Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc to Acquire Marlin Firearms Assets

Ruger Marlin IMG Jim Grant
Ruger is set to purchase Marlin Firearm Assets. IMG Jim Grant

U.S.A. -(AmmoLand.com)- Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) announced today that its offer to purchase substantially all of the Marlin Firearms assets was accepted by Remington Outdoor Company, Inc. and approved by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama. The Company will pay the $30 million purchase price from cash on hand at the time of closing, which is expected to occur in October.

“The value of Marlin and its 150-year legacy was too great of an opportunity for us to pass up,” said Ruger President and CEO Chris Killoy. “The brand aligns perfectly with ours and the Marlin product portfolio will help us widen our already diverse product offerings.”

The transaction is exclusively for the Marlin Firearms assets. Remington firearms, ammunition, other Remington Outdoor brands, and all facilities and real estate are excluded from the Ruger purchase. Once the purchase is completed, the Company will begin the process of relocating the Marlin Firearms assets to existing Ruger manufacturing facilities.

“The important thing for consumers, retailers, and distributors to know at this point in time,” continued Killoy, “is that the Marlin brand and its great products will live on. Long Live the Lever Gun.”

Additional information will be released when available. To stay up to date, please sign up for our contact list at Ruger.com/Marlin.

About Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.Ruger Firearms

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. With products made in America, Ruger offers consumers almost 700 variations of more than 40 product lines. For 70 years, Ruger has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. Our motto, “Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens” echoes our commitment to these principles as we work hard to deliver quality and innovative firearms.

Dragonfly
Dragonfly
17 days ago

My first centerfire deer rifle as a Marlin 336 in 30-30. My mother bought it for me when I was either a sophomore or junior in high school. I know it hurts, but she was working in a store called the “Trading Post,” and the retail price was like $72-$75. I shot my first 2 deer with it. The second one was in my senior year in HS. A nice 10 point. The rifle was stolen from our house along with the rest of my family guns a year later when I was away in college. (:<(.

Denzo
Denzo
18 days ago

Thank You Ruger !! for keeping the Marlin lever action alive along with the long history of Marlin for all of us !!

pigpen51
pigpen51
18 days ago

Michael Bane TV had a great podcast this week, talking about Remington and the other company that have bid on their existing product lines. It is well worth the time to listen to it. It sounds like most of the lines will continue, and the companies that bought
them are going to be able to do a good job with QC and pricing. There are still unknowns but they will be known when they have the deal finalized.
Really, go and listen to the podcast. It is always good, but this time, also very informative.

Last edited 18 days ago by pigpen51
Ram
Ram
18 days ago

When Remington acquired Marlin, quality really took a hit.
Some people on YouTube were justifiably upset. There was
an offering as to why the situation arose. But there can be no
explanation as to why faulty product got to the consumer.
It seemed that rather than improving manufacturing and inspection,
Remington’s business plan was to add more lawyers to the staff.
This is not meant to demean the updated lever action line, which
deserves the attention of the buying public. I can envision the
Ruger casting process, moving an old friend into a far distant
future.

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy
18 days ago
Reply to  Ram

“It seemed that rather than improving manufacturing and inspection, Remington’s business plan was to add more lawyers to the staff.” I have a close friend who was tasked with taking a look at the Marlin lever production line at the point when Remington got it set up and running in Illion. He didn’t hold out much hope for the rifles that Remington would produce with the very worn tooling. The first Vice President wasn’t willing to make the investment into what it would to make correct Marlins,so they became famous for their Remlins and the trash they were. You are… Read more »

JayWPB
JayWPB
18 days ago

Now if Ruger can bring back H&R, I’ll be happy.

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy
18 days ago
Reply to  JayWPB

H&R was acquired by JJE Capital, better known as Palmetto State Armory.

PSA indicates they’re using H&R to make Garands.

Some guy
Some guy
18 days ago

I’ve wanted a full length lever gun, preferably in 38-55 for years, but the horror stories of recent Marlin quality have kept my money in my pocket. Hope this changes that. If Ruger can bring back the quality of my 50 year old 35 Remington carbine, I’m in.

Just1Saddletramp
Just1Saddletramp
18 days ago

Thought I had all the Marlins I would ever need but once Ruger puts Marlin back into production I will have to get another one.

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy
19 days ago

Great news for Marlin lever lovers,if Ruger can’t produce a decent Marlin rifle no one can.

Rock