Minnesota (Ammoland.com) — On Saturday, December 13th 2015, Minnesota’s gun owners will will gather for a day of training, panels and speakers on the future of gun rights in the state.
The event, now in its second year, is hosted by Gun Owners Civil Rights Alliance, the state’s leading gun rights advocacy organization, and the voice of Minnesota gun owners at the state capitol.
At the event, attendees will hear from speakers on a wide range of topics:
- Legalizing Suppressors in MinnesotaThirty-nine other states allow citizens to use these hearing safety devices. Why not Minnesota, and how do we change the law?
David Feinwachs, Attorney at Law, Lobbyist and Suppressor Expert
- Zombies, T-Shirts and FacebookWhat you say today may swing your jury tomorrow
Blair Nelson, Criminal Defense Attorney, MSBA Certified Criminal Law Specialist
- The Fight for the 2016 Election Begins NowMinnesota gun owners’ impact on the 2014 election, and a look ahead to 2016
Bryan Strawser, Executive Director, Minnesota Gun Owners PAC
- Ammunition Industry TrendsAlternate title: “Where the #@$% is all the .22?”
Mr. X, ammunition industry expert, unnamed ammo manufacturer
- Data Privacy/Government TransparencyHow ordinary citizens can help secure both rights
Rich Neumeister, citizen data policy lobbyist
The event is open to all GOCRA members and subscribers to gun rights emails. New users can join GOCRA (or subscribe for free) at www.gocra.org/join.php.
Gun Owners Civil Rights Alliance (GOCRA) is a 501(c)(4) advocacy organization focused on supporting and defending the civil rights of Minnesota’s more than two million law-abiding gun owners. GOCRA lobbied successfully for the passage of the Minnesota Citizen’s Personal Protection Act, one of the most effective carry laws in the country. GOCRA was also instrumental in passing the Minnesota Range Protection Act, ensuring that current and future generations will be able to enjoy the shooting sports. In 2013 and 2014, GOCRA and its allies successfully defeated every attempt to enact gun rights infringements in the Minnesota Legislature. GOCRA continues to monitor the Minnesota legislature and educate legislators and citizens on issues important to voting gun owners.