NRA Statement on Walmart’s Decision to Change Firearms Policy

Opinion

NRA Statement on Walmart's Decision to Change Firearms Policy

Fairfax, VA – -(Ammoland.com)- -(AmmoLand.com)- The National Rifle Association released the following statement today regarding Walmart's decision to change its firearms and ammunition policies:

“The strongest defense of freedom has always been our free-market economy. It is shameful to see Walmart succumb to the pressure of the anti-gun elites. Lines at Walmart will soon be replaced by lines at other retailers who are more supportive of America’s fundamental freedoms”

“The truth is Walmart’s actions today will not make us any safer. Rather than place the blame on the criminal, Walmart has chosen to victimize law-abiding Americans.”

“Our leaders must be willing to approach the problems of crime, violence and mental health with sincerity and honesty.”

National Rifle Association Institute For Legislative Action (NRA-ILA)

About:
Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the “lobbying” arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Visit: www.nra.org

jeff
jeff
1 year ago

Walmart’s policy change will have an unexpected effect; Walmart is now a gun-free zone. It has become a killing-zone for some. Walmart has joined most of our schools as a safe place for those who wish to do us harm.

Ej harbet
Ej harbet
Reply to  jeff

Theyve not banned ccw but id not bet against that happening later.

Will
Will
Reply to  Ej harbet

I was carrying concealed for many years before CCW. I would have no problem at all doing it again without that goddamn permission slip !

Canyonman
Canyonman
1 year ago

USA, Anti gun elites are not a Myth, i.e. Bloomberg, Cuomo, Warren, Brady, to name a few. And I fully agree with “Anti YOUR gun not theirs!” Well said! However I belive you want to replace all the “NRA” entries with “DEMS.” And again I agree with you, next they will outlaw Knives, Baseball Bats, Hammers, Cars, and I could go on. My frustration is that you can’t negotiate with the Anti-Gunners. As the saying goes, “Give them an inch and they will take a yard!” Heck, you actually can’t have a rational discussion with them as each incident is… Read more »

mlhtd51
mlhtd51
1 year ago

Open Carry, YES it’s Legal, But I’m A Little UN-easy When Someone I Don’t Know Is Walking Thru The Store Open Carry, are We Looking For Someone ????? IF Wally World Where I Live Would Turn Into A “GUN FREE ZONE” Or They BAN “CONCEALED CARRY” I Will NOT Be Back. My Handgun Is Like My Master Card, I Don’t Leave Home Without IT

American Patriot
American Patriot
Reply to  mlhtd51

If your un-easy when someone else is carrying…That pretty much sums up what the liberal politicians say…..It’s OK for me but not for Thee.

cav2108
cav2108
1 year ago

Ah, more useless virtue-signaling by big-business. Okay. I can get EVERYTHING that I want from Walmart someplace else. I may even re-evaluate whether I actually NEED something or not, rather than impulse purchasing at the Walmart Shopping Extravaganza. Walmart, you and my family are done. Right now. Alas, alas, Walmart, thy day is done. Truly.

JPM
JPM
1 year ago

As soon as LaPierre gets his “check in the mail” from the Walmart home office I’m sure the NRA-ILA will be changing their tune.

Will
Will
1 year ago

I Open Carry in Walmart several times a week and will continue to do so !

CourageousLion
CourageousLion
Reply to  Will

Expect to get kicked out of the store. Just conceal it. Geezzzz….or better yet, write them a letter and refuse to buy ANYTHING from them again. That’s what I’m doing.

RoyD
RoyD
1 year ago

Well, she sent it but my Web Fu isn’t up to the task of getting it here without concerning markers.

Dave in Fairfax
Editor
Dave in Fairfax
Reply to  RoyD

RoyD,
Ok, I’ll bite, what’s the problem with posting it and what markers are you talking about?

JIAZ
JIAZ
1 year ago

Walmart, shameful. NRA, heal thyself.

“More than one (NRA) Board Member and former (NRA) Board Member has at this point said they think that he (Wayne LaPierre) will end up being arrested.”
Tom Gresham
NRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor

Gun Talk Media
Published on Sep 3, 2019

moe mensale
moe mensale
Reply to  JIAZ

So when things like this Walmart cave-in occur, you’d prefer that the NRA just be quiet and say nothing about it? Their internal problems shouldn’t prevent them from doing what’s expected of them. Silence on their part is just another win for the gun grabbers.

Will
Will
Reply to  moe mensale

Maybe Larry can !

Will
Will
Reply to  JIAZ

, lapierres name will be turning into a number soon !

RoyD
RoyD
1 year ago

I have just requested, from my senior US Senator, a copy of the letter the Wal-Mart CEO sent to the President and Congressional leaders about how to reduce “gun violence” to include looking into a renewal of the Assault weapons ban. If I get it I will post it here.

Littlejohn1411
Littlejohn1411
Reply to  RoyD

Looking forward to seeing if you get anything and what it says if you do.