NRA-ILA: Utah’s Permitless Carry Legislation Filed!

Concealed Carry Purse NRA-ILA
Utah files permitless carry legislation. IMG NRA-ILA

U.S.A. -(AmmoLand.com)- This week, Representative Walt Brooks (HD 75) filed House Bill 60. HB 60 allows a law-abiding adult to carry a concealed firearm in the State of Utah without first obtaining government permission while keeping the existing Concealed Firearm Permit (CFP) system intact. This is the number one priority for NRA in Utah, which will hopefully join 16 other states in allowing permitless carry.

The Utah Legislature will convene on Tuesday, January 19th, to start the 2021 session. Stay tuned to your inbox and www.nraila.org for updates concerning your Second Amendment rights and hunting heritage in Utah.

About NRA-ILA:

Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the “lobbying” arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess, and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Visit: www.nra.org

National Rifle Association Institute For Legislative Action (NRA-ILA)

RoyD
RoyD
3 months ago

If successful, Oklahoma will welcome them to the club.

Happy Everafter
Happy Everafter

I love Utah!!

3 months ago

WARNING: The Following content may be offensive to some snowflakes who think their opinions matter, and that other people should just agree with and join them because “we will all be in this together”. Prepare for mass melting. Ya’know… I just had someone trying to lecture me about how I need to be active in politics.. To find “Just one local politician who will stand up and speak for the Second Amendment!” The same failed tactic which has slowly led us down the path to where our country today stands on the brink of falling into a totalitarian regime destroying… Read more »

usaimages
usaimages
Reply to  TheRevelator

Excellent – you must be an oldtimer like myself. I fully agree with “If you want something done right, do it yourself”.

Reply to  usaimages

Believe it or not I’m in my mid 30’s.

usaimages
usaimages
Reply to  TheRevelator

You are very wise for someone your age. It usually takes far more age and experiences to have the mental state that you possess. No offense meant in saying you must be an oldtimer. I myself will be 76 in 8 days, and possess the same state of mind that you have. Stay well and stay armed. We will both need to.

Reply to  usaimages

@usaimages No offense taken. I am curious to who the two idiots who would downvote you would be. 🙂 Well, cowards cant comment.. I’ll tell you that I tend to associate more with people close to twice my age. I’ve put over 20 years into studying the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, Scripture, and the legal minds/philosophers who shaped the birth of our nation. That’s probably why I come across as wise. Comparatively, the majority of brainless sycophants that populate my age group don’t do much to inspire confidence when the basis of their argumentative ability is staring at their idiot… Read more »

Knute
Knute
Reply to  TheRevelator

I’d guess that you are conversant with the federalist letters then?

Reply to  Knute

@Knute When you look at the Constitution you have to understand both the Federalist letters and the Anti Federalist letters. Both are vital to the system we have today, and before anyone says “How dare you support the Anti Federalists!” I will explain why. Thanks to the Anti-federalists we have the Bill of Rights. Without them, we would have had a constitution that the federalists supported because “They didnt think there would ever be a time when there would be people in America who would work to oppress the rights of others.”, if you dont mind my paraphrasing the arguments… Read more »

Reply to  Knute

@Knute As I got to thinking about it after just addressing your question, I realized my reply might not be substantial enough. I would like to point you if I may to a book which might help, since I figure you to already possess a copy covering Hamilton, Jay, and Madison’s work. The Anti-Federalist Papers and the Constitutional Convention Debates by Ralph Ketcham: 9780451528841 | PenguinRandomHouse.com: Books This book covers a lot that gets overlooked, the back and forth arguments of the convention debates of 1787 in a day by day list of what was argued. I might add, it’s… Read more »

Knute
Knute
Reply to  TheRevelator

I, being an anti-federalist myself, will be getting a hard copy of that book. I have seen quotes missing from the other link, and knew there was much more, but could only find bits and pieces.

Reply to  usaimages

Also, I credit the men who raised me more than anything else for the way I am today.

RoyD
RoyD
Reply to  TheRevelator

I am thankful that the teachers I had were born in the ’20s, ’30s, ’40s, and a few early ’50s. Almost all of them set a very good example for the students and, the others, well we learned from them too.

My Father and Mother taught me well and set a very good example 99% of the time. I am grateful that they were my parents.

Last edited 3 months ago by RoyD
Reply to  RoyD

God bless them, I’m glad you had them.

musicman44mag
musicman44mag
Reply to  TheRevelator

I understand how you feel and I wish we had a third group strong enough to help with fighting our always loosing some right and having them negotiated away. I am partially with you in that each individual needs to take a stand. To me that is where ‘I will not comply” applies if joe kamaltoe try’s any executive orders overriding the constitution and using authority just like obummer did. One difference between us though is that any group that is against loosing our rights will be supported by me. Some may be stronger on different points than others. A… Read more »

Reply to  musicman44mag

@musicman44mag
I’m not telling anyone they cant support their own group of choice, I want to be absolutely clear on that.

What I am saying is that I will not support any group that compromises from here on out, no exceptions… If that means everything fails, so be it. On the other hand, if anyone wants to leave those groups behind and build a “Third group” they are more than willing to come join me, but I will never join in with them again.

musicman44mag
musicman44mag
Reply to  TheRevelator

I understood what you were saying. I was trying to change your mind and stress the importance of working with others. I would love to have a third group and I was hoping that the tea party would be the start but that fell through. The problem is, how are you going to get a third group large enough to unite and do the same thing overnight together to accomplish a united goal at the same time. Look at the libertarian, green, independent, progressive parties, How many years have they been in existence and how large is their group in… Read more »

Reply to  musicman44mag

And I was telling you that I am never going to compromise. The right always caves and gives in and the left pushes us a little closer to destruction each time. If you want me to work together with others, I told you how to make that happen. Abandon all efforts to compromise and stand with me, or go out on your own without my support. The tea party fell through because it was betrayed and murdered from within by the republican party. They will do the same thing to any other movement the people attempt to start to clean… Read more »

Knute
Knute
Reply to  TheRevelator

That is the cause of the fall of humanity. The always wanting some “savior” to do their job FOR them. The failure to accept responsibility for themselves.
No such savior can exist, but there’s always some charlatan in a fancy suit to promise it to them…. because he knows he can get a large share of their labor now, in return for a worthless promise that he will not, and cannot, ever fulfill.
The sad part is the brainlesness of those that believe him. 🙁
IMO only, OFC.

Reply to  Knute

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.” ~ H.L. Mencken and the people willingly buy into it. “For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.” ~ 2 Timothy 4:3 “Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”  ~ Ben Franklin and in response to those who do trade liberty for safety, “We ask… Read more »

Reply to  TheRevelator

They also get really offended at historical quotes it seems. 😀 lol

musicman44mag
musicman44mag
3 months ago

Utah definition, Adult means an individual who has obtained the age of 18 or older 79-5-111..So I guess this means that a person 18 or older will be able to carry concealed and have a handgun.

Totally cool. It boggles my mind how in other states you can’t have a handgun until you are 21 or a permit to carry because you are not an adult at the age of 18.

Stay armed to keep us the Untied States of America and not become the
NWO United Socialists of Amerigone.

RoyD
RoyD
Reply to  musicman44mag

I was concealed carrying when I was 14 years old. Now granted that amounted to putting a revolver in my parka cargo pocket when I went out on my walks on snowmobile trails through the woods but it was still concealed carry. And I did not do that to be unnoticeable but because that was the only way to easily access it with a heavy parka on. I assume that everyone I meet is carrying a gun whether open or concealed.