By Rob Morse
California – -(Ammoland.com)- The protesters marching in front of your house might be a clue. But they are not the only clue for New Jersey Senator Steve Sweeney.
- A New Jersey Senator knows he has a problem when he has a permit to carry a handgun for self-defense.. and has cops parked at his doorstep, but a domestic violence victim, Carol Bowne, dies facing her stalker disarmed and alone.
- A New Jersey Senator knows he has a problem when his well-crafted damage control media campaign is completely ignored by the local news stations.
- A New Jersey Senator knows he has a problem when local police refuse to answer questions about the number of times a domestic violence victim contacted them begging for help.
- A New Jersey Senator knows he has a problem when he refuses to speak to the family of the murdered victim (Video).
- A New Jersey Senator knows he has a problem when he asks four policemen to park across the street as protesters march in front of his house.
- A New Jersey Senator knows he has a problem when twitter followers stop taking his excuses for disarming honorable citizens.
- A New Jersey Senator knows he has a problem when women in New Jersey realize they or someone they love could be the next Carol Bowne.. and they then carry protest banners in front of his house.
- A New Jersey Senator knows he has a problem when he turns on the sprinklers to hose down the protesters marching on the sidewalk in front of his house. Fortunately, it was a hot summer day and the protesters probably appreciated the spray.
We still don't know who delayed Carol's application to purchase a firearm for her own protection. The state police, and the local police chief are blaming each other. So are the legislators and Governor Chris Christie who crafted New Jersey's broken legal system. We do know that the state firearms license processing division was created simply to delay the verification process and to produce a few full-time jobs for state employees.
The Jersey politicians sold out the citizens for another spoonful of union political contributions. The voters know it. No wonder citizens resent their politicians and state bureaucrats. What will the voters do?
About Rob Morse: By day, Rob Morse works as a mild mannered engineer for a Southern California defense contractor. By night he writes about gun rights at Ammoland, at Clash Daily and on his SlowFacts blog. He is an NRA pistol instructor and combat handgun competitor.