USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- The FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Section is happy to announce our annual NICS Retailer Day. This year’s event will consist of two separate days, Monday, September 17, 2018 and Tuesday, September 18, 2018, in Kansas City, Missouri, at Bass Pro located at 18001 Bass Pro Drive, Independence, MO 64055.
Topics to be discussed include but are not limited to:
- A demonstration of a NICS background check being processed, including eligibility determinations.
- A presentation to discuss the unique situation experienced by both the NICS Section and the firearms industry in recent years, and what we have done to manage and mitigate a relentless wave of increased volume and demand.
- Immigrant and nonimmigrant information as related to the receipt or possession of a firearm.
- Updates provided by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
- Information about the NICS E-Check.
Due to the size of the venue, seating each day will be first come, first serve and will be limited to 80 seats.
The material being covered on each day will be the same; therefore, attendees are only permitted to attend one day. Make your reservation(s) today by sending an e–mail to [email protected] with the names of all the attendees in your group, the best call back number, which date you will be attending, and your Federal Firearms License (FFL) number.
Registration will close on September 7, 2018. This event is only open to FFLs and their employees.
We look forward to seeing you there!
The NICS Business Unit