Ammunition Shortage Discussion on “It’s Federal Season” Podcast

Ammunition Shortage Discussion on “It’s Federal Season” Podcast
Ammunition Shortage Discussion on “It’s Federal Season” Podcast

U.S.A.-(AmmoLand.com)- On this episode of the “It’s Federal Season” podcast, Federal Ammunition’s President Jason Vanderbrink discusses the topic of so-called ammunition shortages. The episode is focused on answering the frequently asked questions from consumers about the unprecedented demand for ammunition and what Federal and its sister brands are doing to meet consumer needs.

Episode #18 “Ammunition Shortages”

“I’ve addressed this topic in a series of videos, but I understand that enthusiasts consume media on different platforms,” said Vanderbrink. “This is a discussion that I hope podcast users find informative regarding the current ammunition situation.” Vanderbrink also discusses the pressures on components, including primers, in this short but insightful podcast.

For this episode, besides listening on your favorite podcast platform, you can also subscribe to Federal Ammunition’s YouTube channel and tune in for the discussion: https://youtu.be/2-O5ml6j0q4.

About Federal Ammunition

Federal Ammunition can be found at dealers nationwide or purchased online direct from Federal. For more information on all products from Federal or to shop online, visit www.federalpremium.com.

Laddyboy
Laddyboy
9 months ago

Here is my situation. I went to my local gun store. The shelves ARE 99.9% EMPTY. The owner’s statement was: ” I CANNOT get any ammo or guns in!!!! This is the FOURTH VISIT! IF he had ammo, I would have bought a box, as long as the cost is not OUTRAGIOUS. The price of $1+ per round for 9mm IS REDICULOUS!!!

Reply to  Laddyboy

You can’t find ammo for sale at lower prices.

Ammo is for sale at higher prices.

Why do you think that is?

Finnky
Finnky
Reply to  JSNMGC

Ooh I’ll take a guess. That’s the price where people are willing to sell, and other people are willing to buy.
To an economist it is where supply and demand curves intersect.
To most of us it is “market price”, also known as “fair price”.
It is a long ways from point where I’d be willing to start parting with my “horde”. If someone were to offer me $10k/1000 I’d part it’s a box or two of 9mm FMJ. So if prices continue to rise, additional supplies will be available.

Reply to  Finnky

Crazy stuff, huh?

I’ll post an update in the FBI thread if you would like to continue a rational discussion of what is going on. It is unlikely that there is going to be a massive increase in supply. I also have some info to address fireball4’s question below.

Last edited 9 months ago by JSNMGC
Dogma Factor
Dogma Factor
9 months ago

At about the 4 minute mark. “We have shipped more dollars worth of ammunition”, note not rounds not boxes not cases of ammo but dollars worth! So my question is who’s doing the gouging?

A year ago a box of 9mm 115gr FMJ was about $10.00 now its selling about $50.00 or more.

Reply to  Dogma Factor

You’re too smart for them – you figured it out. The ASP from the manufacturer is up and they are finally able to use all that excess capacity that was semi-idle after Trump was elected, and their decision? Not to increase production. You’re so proud of your conclusion, you emphasized it with an exclamation point. How many people bought a handgun and a 50 round box of ammo 25 years ago, shot half the box and then put the firearm and ammo in their sock drawer were it has remained ever since? That person bought an average of 2 rounds… Read more »

Last edited 9 months ago by JSNMGC
Stag
Stag
Reply to  JSNMGC

The jig is up!

Reply to  Stag

They are wallowing in their ignorance, absolutely delighted to declare to the world that they know nothing and are completely immune from any knowledge permeating their skulls.

Arny
Arny
9 months ago

I have been giving my money to Russia. Seeing how that’s all that seems to hit the market with cheaper prices. They don’t seem to have a issue with achieving materials. Let’s make the rest of the world great. Build back better after they destroy everything. lol

Finnky
Finnky
Reply to  Arny

From podcast – brass for cases is in short supply. Most Russian ammo uses steel cases and bi-metallic jackets. Thus Russian ammo is less sensitive to commodity prices for brass and copper. Makes sense their prices wouldn’t change as much. That said, been seeing Wolff 9mm priced well over 0.50 approaching $1 – aka not at all cheap.

fireball4
fireball4
9 months ago

So, how does the 5-year contract, with the govt., play into all of this?

Reply to  fireball4

How many of you are there?

Grigori
Grigori
9 months ago

I hope Mr Vanderbrink is reading this comment section. Sir, I may come across as hateful, but that is not my intent so I do apologize in advance if such is the case. I am just frustrated. I have two serious questions I would like to ask and hopefully get answered. 1) This is not unique to your company but standard across the industry, sad to say. Why do you belittle your civilian/citizen customers by mostly selling handgun ammo to them in crummy twenty round boxes that cost as much or more as the fifty round boxes of the same… Read more »

Last edited 9 months ago by Grigori

Q predicted this!

Finally, an ammo company tells the truth!

Because the US corporation is bankrupt and London is controlling the Chinese and Biden is not in D.C. (no one is there!!!), the ammo companies cut back on manufacturing so the Chinese can use the scarce lead supply for their own manufacturing. What ammo is being made in the U.S. is being put on trucks that drive around and around and finally deliver it to the U.S. government!!!!
Just kidding – the scarcity/price of ammo is just due to a bunch of boring business stuff.

Stag
Stag
Reply to  JSNMGC

I see the Qs have come to bestow on you their thumbs down. The fact that you would question what is clearly a vast government conspiracy to keep you from getting ammo just proves the MSM’s mind control tactics have worked on you. Either that or you’re a Chinese deep-state operative.

Reply to  Stag

There are some very interesting sub-groups of firearm owners. Within the subject of ammo alone, we have: QAnon followers Sovereign Citizens Ammo conspiracy theorists Ammo entitlement victims Democrats/Socialists/Communists Freedom-loving capitalists I’m not sure exactly how, and to what extent, the first five groups overlap, but it is fascinating how people will disregard fact, after fact and stick to their belief based on absolutely nothing other than they can’t find their favorite brand of ammo for the price they deem to be fair (and in the quantities they want to buy). There were seven different theories in the great ammo conspiracy… Read more »

Last edited 9 months ago by JSNMGC