BELLEVUE, WA – -(Ammoland.com)- Updated information on anti-Second Amendment bills in the 2013 Colorado Legislature:
We can expect 14 to 20 anti-gun bills. The current Democrat package includes:
- A ban on an undetermined number of semi-automatic firearms (No grandfather clause)
- A ban on magazines of over ten rounds (No grandfather clause).
- Making an individual with a violent misdemeanor a “prohibited person” re: gun ownership.
- A ban on private sales by requiring universal background checks.
- A waiting period on background checks that will kill gun shows.
- Rollback of concealed carry on college campuses.
- More strict enforcement of gun confiscation related to restraining orders
- Wider use of mental health treatment information for gun control purposes
Published reports indicate that rabid, anti-gun, millionaire, New York City Mayor Bloomberg is sending a well funded team to Colorado to push gun control.
What can you do?
- Contribute to the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and help stop the assault on our rights.
- Contact your State Senator and State Representative twice a month, starting now, to express opposition to any anti- Second Amendment legislation. Be polite, but firm. If you have a lame duck senator or representative, call both the old one and the new one.
- Contact the Governor once a month.
- Write letters to newspapers opposing gun control.
- Write posts to websites opposing gun control.
- Warn your gun owning friends about the impending disaster to the Second Amendment in Colorado.
- Educate open-minded people on the evils of gun control.
- Prepare to help with lawsuits to stop any anti-gun bills that pass the legislature.
Plan time to come to the Capitol and possibly testify against gun Control. We will give you times, places and information on testimony preparation and presentation. We will need thousands of people at the Capitol to stop any of the above legislation.
If you want to write to any of the elected state officials, use:
200 East Colfax
Denver, CO 80203-1784
Governor Hickenlooper can be reached at 303-866-2471
Toll free #s: House: 800-811-7647 Senate: 888-473-8136
State Web Site: http://www.state.co.us The bills are on line!
With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is one of the nation’s premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States. The Citizens Committee can be reached by phone at (425) 454-4911, on the Internet at www.ccrkba.org or by email to InformationRequest@ccrkba.org .