Ruger Reintroduces the Hawkeye Alaskan Rifle

Ruger 2019 Hawkeye Alaskan Rifle
Ruger 2019 Hawkeye Alaskan Rifle

USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) is proud to reintroduce the Hawkeye® Alaskan rifle chambered in three calibers: .375 Ruger, .338 Winchester Magnum, and .300 Winchester Magnum.

Based on the popular Ruger Guide Gun platform, this stainless steel rifle, paired with a Hogue® OverMolded® stock, provides the avid shooter or hunter with the ultimate rugged and hard-hitting rifle.

The rifle’s black Hogue OverMolded synthetic stock is a unique feature to the Alaskan configuration of Hawkeye rifles.

Hogue’s patented OverMolding process provides the ultimate comfortable, non-slip, cobblestone texture that is soft, yet durable. The state-of-the-art elastomer material used on Hogue stocks will not harden with age and is virtually impervious to all oils and solvents used with firearms, providing years of dependable service. The stock also comes equipped with standard sling swivel studs and a highly effective recoil pad.

The Hawkeye Alaskan weighs eight pounds and has an overall length of 42 inches, a matte stainless finish and a windage-adjustable shallow V-notch rear sight and large white bead front sight. The rifle also features the iconic Ruger Muzzle Brake System that includes a removable, radial-port muzzle brake to significantly reduce felt recoil.

The Hawkeye Alaskan rifle features the smooth and crisp LC6 trigger, three-position safety, and integral scope mounts for included scope rings. The hinged solid-steel floorplate bears the distinctive Ruger logo and provides easy unloading while eliminating accidental dumping of cartridges. Like all Hawkeye rifles, these Alaskan models also feature a non-rotating, Mauser-type controlled round feed extractor.

Ruger 2019 Hawkeye Alaskan Rifle Side
Ruger 2019 Hawkeye Alaskan Rifle Side

Ruger FirearmsSturm, Ruger & Company

For more information on the Hawkeye Alaskan or to learn more about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger firearms, visit Ruger.com or Facebook.com/Ruger. To find accessories for the Hawkeye and other Ruger firearms, visit ShopRuger.com or your local independent retailer of Ruger firearms.

Van akins. By
Van akins. By

Trying to find a 41mag..deer rifle to coexist with. My 41 mg pistol? Who makes one?..?..
Does the mod El 96 roger come in 41 mag

Craig Sellier
Craig Sellier
Reply to  Van akins. By

Henry Firearms makes a fine lever action 41 magnum rifle

Paul Brown
Paul Brown

Seems people fuss about the looks of this rifle but rifles of this type are not about looks. The muzzle brake/compensator is about limiting the hammering you get from the available “high energy” calibers and making it easier to do follow-up shots. In ALASKA, and some other northern states that have BIG bears , that’s the kind of rifle you may need in order to stay off of the “food chain” list. What is that old saying….. PRETTY IS, AS PRETTY DOES

Chaya chege
Chaya chege

Can these type of rifles like ruger 22-10, cz455, cz452 etc. Be shipped to India ???
Answer please

Robert "Red Hawk " Hrobak
Robert "Red Hawk " Hrobak

I am happy with every ruger I own especially the 10-22 TACTICAL I Tricked out.scope,light laser,had triger work done too. HERE’S THE BUT..NO OPEN SIGHTS A HALF MILE OF PICATTINY RAIL THOUGH…I HAVE SPENT CLOSE TO $150.00 On after market sites and they all are horrible
HELP! DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A QUALITY FRONT AND REAR SITE FOR THE 10-22 Tactical THAT MAKE A GOOD MATCH…SAFE SHOOTING AND GOD BLESS ALL OF THE RUGER FAMILY OF GUN OWNERS. Red Hawk

Snowman
Snowman

Magpul flip up metal Pro sights, not the plastic ones. I love them on my AR15….

M Lazzeri
M Lazzeri

Hey. I use this “Ace In The Hole Set” for my Ruger 10-22, TD, Tactical Model 11115: https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/sight-sets/ruger-10-22-fiber-optic-ace-in-the-hole-sight-set-rod-sku962000110-78455-164566.aspx

It allows me to choose to use the peep sight, or mount a scope. Incredibly easy to install too.

I hope this helps?

M

Dwayne
Dwayne

I have the Ruger 22 Charger Pistol that come without any sights on it just the rail to put a scope on and I just want a sight to be able to shoot with and the pistol is on a bipod and just wondering what would be the best sight to get for target and hunting purposes!!

Jerald K
Jerald K

I have 1 Just 1 Q . I buy a Ruger 10/22 take down and choose to spend another 800.00 on it to make it Mine ? Why would Ruger just do one right from the get go ?. And at least give folks like us an option ? WHY….

Robert
Robert
Reply to  Jerald K

Because they are like Harley Davidson, do as little as possible to make the rabid fans happy. All these years and the bolt on a 10/22 still closes on the last shot. Pitiful.

willy d
willy d

At least Ruger put open sights on this one, I’m tired of calling manufactures that all they make is to put a scope on their guns, I’m not into shooting long range, I don’t shoot to end up walking a mile for something that I shot!!!!!! This is the main reason that when I go looking for a rifle I look at some thing that has open sights on it and I don’t have to worry about a scope that might get damaged and can’t be replaced in the field, without open sights your hunt is done if you don’t… Read more »

Jimbo
Jimbo

Nothing takes out a frog like a .458 Win Mag.

Dwight
Dwight
Reply to  Jimbo

THAT’S FUNNY AS HELL!!!!

Red Hawk
Red Hawk
Reply to  Dwight

As for the 458 cal, I watched a man at the range BREAK his wrist on 1 shot!!!! Man I love frog legs as much as everyone else does. I will stick with my stick bow and gig….LOL.GOOD ONE BROTHER…

Robert
Robert
Reply to  Jimbo

And what do you have against the French?

Jim Pook
Jim Pook
Reply to  Jimbo

You’ve obviously never shot a groundhog with a .340 Weatherby Magnum at 50 yards…

Jim Pook
Jim Pook
Reply to  Jimbo

Just remembered another one…

After a day of shooting up a mountain, we were driving back down the logging road when my friend told me to stop the truck.
I stopped, he jumps out, Gov. .45ACP in hand. I’m looking, but I can’t find what prompted the stop. He’s aiming at something I can’t see.
BOOM!
He runs out in front of the truck and picks something up, and comes back.
He opens the passenger door, jumps in and is proudly holding up the tail and hind legs of a field mouse!

Dave Thompson
Dave Thompson

Silly safety …. No scope rail = long term resident of gunshops

AJ
AJ
Reply to  Dave Thompson

Why do you need a rail when it has integral scope mounts?

Robert
Robert
Reply to  AJ

Tacticool marketing nonsense. But don’t blame them. They’re a business and they saw a need and addressed it. The market screams out for nonsense and they respond. They would be fools not to give the public what it wants.

kerry purcell
kerry purcell

the 338 lapua is about the same as a 340 weatherby,,,,,,nothing new there,, 338 win is the best 338 hunting round,,,,,

Ken Bower
Ken Bower
Reply to  kerry purcell

Agree on .338 as the best hunting round out there.

Josephterry
Josephterry
Reply to  kerry purcell

I would say the M77 mark ii in 300 super mag blows that 338 out of the water

Kent Gardner
Kent Gardner

Can ruger no longer make an aesthetically beautiful rifle? The muzzle brake makes it look like a cobbled together mess.

James Brigham (Bigg) Bunyon
James Brigham (Bigg) Bunyon
Reply to  Kent Gardner

I agree, but I didn’t realize that until I read your comment.

Chris Allen
Chris Allen

Would like to know the price in a 338 lapua

Brandon Frost
Brandon Frost

I think you meant to write .338 LAPUA mag and not Winchester mag after .338. Not sure if I want this or a Ruger RPR

Bruce m
Bruce m
Reply to  Brandon Frost

Nope! He meant Win Mag.

Bartlett
Bartlett
Reply to  Brandon Frost

No. Just no. 338 win mag is a hunting round, 338 is a light anti materiel round

Mark Diro
Mark Diro
Reply to  Bartlett

Deer is a type of material

Frank
Frank
Reply to  Brandon Frost

The rpr is going to be twice the weight of the Alaskan. Something to consider.

Rock
Rock

Glad the price was included…. NOT !

Walter Suita
Walter Suita

Anything Ruger and Alaskan in the same sentence means good quality.

John Abraham