Outdoor specialty retailer brings live music, celebrity appearances, giveaways and more to Monroeville-area outdoor enthusiasts
Monroeville, PA -(AmmoLand.com)- Gander Mountain, the nation’s largest and fastest-growing outdoor specialty retailer, is celebrating its new store in Monroeville with a four-day grand opening celebration starting on April 28, featuring live music, celebrity appearances, giveaways and family activities for the community.
The new store is located in an existing 80,000-square-foot building at 4680 Old William Penn Highway in the Monroeville Plaza shopping center, just west of the junction of William Penn Highway and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The new store will also offer an 8,615-square-foot Gander Mountain Outlet where guests can get great prices on top-of-the-line hunting, fishing and camping gear.
As part of the grand opening, the first 1,000 guests through the door each day from Thursday, April 28, through Sunday, May 1, will receive a free scratch-off card for great prizes and Gander Mountain gear. Every card is a winner, with prizes ranging from gift cards valued up to $100, discounts up to 50 percent off, to shirts, hats and more. Guests may also register for a chance to win a $500 Gander Mountain gift card.
“Our new Monroeville store is our 12th location in Pennsylvania and we’re thrilled to continue to provide outdoor enthusiasts with the gear they need to get back outside,” said Nick Mucci, store manager of the Monroeville Gander Mountain store. “We’ve put together a family-friendly grand opening weekend to celebrate the community’s passion for fishing, hunting, boating, archery and camping.”
Events and appearances will occur from Thursday, April 28, until Sunday, May 1, and include:
- Official Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on Thursday at 9:45 a.m.; doors open at 10 a.m.
- Live performance by country music artist and HeadHunters TV co-host Nate Hosie at 9 a.m. before doors open on Thursday. Hosie will do a meet-and-greet the same day from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Professional football player Sammie Coates will be at the store on Thursday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. signing autographs. Passes to meet Coates will be given to the first 250 guests starting at 10 a.m.
- Travis ‘T-Bone’ Turner, co-host of Michael Waddell’s Bone Collector on the Outdoor Channel, will sign autographs Thursday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. to noon.
- Troy Landry, Star of History’s Swamp People, will sign autographs on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 3 p.m.
- Professional football player Cam Heyward will be at the store on Saturday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. signing autographs, passes to meet Heyward will be given to the first 250 guests starting at 8 a.m.
- Pro-staffer Scott Callen from Sunline and Big Bite Baits will offer tips and tricks on Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Free line winding during the Berkley Trilene Happy Hour on Thursday and Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The first 100 kids can paint their own fishing lure at Berkley’s Paint-A-Lure event Thursday and Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- The first 75 kids each day can Build-A-Call and learn to use it with the help of Buck Gardner Calls on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 2 p.m.
- Kids can also learn to cast at the Casting Event, sponsored by Shakespeare, on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 3 p.m.
A full schedule of events and appearances is available at GanderMountain.com/GrandOpenings.
“With the weather getting warmer and area residents looking to head back outdoors for fishing, camping and fun, our new location will make it easier for them to find the right gear they need to get back outdoors,” added Mucci, “With our Best Price Plus program, if a guest finds a lower advertised price on an identical in-stock item at another local retailer, Gander Mountain will match it plus give the guest 10 percent of the difference.”
The store offers an extensive selection of men’s and women’s active performance outdoor and lifestyle apparel, featuring exciting brands like Under Armour, The North Face, GSX, Columbia, Carhartt, Guide Series and Kühl, and a wide variety of men’s and women’s active footwear, including brands like Asics, Carhartt, Ariat, Muck, Gander Mountain, Merrell, Rocky, Reebok, Reef, Keen, Irish Setter, Teva, New Balance, Timberland, LaCrosse, Skechers, Saucony and Under Armour.
Those interested in careers with Gander Mountain can explore current opportunities and submit an application online at www.GanderMountain.com/careers.
About Gander Mountain Company:
Gander Mountain Company, headquartered in St. Paul, Minn., is the nation’s largest and fastest-growing retail network of outdoor specialty stores for hunting, fishing, camping, marine and outdoor lifestyle products and services. Since 1960, Gander Mountain has offered the best selection of outdoor equipment, technical apparel, active casual wear, and footwear featuring national, regional and specialty brands at competitive prices. Focused on a “We Live Outdoors” culture, Gander Mountain dedicates itself to creating outdoor memories. Gander Mountain has launched a national campaign encouraging responsible firearms ownership – take the Responsibility Pledge at www.GanderMountain.com and use the hashtag #responsibilitypledge in social media to raise awareness. Gander Mountain has 163 conveniently-located outdoor lifestyle stores in 27 states. Gander Mountain is also the parent company of Overton’s (www.overtons.com), a leading catalog and Internet based retailer of products for boating and other water sports enthusiasts.
For the nearest store location call 800-282-5993 or visit www.GanderMountain.com.