was threatened and predicted by some of the moslem poohbahs some years ago… we will overtake you from within. Read America Alone, Jeff Steyn, if memory serves… he also predicted this nearly twenty years ago. They invade as… Read more »

justtryit
justtryit

At least, when you graduate from Michigan State, you can recognize “fertilizer” when you see, or smell it!

Andy Buckmichael
Andy Buckmichael
Reply to  justtryit

Michigan graduates are lucky to recognize themselves in a mirror.

Sam
Sam

Goes to show, nothing more ignorant then a democrap. That’s why they have a jacka** for a mascot.

Mark Are
Mark Are

Dear Abdullah Hammoud… be sure to add to the list of banned guns those that are carried by the folks that protect you. Your personal body guards or security officers need to be unarmed also. That way you can see what it is like to be a VICTIM of gun control when some gangster robs your stupid ass and all you can do is whine about the fact that he had a GUN! LOL! Murder is illegal and yet it happens. Seems to me that you legislature need to go home and get a real job. WE DON’T REALLY NEED… Read more »

Albert
Albert

Did I hear an ‘Allah Akbar’??

Janek
Janek
Reply to  Albert

I heard an “Allah Snack Bar?”

idadho
idadho
Reply to  Janek

I heard a call to a coffee break. “All of you, snack bar !”

Herb
Herb

hey go shoot yourself in the foot . That’s what your doing to the American peoples rights . Do something good . Keep your mouth shut and leave people to do there best protecting there families . Read the 1A AND 2A than go to bed and think about it .

freewill
freewill

certainly he wants to ban our means of self defense, he doesnt want terrorists to be stopped..

Herb
Herb

“he thinks that his bill only bans guns in police stations according to his press release. [is he that dumb?]” Could be that dumb. He wouldn’t be the first nor will he be the last. Think democrat; think socialist; think progressive; think liar, cheat and traitor. And then don’t vote for any of them.

Terence Colligan
Terence Colligan

An armed populace will not willingly board cattle cars.

Dave
Dave

Any of these elected people who do not live up to their oath of office should be ousted. Stand by the Constitution or step down.

Reply to  Dave

I am pro 2nd Amendment but the last few SCOTUS votes have been 5 to 4. That means not all read it the same way. Conservatives need to stop shouting and learn to educate the public better.

DAN III
DAN III

Time to ban moslems.

Reply to  DAN III

Going to rewrite the Constitution?

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  Larry Brickey

Nope. but what the moslems stend for and promote is antithetical and directlyopposed to the Constitution.

This clown swore an oath to uphold and defend that Constitution and all contained in it, yet right out of the gate he is floating a bill in his legislature that would pose multiple harsh infringments uooon our RIGHT TO ARMS as guaranteed and protected in that document he swore to uphold.
That sort of conduct is perjury.. the searing to DO something then wilfully refusing/failing to do so.

Reply to  Tionico

, Yes, but there is no penalty for violating his oath, nor a penalty for his kind of perjury. This needs to be remedied.

Reply to  Tionico

You paint with a wide brush. I suspect you don’t know any Muslims very well at all.

idadho
idadho
Reply to  Larry Brickey

Many Muslims are just stooges for the powers that be that are in reality, a political entity hiding in the invented religion of a mad man. Muslims in the US are just establishing a beachhead so the true Muslims can come and claim it. They claimed Dearborn and are claiming many other cities and towns with the help of the Obama administration DOJ.

Reply to  Larry Brickey

It does sound like Gil writes! I wonder…

Reply to  Larry Brickey

Brickey, there is nothing in the Constitution that gives people, outside the US, the right to enter the US. The equal protection clause of the 14th amendment does not attach until a person is within the jurisdiction of the US.

Reply to  Wild Bill

Where does it talk about that? I must have missed it.

Reply to  Larry Brickey

B, the Constitution need not list with specificity what all is not contemplated. There is nothing in the Constitution that gives people beyond the jurisdiction of the United States our Constitutional rights. For example: The United States Constitution does not give the citizens of The United Kingdom the civil right to keep and bear arms.

Reply to  Larry Brickey

, You have heard of a visa? A visa is permission from a government to allow a noncitizen into their country. A visa requires an application in advance.

Reply to  Wild Bill

Wild Bill, the article does not mention anything about foreigners. The man is a citizen, like it or not. I disagree with him, by the way.

Reply to  Larry Brickey

, I guess that our discussion did go beyond the article, but you asked about the Constitution and I was merely obliging you with an answer. Many apologies.

Reply to  Larry Brickey

No, I’m all by myself. I guess anyone who might disagree with you is guilty of sedition.

Reply to  Larry Brickey

B, sedition is criticism of the government. Sedition is not… disagreement with Wild Bill.

Richard Irvin
Richard Irvin
Reply to  DAN III

Amen to that

Pistol Pete
Pistol Pete

Its time to ban all anti gun fools and brain dead liberals

Andy Buckmichael
Andy Buckmichael

He must be a “graduate” of the University of Michigan. At least they have Michigan State where a person can get a real education.

Richard Irvin
Richard Irvin

it is not the school he went to it is the cult (religion) he follows

Reply to  Richard Irvin

And what religion is that?

Jim Macklin
Jim Macklin
Reply to  Larry Brickey

Democrat-Socialist.

I just read the bill, it seems to nullify the Michigan carry license. I haven’t visited Michigan in decades, nut this seems to be intended to prevent all lawful carry and self-defense.

I do hope it is DOA.

The Rifleman
The Rifleman

Thanks for the heads up about this guy. I’ll be sure to tell all of my friends about this guy, and will be sure to keep this in mind when it comes time to vote! Although I’m not a CPL holder, I find what this guy wants to do absolutely ridiculous, and a violation to the rights of law abiding citizens of the U.S.A.

James Bunyon
James Bunyon

Abdullah Hammoud Why do I not find this action by him unusual?

joe
joe
Reply to  James Bunyon

They will infiltrate every institution, every part of government that they can. We can but won’t stop them.