U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- As gardening season is (finally) almost upon us, we thought it would be a good time to release our latest publication, the Complete Guide to Home Canning. Yes there are plenty of other canning books and cookbooks out there. However, none of them are the authoritative guide to home canning. A product of the USDA and the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, the Complete Guide to Home Canning covers, in great detail, one of the most basic food preparation and preservation techniques.
Before you plant your first crop of the season, you can read about:
- General principles of home canning—the why, what, and how
- New research-based recommendations for safe canning and improved food quality
- Canning equipment and techniques
- Basic canning ingredients and procedures
- The best products for canning and how much to can
The fun part of the book is the second half, which covers selecting, preparing, and canning:
- Fruit and fruit products
- Tomatoes and tomato products
- Vegetables and vegetable products
- Poultry, red meats, and seafood
- Fermented foods and pickled vegetables
- Jams and jellies
The simple recipes range from apple butter to various salsas and tomato sauces to ground beef to sauerkraut. And that is just a start. Each recipe will provide guidelines on quality and quantity and detailed instructions on the procedure. With easy-to-read charts accompanying the recipes, the Complete Guide to Home Canning is available online for download, or as this convenient and over-sized paperback. This is a great addition to your prepper library. The Complete Guide to Home Canning is now available on Amazon.