Paso Robles, CA - -(Ammoland.com)- Weatherby announces the creation of Team Weatherby, a group of six celebrities who will act as spokesmen for the legendary firearms company.
SHOT Show attendees are invited to meet them at the Weatherby booth (#12729) Tuesday and Wednesday, January 15 and 16, from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Team Weatherby members include stars from a variety of fields including rodeo, baseball, football, mixed martial arts, country music and bull riding.
“Weatherby has always recognized the importance of celebrity spokespeople and I’m confident Team Weatherby members will serve as excellent role models for Weatherby fans of all ages and hunting and shooting interests,” said Ed Weatherby, company president and CEO.
While Team Weatherby crosses over multiple professions and demographics, they share a common bond as dedicated sportsmen, conservationists and Weatherby enthusiasts. Each member of the team was chosen because of his impressive professional track record and solid reputation.
Leupold & Stevens and Kryptek Outdoor Group are co-sponsors of the team.
Team Weatherby members include:
- Willie Bloomquist – This Major League Baseball player has proven himself to be a versatile asset on the field by starting at every position aside from pitcher and catcher. Currently with the Arizona Diamondbacks, Bloomquist has also played for the Cincinnati Reds, Kansas City Royals and the Seattle Mariners.
- Luke Branquinho – A four-time Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) World Champion Steer Wrestler, Branquinho spends roughly 285 days per year traveling around the United States and Canada chasing gold buckle dreams. For him, competing in rodeos is truly a passion that has been passed down from generation to generation.
- Brendon Clark – This Australian star is a nine-time qualifier for the Professional Bull Riders (PBR) World Finals. In addition to being one of Australia’s top-rated riders on the PBR World Tour, Clark has an international event named after him in Newcastle, Australia: the Brendon Clark Invitational.
- Chad Mendes – Currently ranked as the No. 3 featherweight in the world, this Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter has many career highlights in Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) events with a current record of 13-1. Chad began wrestling at the age of five and earned a scholarship to Cal Poly where he was a two-time PAC-10 Champ and a two-time Division 1 NCAA All-American.
- Bear Pascoe – As a starting tight end for the NFL’s New York Giants, Pascoe spends most of his time focused on the game. But when he’s not playing football, Pascoe enjoys team roping, a talent instilled in him from a successful ranching and rodeo lifestyle.
- Darryl Worley – Worley is a country music artist who has released seven albums in his career, with three Number One hits including “I Miss My Friend,” “Have You Forgotten,” and “Awful, Beautiful Life,” and a Gold Album for “Have You Forgotten.”
For more information about Team Weatherby, check out www.TeamWeatherby.com when it goes LIVE on January 15 2013.
Founded in 1945, Weatherby, Inc.’s line features the new Weatherby X products as well as the popular Vanguard Series 2 and legendary Mark V® rifles (production and custom), Threat Response shotguns and rifles, semi-auto and pump shotguns, premium ammunition and security/shooting accessories. For more information, visit www.weatherby.com. The company is based in Paso Robles, Calif., and invites all hunters and shooters to visit and join its free online community at www.weatherbynation.com.