Virginia – -(AmmoLand.com)- Louisa, Halifax, Buchanan, Rappahannock, Greensville, and Russell counties are all sanctuaries now! So is the town of Exmore! HUGE turnouts continue! 30 Sanctuaries and counting!
- Chicken: Roanoke City Mayor would not let resolution come to a vote.
- Strasbourg to vote on a resolution at the next meeting. Bigger turnout needed to get passage!
- Media coverage
1. Louisa, Halifax, Buchanan, Rappahannock, Greensville, and Russell counties are all sanctuaries now! So is the town of Exmore! HUGE turnouts continue! 30 Sanctuaries and counting!
- Louisa County: I was at the Louisa meeting. A huge gymnasium was filled and the crowed overflowed the room. About 6 opposed and over 600 (I think that is a low-ball number) were in favor of the resolution. The resolution passed with a standing ovation: 6 ayes, 0 nays, 1 abstain. Supervisors said they have never seen a crowd this big at any of their meetings. We do hear that a lot, don't we? 😉 There is a news story in item #4, Media coverage, below.
- Halifax County: Over 400 people attended, passed unanimously. Attendance limited by parking. See video in the article in item #4, Media coverage, below.
- Buchanan County: Another large attendance, no estimates of number present, but the room was full. The resolution (and an emergency ordinance to back it up) passed unanimously:
- Rappahannock County: Passed their resolution by a 4 ayes and 1 abstention. Crowd described as massive. See the photo in the article in item #4, Media coverage, below.
- Greensville County: Passed their resolution with one Nay vote. Several hundred attending, but no actual count, but packed room. See photo in article in item #4, Media coverage, below.
- Russell County: Passed their resolution unanimously. See video in an article in item #4, Media coverage, below.
- Town of Exmore: Passed their resolution unanimously. Room was filled:
2. Chicken: Roanoke City Mayor would not let resolution come to a vote.
City council is all Democrats.
3. Strasbourg to vote on a resolution at the next meeting. Bigger turnout needed to get passage!
VCDL member R. Cowan said the turnout (which was on extremely short notice to VCDL members) was only about 35 to 40 people. He said that the Town Council is mixed on the issue and that we need a big turnout next Tuesday, December 10, at 7 pm if we want it to succeed.
Town Council meets at:
174 E. King Street
Strasburg, VA 22657
4. Media coverage
Rappahannock County becomes a Second Amendment Sanctuary
Louisa Co. supervisors vote to become Second Amendment sanctuary
Greensville County passes Second Amendment Resolution
Halifax County passes a resolution to become Second Amendment Sanctuary
Russell County leaders unanimously approve Second Amendment sanctuary resolution
About Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL):
Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.
For more information, visit: www.vcdl.org.