Arizona Sen. McSally to Firearm Industry: ‘you Want Me on That Wall’

AZ Senator McSally NSSF
Arizona Senator McSally to gun industry, “You want me on that wall!” IMG NSSF

U.S.A. -(AmmoLand.com)- Arizona Republican U.S. Sen. Martha McSally spent two terms in the U.S. House of Representatives before being appointed to the upper chamber last year. Prior to serving in Congress, Sen. McSally spent 26 years in the U.S. Air Force including flying A-10 Thunderbolt IIs in Operation Southern Watch over Iraq. The senator was the first female U.S. fighter pilot to fly in combat and the first woman to command a fighter squadron.

Speaking with dozens of members of the firearm and ammunition industry for an NSSF Political Action Committee virtual town hall, Sen. McSally got right to the point when asked by NSSF’s Larry Keane what the Second Amendment means to her.

“I’ve put my life on the line for the Second Amendment,” she said.

Citizens’ Self Defense

Sen. McSally joined the NSSF PAC virtual town hall event as firearm sales continue at record levels. This includes millions of first-time buyers and accounts for growing numbers of women and minority gun owners. NSSF’s Keane pointed to the overlapping concerning circumstances of the coronavirus pandemic, shuttered businesses and now the rioting and looting. McSally agreed, adding, “I really believe people are just becoming more mindful of their safety.”

Banking Discrimination, COVID Business Protections

Sen. McSally joined the town hall after leaving the Senate floor where debate wrapped up on the Great American Outdoors Act, which later passed in widespread bipartisan agreement. An avid outdoors enthusiast on top of her firearm qualifications, Sen. McSally tweeted after final GAOA passage –

“NEWS: Our historic legislation to restore Arizona’s crown jewel national parks, improve access to our public lands, & reinvigorate our outdoor recreation economy just passed the Senate. This is a huge win for AZ and all of us who love the outdoors.”

Keane asked about firearm industry priorities that might be included in a future COVID-19 pandemic relief package. Sen. McSally discussed the importance of Senate action to prohibit financial institutions and software processing companies from enacting discriminatory actions against lawfully operating businesses. Lastly, she voiced her strong support for additional funding to help with the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) backlog due to elevated firearm purchases, as well as the inclusion of liability protections for business owners as they work to safely bring employees back into stores and reopen the economy through the summer.

Arizona Senate Race

Sen. McSally’s race appears to be ground zero for which party has control of the Senate. She reminded town hall participants of her strong legislative record, hardworking team, and cautioned, “Don’t believe the polls now. We’re in a strong position.”

Keane and Sen. McSally discussed her opponent Mark Kelly, the husband of former U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords and gun control’s number one ally this campaign cycle. Outside groups like billionaire Michael Bloomberg’s Everytown for Gun Safety and others are pouring millions of dollars into Arizona to help Kelly, who so far remains largely undefined and in hiding.

Sen. McSally wrapped up the town hall by recalling the successes of the Senate and President Donald Trump in placing more than 200 pro-Second Amendment federal judges on the bench, including two on the Supreme Court, reinforcing just how important it is for industry-supporting Senators to remain in office.

As the November elections draw near, NSSF will continue updating the online voter education resource #GUNVOTE to make sure industry members and Second Amendment voters are educated heading into the polls so they don’t risk your rights.

National Shooting Sports FoundationAbout The National Shooting Sports Foundation

The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 10,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen's organizations and publishers. www.nssf.org

Bones4442
Bones4442
1 month ago

For this race (and I would argue for ALL the primaries this year) there are two rules. #1: The “Buckley Rule” – [In a primary election] “the wisest choice would be the one who would win. No sense running Mona Lisa in a beauty contest. I’d be for the most [conservative], viable candidate who could win.” I believe Martha falls into this category. She may not check every box on a rockrib conservative’s checklist, but I think she can win. #2: The “Limbaugh Rule” – “In an election year when voters are fed up with liberalism, you vote for the… Read more »

Larry
Larry
Reply to  Bones4442

So, did you like McCain? Because #1 is exactly how you get more McCain. (Which is actually pretty apt for Buckley.)

Last edited 1 month ago by Larry
Mood O
Mood O
1 month ago

There is a primary in AZ on August 4th and a very good choice to replace McSalley will be Daniel McCarthy. I have been following his blogs and comments and attending the rally’s about all this “pandemic” etc. BS and he would be a strong voice against this FEAR tactic being foisted upon the “sheeple” in this country…

BrainMatters
BrainMatters
1 month ago

Perhaps the focus should be to remove the sources of funding these groups, and I am not talking about the actual money. Surely it is obvious there supports of such innocently named organization is the very definition of Domestic Terrorism. Earth where only governments have weapons is simply a celestial concentration camp.

Bill
Bill
1 month ago

How sure is everyone that she is not a clown playing a role until she is elected and then reveals the real person she is? I swear, I do not trust any of these PsOS.I dont give a damn what theyve done in the PAST or what they say. Human beings are the most vile, deceptive creatures on the face of this planet and I’m having a hard time trusting any of them.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  Bill

, She has two terms in the U.S. House of Reps and is now a U.S. Senator. I suppose that you could go by that. Personally, it is good enough for me that she was an A-10 driver. I love A-10 drivers guarding me from above, ready to come to my and my men’s rescue if the attack plan turns to shit. God bless every A-10 driver, ever.
I commanded a Bn. She commanded a fighter wing! She has to be smarter than me!

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
Reply to  Wild Bill

All that would have me right there with you but then out of her mouth apparently comes the word Bi-Partisan and I’m overcome with that stench called Susan Collins.

BobD
BobD
Reply to  Bill

Wow, what a nasty old curmudgeon. Take some prozac and go back to bed, you most vile, deceptive creatures on the face of this planet (your words).

Buster
Buster
1 month ago

I made the mistake of giving the McSally campaign my email address sometime back. Since then I’ve been barraged by every R politician in the US. When I block someone, they come back with a slightly different sender name.

Note to politicians: I will not be nagged. Nagging me will not accomplish your goal, and is in-fact counterproductive.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  Buster

, It is their computers. Your note about not being nagged should be to their computers.

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
Reply to  Buster

Block the sender domain, not each individual email address.

Boxer dog
Boxer dog
1 month ago

Mark Kelly is going to win. And it’s all Martha McSally’s fault. She lost to Kirsten Sinema, a radical lefty, was somehow appointed to John McCains seat, she doesn’t care about us in Arizona, and to prove it, she goes o. A book campaign instead of going on her real campaign to get elected. (Notice it isn’t re-elected as she was never elected to the Senate) her publicist booked her on a morning talk radio show in Tucson, she cancelled the day prior saying “I would prefer not to talk to Garret.” I have seen 2 little signs for her… Read more »

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  Boxer dog

@Boxer, So you would prefer two libtards from the democrat party. News flash: they not only don’t care about you, but also democrat party hacks work actively to diminish your Constitutional Rights.

Boxer dog
Boxer dog
Reply to  Wild Bill

I never said that. I’ll vote for whoever is best for Arizona, which still needs to be decided in the primary. But I’d prefer that the Senator go on a campaign tour and talk to her constituents instead of going to other states trying to sell her pathetic book. It’s about time she “grow a pair of ovaries”, and face the people she is supposed to be representing, instead of running away.

Larry
Larry
Reply to  Wild Bill

I’ve received two comms from McSally in the past couple of weeks. Both of them were gushes about how proud she is to be named one of the top bipartisan members of the Senate, and how closely she works with her fellow “Prada socialist” Sen. Synema on lots of pothole projects, none of which actually help Arizona conservatives, and none of which are important to address the civil war in our future. As far as I’m concerned, I already effectively have two libtards from the democrat party. “I used to shoot big projectiles when I was in the service” doesn’t… Read more »

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
Reply to  Larry

Bi_Partisan means compromise with Dems. Like my RINO senator Susan Collins.

Quatermain
Quatermain
1 month ago

Obviously NOT on the southern border wall, yesterday she came out for amnesty for the so called dreamers. Real principled “conservative’ there… be careful with her, Arizona, we still haven’t forgiven you for McCain.

JPM
JPM
Reply to  Quatermain

McCain and Flake were both major RINOs and along with Sinema were big mistakes for Arizona. They make us ashamed to be represented by these POS here in Arizona. Sometimes, there are no good choices.

Larry
Larry
Reply to  JPM

If there are no good choices, it’s because Arizona’s GOP wants to ensure you don’t get the choices you want. Think about that.

JPM
JPM
Reply to  Larry

Agreed, bottom line is the Democrats and Republicans are nothing more than two sides of the same rotten coin.

nrringlee
nrringlee
1 month ago

Her opponent, Mark “Giffords” Kelly promises to be the best and most loyal senator Michael Bloomberg’s money can buy, for Michael Bloomberg. He will spend his spare time cashing in with his Communist Chinese buddies. That is the clear choice. Martha’s favorite gun is her 30mm cannon. Marks favorite gun is any gun in YOUR gun safe.

linkman
linkman
1 month ago

McSally needs every supporter to spread the word and get out and vote this November. Pray for her too. Every senate position is incredibly valuable. Mark Kelly is one of the leaders of Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

JIAZ
JIAZ

Mike Bloomberg’s Gun-Control Group To Spend $5M On Arizona Campaigns
Associated Press

“A gun-control advocacy group co-founded by Mike Bloomberg announced Tuesday it will spend at least $5 million on Arizona political campaigns this year.
Everytown for Gun Safety said the money will support Joe Biden’s presidential campaign, Mark Kelly’s Senate bid and candidates running in five legislative districts.”