Nevada – -(AmmoLand.com)- Patriots,
Bernie Sanders surged ahead in recent weeks in the race for the Democrat’s nomination for president, and, while NVFAC PAC is a state PAC and we don’t get involved in the federal election, as the Nevada Democratic Caucus approaches, we want to share with you where candidates stand on firearms and your 2nd Amendment rights. These will be the people setting the tone for the anti-firearms policies we will be opposing in this election and the next legislative session.
Bernie Sanders Vows to: (directly from his website)
Take on the NRA and its corrupting effect on Washington.
- Expand background checks.
- End the gun show loophole. All gun purchases should be subject to the same background check standards.
- Ban the sale and distribution of assault weapons. Assault weapons are designed and sold as tools of war. There is absolutely no reason why these firearms should be sold to civilians.
- Prohibit high-capacity ammunition magazines.
- Implement a buyback program to get assault weapons off the streets.
- Regulate assault weapons [meaning your common AR15] in the same way that we currently regulate fully automatic weapons — a system that essentially makes them unlawful to own. [emphasis added]
- Support “red flag” laws and legislation to ensure we keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers and stalkers
- Ban the 3-D printing of firearms and bump stocks
We face an epidemic of gun violence in this country. A significant majority of Americans want commonsense gun reform. But the NRA, now a full-fledged, right-wing political organization, spends millions on TV and internet ads attacking candidates who dare to stand up for what voters want. We must:
Take on the NRA and its corrupting effect on Washington. The NRA has become a partisan lobbying public-relations entity for gun manufacturers, and its influence must be stopped.
Expand background checks.
End the gun show loophole. All gun purchases should be subject to the same background check standards.
Ban the sale and distribution of assault weapons. Assault weapons are designed and sold as tools of war. There is absolutely no reason why these firearms should be sold to civilians.
Prohibit high-capacity ammunition magazines.Crack down on “straw purchases” where people buy guns for criminals.
Our opponents are pushing just as hard for gun control measurer’s just like Bernie’s here in Nevada, and we need your help to stand against these attacks on your rights. Click here to join the Caliber Club to pledge a monthly donation or click here to make a one-time donation to help us continue to oppose these efforts in Nevada.
Thank you for your continued support of NVFAC PAC.
Don Turner, President
Nevada Firearms Coalition PAC
Nevada Firearms Coalition PAC
The Nevada Firearms Coalition-PAC was created as the political arm of the Nevada Firearms Coalition. Our mission is to support responsible, pro-gun policies and likeminded political candidates, and we will oppose all efforts to infringe on our 2nd Amendment Rights and candidates who support increased gun control. www.nvfacpac.org