Washington, DC –-(Ammoland.com)- And to ultimately keep a strident anti-gunner out of the U.S. Senate
Most states won’t have an election this year. And so you might be tempted to ignore an alert that talks about an election in another state.
But what’s happening in Virginia next month could definitely impact your gun rights WHERE YOU LIVE.
You see, governors in the Old Dominion are term limited to ONE TERM — and that means that most Virginia governors in recent years have ended up in the U.S. Senate after serving as the chief executive for four years.
And that’s why what happens in the Virginia Governor’s race next month should concern you. It should concern you enough to consider helping Ken Cuccinelli win his race for governor.
You must realize that whoever wins this race will, one day, either be voting to protect your gun rights –– and voting AGAINST Harry Reid as Senate Majority Leader –– or he will be opposing your gun rights at every turn.
There couldn’t be a more stark difference between the two choices in this November’s governor race.
Ken Cuccinelli is the current Attorney General in Virginia. He has served in the state legislature and has developed a long history of fighting for our gun rights.
But Ken is opposed by Democrat Terry McAuliffe — the former chairman of the Democratic National Committee … the former co-chairman of President Bill Clinton's 1996 re-election campaign … and the former chairman of Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign.
McAuliffe is a liberal’s liberal. He is a far-Left gun-grabber who will be disastrous for this country if he is elevated to higher office.
Consider the differences between these two men. Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli has worked for his entire career as a pro-gun activist!
Among his many pro-gun accomplishments, Cuccinelli:
- Helped get legislation passed to keep Virginia concealed carry records private and out of the hands of pesky newspaper reporters (HB 2144, 2009).
- Filed an amicus brief before the Supreme Court in favor of the plaintiff in the Woollard v. Gallagher — fighting the statists in Maryland who want law-abiding gun owners to show a “good and substantial reason” to exercise their rights (2013).
- Informed churches in the state (using his authority as the Attorney General) and told them they must follow the law and stop denying people their right to carry concealed (2011).
- Fought to get the restriction on guns in bars and restaurants repealed, while serving as both a state senator and Attorney General (2009-2010).
- And finally, as a state senator, he voted for legislation which banned localities from fingerprinting concealed carry applicants (SB 58, 2006). Plus, he led the fight against another bill that would have put onerous laws on gun shows, banning private sales of firearms at gun shows if they didn’t first go through a background check (SB 807, 2005).
But at every point — where Cuccinelli will fight for our gun rights — Terry McAuliffe is there opposing us.
Amongst his many problematic views, McAuliffe:
- Wants to ban the private sales of firearms unless gun owners first go through a government background registration check.
- Wants to shut down Internet “mail order” sales of firearms (and presumably, the advertisements for those firearms as well).
- Wants to ban semi-automatic firearms he mistakenly calls “assault weapons.”
- Wants to impose magazine size limits.
- Wants to impose a one-gun-a-month limitation on every gun owner, and much more.
McAuliffe has even sought support (and money!) from anti-gun mogel Michael Bloomberg, the founder of Mayors Against Illegal Guns. Yes, the same Michael Bloomberg who wants the whole nation to have gun laws just like New York.
And despite the ouster of two liberal anti-gunners in the Colorado recall effort last month, McAuliffe said he wants to impose Colorado-style gun control upon the people of this country.
This is not a politician you EVER want to see in the U.S. Senate — certainly not one representing the state of Virginia.
After all, can’t you just hear the MSNBC talking points now: “The conservative state of Virginia has just elected liberal Terry McAuliffe — a choice which sends a message to legislators across the country that the American people want more gun control.”
The time to end this is now … and to keep Terry McAuliffe from getting elected to any office above dog catcher in this country.
Look, you probably don’t have an election to play in this year. So please consider helping Ken Cuccinelli defeat an aggressive, progressive anti-gun liberal who wants to impose his anti-gun views on the rest of the nation.
GOA has proudly endorsed Ken Cuccinelli for governor. And we would love to tell Ken that gun owners from around the nation are standing with him in this election.
If you plan to give, please do so right away. Ken needs to know that he has the resources to answer the scurrilous attacks that McAuliffe is just beginning to launch against this champion of liberty.
Thank you for your support of this pro-gun champion of liberty!
Gun Owners of America 8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102 Springfield, VA 22151 Phone: 703-321-8585 FAX: 703-321-8408 www.gunowners.org
About:Gun Owners of America (GOA) is a non-profit lobbying organization formed in 1975 to preserve and defend the Second Amendment rights of gun owners. GOA sees firearms ownership as a freedom issue. `The only no comprise gun lobby in Washington' – Ron Paul Visit: www.gunowners.org to Join.