Saint Paul, MN -(AmmoLand.com)- Do you make good decisions when you are upset? I know don’t. When emotions are high, we make mistakes, we overreact, and we can be…irrational.
That’s where the United States Senate is right now.
After the mass murder in a nightclub in Orlando. Florida, by an ISIS-supporting, homophobic domestic terrorist, long-time anti-rights politicians are calling for rights-stripping legislation….and Republican leaders are “negotiating” a “compromise” with Diane Feinstein and gun control groups (CNN).
This is serious: they’re not talking about infringing or not infringing. They’re just figuring out how much they’ll infringe.
- Send a message to Sen. Al Franken at his web site.
Send a message to Sen. Amy Klobuchar at her web site.
- Call your Rep. at or
- Call Sen. Al Franken’s office at (651) 221-1016.
- Call Sen. Amy Klobuchar office at 1-888-224-9043.
The message (use your own words):
- As a law-abiding gun owner and American, I oppose universal registration (disguised as “universal background checks”).
- Background checks don’t stop criminals, who will skip them, and they don’t stop mass shooters, who regularly pass them.
- All they do is infringe and suppress a constitutional right.
- Denying civil rights to citizens on secret government lists is immoral, unconstitutional, and un-American.
- Americans must be considered innocent until proven guilty.
- If someone is that dangerous, arrest them.
“Universal Background Checks”
The Orlando, Florida murderer passed at least eight background checks!
- Security guard company
- Security guard company (again)
- Florida state security guard license
- Gun purchase background check
- Gun purchase background check (again)
- FBI investigation
- FBI investigation (again)
- Florida concealed carry permit
In fact, every mass murderer in recent memory passed a background check — or murdered someone to steal their guns.
The most frightening proposal is to unilaterally, secretly, revoke the Second Amendment rights of people on the mere suspicion of ties to terrorism.
The Orlando, Florida murderer was not on any watch list!
Yes, suspected terrorists should be investigated. If the investigation yields probable cause, arrest them. If the evidence is sufficient, charge them. And if they aer found guilty, imprison them.
That’s due process. Putting someone on a secret list, and stripping their civil rights, is tyranny. And, no, allowing them to appeal a secret list-based infringement doesn’t make it all right.
This is America. People are considered innocent until proven guilty.
We’ll have more info in the coming days. Thank you for taking the time to speak up for all of our rights.
Founded in 1989, Gun Owners Civil Rights Alliance (GOCRA) is a nonprofit advocacy organization focused on supporting and defending the civil rights of Minnesota’s more than two million law-abiding gun owners. GOCRA successfully lobbied for the passage of the Minnesota Citizen’s Personal Protection Act, one of the most effective carry laws in the country. GOCRA was also instrumental in passing the Minnesota Range Protection Act, ensuring that current and future generations will be able to enjoy the shooting sports. In 2015, GOCRA helped pass five separate Second Amendment rights bills through the Minnesota Legislature.
For more information, visit: www.gocra.org.