Missoula, MT –-(Ammoland.com)- A Missoulian story about aspirant for the Democrat nomination for U.S. Senate (to replace withdrawn Walsh), Amanda Curtis of Butte, has her portraying herself as a supporter of the Second Amendment.
The article says, “Curtis said she’s a strong supporter of the Second Amendment of the Constitution and that she and her husband own firearms.”
That’s not what her record says, not by a long shot.
Montana Shooting Sports Association tracked 24 gun-related votes cast by Curtis in the Montana House last session. Curtis voted anti-gun on 23 of 24 opportunities. For that, she scored a miserable 2.6%. A 59% score would have earned her an “F” on gun issues. She is well below F-, if there is such a thing.
- NO on a bill to encourage manufacturers to move to Montana and create new jobs if those manufacturers make firearms (HR5).
- NO on two bills to protect hunters’ hearing by allowing sound reduction for hunting (HB205 & HB27).
- NO on a bill to prohibit the university system from suspending the Montana Constitution (HB240).
- NO on a bill to allow investigators working for public defenders to carry firearms for self defense (SB133).
- NO on a bill to exempt from criminal “disorderly conduct” charges a hunter who fires a shot at a deer or elk (even the Governor disagreed with her on this bill) (HB446).
- NO on a bill to allow people located inside city limits the same ability for self defense as those outside city limits (HB304).
- NO on a bill to allow a person eating at a restaurant that serves beer to provide for his or her self defense (HB358).
- NO to medical privacy for gun owners (even the Governor disagreed with her on this bill) (HB459).
- NO to preventing newspapers from publishing the private information about people who have been issued a concealed weapon permit by the local sheriff (the Governor disagreed with her on this bill too) (SB145).
Curtis is virulently anti-gun. Her claim to support the right to keep and bear arms sounds like the beginning of another Walsh thesis.Gary Marbut, President
Montana Shooting Sports Association
Author, Gun Laws of Montana
About Montana Shooting Sports Association:MSSA is the primary political advocate for Montana gun owners. Visit: www.mtssa.org