Gun Grabbers Lose In Caldwell, Win In Boise. Is Boise Gone?

Opinion

Evangeline Beechler is the Idaho Democrat Party Chair
Evangeline Beechler is the Idaho Democrat Party Chair, Image Facebook

Idaho – -(AmmoLand.com)- It was a wild election night in Caldwell and Boise, Idaho this week.

Gun owners turned out in droves in one race and stunned political pundits.

The Caldwell race was of particular concern to gun owners as the head of the Idaho Democrat Party attempted to hide her identity and win a local election. Her plan failed when gun owners exposed her as a radical leftist who supported every major gun control politician and candidate alive.

It was a race that many did not know how it would turn out.

Runoff elections generally have an even lower turnout than a general city election.

Wednesday night however there were actually more voters in the Caldwell runoff race than the general election race last month.

Gun owners turned out in bigger numbers than political pundits expected last night in Caldwell and defeated gun control advocate Evangeline Beechler 61% to 39%!

In Boise, the story was much different. Challenger Lauren McLean defeated incumbent Mayor Dave Bieter is a landslide victory 66% to 34%.

McLean is as far-left as you can possibly get. She is a major supporter of Bloomberg's Moms Demand Action and was endorsed by Planned Parenthood.

Is this the beginning of the end for Boise? Is Boise well on its way to becoming the next Seattle or Portland, and giving up any chance that it can maintain a strong pro-2nd Amendment voting base?

There is no question that Idaho is changing very rapidly.

Voters who care about freedom, and more importantly their 2nd Amendment rights, had better start getting involved in all elections in Idaho. Idaho's population continues to explode and there is no telling what that means for our gun rights in the future.

Some want to blame all the Californians moving to Idaho, but we know firsthand that many are fleeing California and other west coast states to enjoy the freedoms here.

Sure, some anti-gun voters are moving here and there is nothing we can do about that.

We can, however, do a much better job of encouraging our native Idaho voting base to do a much better job of getting involved in these elections. Pro-2nd Amendment voters moving here from other states will tell you that voter apathy was their downfall.

Idaho is too great of a state to let radical gun-grabbers overrun us. We implore to you become more involved with defending your gun rights.

If you have not already,sign up as a member of the Idaho Second Amendment Alliance today!

Better yet, become one of our Liberty Members ($10 or more a month) and show the gun grabbers mobilizing in Idaho that our numbers are far greater than theirs! You can become a Liberty Member by clicking on the link here!

We are proud of the hard work and dedication that gun owners showed last night in the Caldwell race.

For now, Caldwell has one less radical gun-grabber that will not be on their city council.

Are you paying attention to your local races? If not, you better start!

Thank you all again for your amazing dedication to the pro-2nd Amendment fight here in Idaho.

For Freedom,

Greg Pruett
President
Idaho Second Amendment Alliance

Idaho Second Amendment AllianceAbout Idaho Second Amendment Alliance:

Idaho Second Amendment Alliance is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms through an aggressive grassroots program designed to mobilize public opposition to the anti-gun legislation.
Our website can be located at www.idahosaa.org.

jfrich
jfrich
7 months ago

As the Constitution is the Ultimate Law of the Land, and every Single one of these Anti-Gun Laws Directly Violate It They should be Ignored! 100 million+ Gun Owners if United can put a stop to this nonsense one way or the other!

Liberleftistenemy
Liberleftistenemy
7 months ago

Come and take it! civil war? Lets do this! Please! Dont let these political leftards get one foot in the door with their delusional ideas of violating the rights of Idahoans who pack safe n proud, hunters abound, sport shooters, collectors, and the right to defend their families and homes. These politicians live in a fantasy land of absolute ridiculous nonsense, stripping this country of any and all morals and the most important being God. Why does everyone get shot in murderfornia? hmmm, strict gun laws and the disarming of its law abiding people? free reign for criminals who are… Read more »

Vince Warde
Vince Warde
7 months ago

OK, I am a conservative refugee from the People’s Republic of Kalifornia. I have LOTS of friends who have moved here ALL of them are very conservative by any standard. However, rather than argue about how Californians are changing Idaho government for the worse – let’s do something to stop it. I propose that we amend the Idaho Constitution so that, in order for any bill to be passed, at least one lawmaker from every county must vote for it. By no means an original, but it is a very good one IMHO. Not a majority in each county –… Read more »

Circle8
Circle8
7 months ago

My family has been in Idaho for over 170 years. We have seen the changes brought by these BLEEDING HEART LIBERALS who are escaping their current state laws. They are bringing their anti AMERICAN laws and attitudes with them. 30-40 years ago it was common knowledge that after 1 or 2 winters they would leave and go back to the toilet they left. Winters have not been that bad lately and I pray the winters of old return and chase these scumbags back to where ever they left. Get the hell out of the state because we do not want… Read more »

Vince Warde
Vince Warde
Reply to  Circle8

This conservative California refugee came here to escape those laws and I will fight with all I have to protect Idaho from the failed ideas that have ruined CA. Lots of my friends have moved here too – they are all just as conservative as I am. I was here for our last hard winter, and it could be twice as bad and I would even consider consider leaving a free state like Idaho!

American Patriot
American Patriot
7 months ago

It is a disease that is replicating itself over & over. The only way to stop it is to destroy it!

tetejaun
tetejaun
7 months ago

When I got my first FFL back in 1987, the Idaho State law on owning guns was “No free man shall be debarred the use of arms”. One simple sentence by Jefferson, I think. By the end of the rapist Bill Clinton’s sex in the Oval Office circus, Idaho’s gun laws had become three full pages, thanks to Californians moving to Idaho. So, where were all the loyal American gun owners in Idaho? Well, THEY were busy working while the Governor, Democrat Cecil Andrus, was busy obeying the California communist democrats and making Idaho into a democrat and illegal alien… Read more »

Vince Warde
Vince Warde
Reply to  tetejaun

I’m a CA refugee and I say AMEN BROTHER!

MS-Steve
MS-Steve
7 months ago

As John Cleese once shouted to challenger Evangeline Beechler of Idaho from a castle wall:
” I FAA-RRT in your general dii-rrection ! “

tetejaun
tetejaun
Reply to  MS-Steve

“..and if you remain, I will do it a second time!”

Ej harbet
Ej harbet
7 months ago

Always figured idaho to be a good place for a may-october house if i had that kinda money.when that happens ill do my civic duty and vote freedom first! Of course ill head south quickly after casting those ballots,lol

ShooterOne
ShooterOne
7 months ago

I am a long time Idaho resident, Boise resident and I can’t believe it has gone so far left and liberal. I am going to join the Idaho Second Amendment Alliance just as soon as I finish this reply. I am also going to invite all my friends to join as well.

Ryben Flynn
Ryben Flynn
7 months ago

The California gun-grabbers are fleeing the State due to high taxes they can no longer afford and take their Leftist politics with them. The already ruined Oregon and Washington and Nevada, they’re working on Colorado and even Arizona and Texas.

Hankus
Hankus
Reply to  Ryben Flynn

True. Time to take a stance. Let Californians know that they are not welcome. Don’t hire them, don’t sell to them. Get tough or enjoy your stupid CA-style laws.

Vince Warde
Vince Warde
Reply to  Ryben Flynn

I moved here from Kommiefornia, as have 4 households of friends and family. Two more households will be here soon. All of these people are VERY conservative by any standard. I am already a member of the Idaho 2A Alliance. I cannot speak for everyone who has moved here, but I can speak for myself and my household. Here is where I stand, not one step back.

esquire
esquire
7 months ago

Once they take your rights away you can’t get them back. simple

Ej harbet
Ej harbet
Reply to  esquire

Once they take your rights you cant get them back, without bloodshed! Fify

CourageousLion
CourageousLion
Reply to  esquire

UNALIENABLE rights can’t be taken away. They can only be infringed on if the person allows it. I say shoot them if they try.

JPM
JPM
7 months ago

Boise is the largest city in Idaho and has a university (BSU). Just like almost every other state in the nation, the largest cities control the votes for U.S. Congress and Senate and usually Governor, which is where the problems begin. Local elections in smaller communities and counties are more responsive to the residents and reflect the community standards, but are often overshadowed by the “big cities” as there is no Electoral College system in the states to level the playing field across the state at that level.

Arny
Arny
Reply to  JPM

I agree with you totally. And if anyone wants the truth just look at PA elections for 2016. Just study the numbers.

Vince Warde
Vince Warde
Reply to  JPM

Absolutely – check out my solution posed above.

ColdeadHands75
ColdeadHands75
7 months ago

Gun owners and 2A advocates need to get off their butts and get out and VOTE!! This is the only way we can defeat the leftist agenda to disarm America! TRUMP 2020!! KAG!!

joefoam
joefoam
7 months ago

This should serve as a call to action for gun owners to keep their rights. You cannot become complacent anywhere in the country. You must get out and vote.

tetejaun
tetejaun
7 months ago

When the California multi-millionaires ran away from California, they went to Idaho, Boise in particular. Boise was touted as the BEST place to live at that time. Boise is now Los Angeles. It has vehicle emissions checks (Boise never had smog), teaching the glory of being gay in schools, the hatred of America, losers sitting on streets begging for “spare change, man?” and the defiling our country with their illegal alien invader sanctuary. All the reasons they left California, they re-created in Idaho, and especially Boise. NO Californian should be allowed to leave the crap-laden, urine-smelling communist craphole that is… Read more »

Rufus
Rufus
Reply to  tetejaun

Like cockroaches

Quatermain
Quatermain
7 months ago

A California “Conservative” often votes like an Idaho Liberal from what I have seen. So, yes, I think we can lay a lot of this at the feet of Californians. Boise has a flaming blue heart to it due in large part to BSU.