Two Pieces Of Information Second Amendment Supporters Should Feel Good About

#GUNVOTE
#GUNVOTE

United States – -(AmmoLand.com)- Let me present two pieces of information for your consideration, loyal Ammoland readers, which will give you a glimpse into the minds of our enemies.

Piece of information number one: Comments from Democratic strategist David Shor, who was interviewed by New York Magazine about the 2020 election and trends for the 2022 midterms:

• “[H]istorically, Democrats have won non-white conservatives, often by very large margins. What happened in 2020 is that nonwhite conservatives voted for Republicans at higher rates; they started voting more like white conservatives.”
  • “[T]he fundamental problem is that Democrats have been relying on the support of roughly 90 percent of Black voters and 70 percent of Hispanic voters. So if Democrats elevate issues or theories that a large minority of nonwhite voters reject, it’s going to be hard to keep those margins.”
  • “Basically, we have this small window right now to pass redistricting reform and create states. And if we don’t use this window, we will almost certainly lose control of the federal government and not be in a position to pass laws again potentially for a decade.”

Does this sound like someone confident in the so-called “emerging Democratic majority” or in the inevitability of a “coalition of the ascendant?” The answer is clearly, “No.” These are the comments of a political strategist who sees the political landscape shifting and not necessarily to the advantage of those he is strategizing for.

For instance, Gallup’s polling shows that conservatives (who we can generally assume are pro-Second Amendment) hold an 11-point lead over liberals (where the bulk of anti-Second Amendment extremists come from), 36-25, with 35 percent of the country identifying as moderate. Now, the exact splits may vary by state, county, state/local legislative district, or Congressional district, but there is one thing Shor noted in his interview: “Roughly the same proportion of African American, Hispanic, and white voters identify as conservative.”

Shor’s comments indicate that the ratios Gallup found don’t really discriminate by race. This means that given the ratios that the anti-Second Amendment extremists running the Democratic Party count on to win elections, there is a demographic disaster looming, but it isn’t for the Second Amendment. If anything, given the trends Shor mentioned, you can see that the anti-Second Amendment extremists who currently run the Democratic party are in a precarious situation and are thus pushing desperate measures to avoid being locked out of power.

What else can explain the furor of the Left over Tim Scott’s state of the union response, or the candidacy of Caitlin Jenner for governor of California, if not furthering those ideological fault lines? That isn’t the only factor as well. After the 2018 midterms, I noted that sometimes, other issues will dominate the election. That year, health care was the issue, and along with a distaste for President Trump’s tone, it hurt pro-Second Amendment candidates. In 2022, critical race theory, Biden’s co-called “equity” agenda, and the Left’s affinity for socialism could be the issues that dominate.

Asian-American and suburban moderates, in particular, aren’t taking too kindly to “equity” campaigns in local school districts, which means that over the short term, they may ignore a pro-Second Amendment position they would otherwise see as a deal-breaker to defeat local and state officeholders who are carrying out an “equity” campaign.

As for socialism, Shor himself admits that it shifted Hispanic and Asian-American support away from Democrats, saying, “I think one natural inference is that the increased salience of socialism in 2020 — with the rise of AOC and the prominence of anti-socialist messaging from the GOP — had something to do with the shift among those groups.” Shor also noted the Hispanic opposition to the “defund the police” campaign.

While some might hold permanent grudges over those issues and change their voting accordingly, others will default to the other issues that held primacy in their decision-making process on Election Day. How big each of those groups will be is the big question. Once the immediate crisis is over, the number of people whose defections are permanent can be maximized if Second Amendment supporters are willing to put in the work to change these “temporary” defectors into Second Amendment allies who will overlook the other issues, or at least render them non-hostile to those candidates and officeholders who defend our rights.

This is achievable but will involve carefully thought out messaging, along with hiring translators to start making the case to new arrivals. Let’s face it, until 2025, the Biden-Harris regime will have the gates thrown open. The question is, whether we surrender to despair or fight like hell to make our case? The latter may be the better option. Why?

For that, let’s consider piece of information number two: Polling results from the Washington Post as reported by Breitbart News, showing a sharp drop in support for anti-Second Amendment measures among young people and Hispanics. John Nolte noted a number of reasons why this is happening, including the riots of last summer and the lack of response by authorities.

The 2020 election has taught us that leaving votes on the table could be bad for the future of the Second Amendment.

There are huge gains to be had for Second Amendment supporters, who just need to be willing to put in the work to accelerate some trends that are already starting instead of surrendering to despair.

About Harold Hutchison

Writer Harold Hutchison has more than a dozen years of experience covering military affairs, international events, U.S. politics and Second Amendment issues. Harold was consulting senior editor at Soldier of Fortune magazine and is the author of the novel Strike Group Reagan. He has also written for the Daily Caller, National Review, Patriot Post, Strategypage.com, and other national websites.Harold Hutchison

Bubb
Bubb

Excellent article Harold…

Henry Bowman
Henry Bowman
5 months ago

Voting is pointless when the enemies of liberty are rigging the elections wholesale. Little Quisling Harold is once again propagandizing for the RINO contingent. IgNoRe rEaLiTy, JusT kEeP vOoTiNg!

4 Boxes -- You Are HERE.png
Get Out
Get Out
Reply to  Henry Bowman

Do you have any proof of a rigged election? Trump, Giuliani, Powell, pillow man or anyone else can’t produce proof of voter fraud either. You’ve got buffoons in Arizona looking for bamboo infused voter ballots, that’s when you know they’re grasping at straws.

Henry Bowman
Henry Bowman
Reply to  Get Out

The commiecrats over the last 5 months have systematically destroyed all the evidence, they did so openly and blatantly, and no one has been arrested because this is a coup d’etat. When you commit the greatest crime in all US history, you wanna destroy all the evidence ASAP and bury every smking gun.

You can take your demand for ‘proof’ and shove it; trolls like you always demand things that are impossible to put in a comment section.

Knute
Knute
Reply to  Henry Bowman

All in keeping with the troll handbook. It’s S.O.P. (Standard Operating Procedure). This ploy happens to be #19.
“Ignore proof presented, demand impossible proofs. This is perhaps a variant of the “play dumb” rule. Regardless of what material may be presented by an opponent in public forums, claim the material irrelevant and demand proof that is impossible”
-https://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/the-25-rules-of-disinformation/

5 months ago

Lol…Will I know you’re not the brightest but “c’mon man”. You sound like you need to be taken behind a woodshed and someone needs to beat some sense into you!! Stolen??? Yeah you’re on Trump’s d!ck. Lol. How does it taste proud white boy?!?!

Reply to  Dee

Ok, now you are getting racist. knock it off. Unfortunately I have to take off so I can’t respond to what ever trash you post for at least another five hours because I am headed down to the orphanage. I go there to take care of the little black children who’s mommy’s don’t give a shit about them and dumped them off because they were the sixth kid by a different father and they wouldn’t get welfare for that one and that was cheaper than an abortion which she found out with the first, sixth one she would have had.… Read more »

Reply to  musicman44mag

Musician Will is the self proclaimed “Proud White Boy” I was only quoting but if you insist then I’ll stop but what’s up with your comments dude?? This right here is my reason. But you know…..nah. I’m not even gonna play like that. I’ll let the good Lord deal with you brutha. Drive safely and wear your seatbelt!!!

JoeUSooner
JoeUSooner
5 months ago

“Polls” always(!) return the exact results that they are PAID to return. If you determine who authorized/paid for the poll, you will know (with certainty) what the “poll” will report – well before the “poll” is even released to the public.

Reply to  JoeUSooner

Explain. Sounds like you believing the lies. You think voters are paid to vote? Which is it? Have you been paid for your vote? I vote almost ever single election (Federal, state, and local) and I have never been paid for my vote.

Bill
Bill
Reply to  Dee

Odd that there would be anyone left who never heard of polls being used with bias to draw most of the responses from particular demographics, and then the “results” used for purposes of propaganda. Really?

Reply to  Bill

How does that work? You kidnap me and pull a Manchurian voter heist by brainwashing me? Maybe chipping me? Sh!t please explain before I sh!t my pants in laughter. Lol

DIYinSTL
DIYinSTL
Reply to  Dee

It’s easy to get the answers you want by how you phrase the question. e.g. “Do you support background checks?” Most people will say yes. But ask if they want the limitations on transfers that most Democrat gun control bills demand, e.g. loaning a firearm to a gun owning friend requires an expensive background check by an FFL, 10-30 day waiting period, and the same to return the firearm, the answer will be NO!

JoeUSooner
JoeUSooner
4 months ago
Reply to  Dee

Dee, your response makes absolutely NO sense. The physical act of voting has absolutely nothing to do with the accumulation of “data” via taking an opinion poll. The two processes are entirely different.

5 months ago

God, I wish I could agree but they are working on changing the system to the point that they won’t need to steal it anymore because all the cards will be stacked on their side. No filibuster, stack the court, no voter id needed go vote in one town then go to the next and claim a different identity and vote again? They are working hard to make our vote trash. If they pull off the no id requirement then we need to all take that day off so we can go and vote from one town to the next… Read more »

Reply to  musicman44mag

Have you voted twice before? I haven’t either. Stop faking the funk mane!! If you can’t dance don’t dance! Don’t let your boyfriend Trump leave you on the dance floor alone again. Leave his ass!! Lol.
Damn This is straight out of a fictional movie. The movie isn’t real!! It’s made for tv. Stop believing the sh!t!!

Reply to  Dee

Ok, I will take your advice and stop believing you.

5 months ago

Gallup gallup gallup, I wish it would trot off into the west never to be heard of again. It’s all there just to influence us and sway the unsure or timid voter. I don’t need a poll to tell me who is winning or loosing so I can vote on the winning side, that is so stupid that people are that way. I would rather waste my vote on the right candidate so I can say nice and loud and proud, NOT MY PRESIDENT.

PMinFl
PMinFl
Reply to  musicman44mag

The Democrats are keenly aware of the tendency, in America,to want to associate (vote for) a winner even if said “winner” is disagreeable to that voter. To some the important thing is to be “with” a winner.

Reply to  PMinFl

Hmmmmm….or to oust a dumb a$$ President. Just answering you you know.

Henry Bowman
Henry Bowman
Reply to  musicman44mag

Not anyone’s president, if we’re going to be honest about it!

BIDEN - FAKE JOE VOTE POTUS.png
Reply to  Henry Bowman

Prove it!!! Lol. Smh

Bill
Bill
Reply to  Dee

The proof is there, but your Deep State and its globalist, leftist accomplices have so far succeeded in suppressing it publicly, at least in the minds of the useful idiots who trust only information from CNN, the MSM Ministry of Truth, and the like. Give it time, LOL. The truth can’t be hidden by people like you forever, and for those who have watched what happened during the 2020 election and the Georgia runoff, rather than sitting in partisan denial and active suppression of facts, the proof is highly visible. Honesty is not in your character.

Reply to  Bill

Bill I’m actually a honest guy. I was waiting for Trump to prove it. Maybe even one of his cronies. But it never happened. Not even the 3 SC judges he appointed backed the “truth”. IM just saying lies are slippery slopes you know. And Trump tell the biggest ones of everyone. Lol.

DIYinSTL
DIYinSTL
Reply to  Dee

The evidence was prevented from being brought forth in court. The cases were dismissed, rightly or wrongly, on standing. It may all be circumstantial but the evidence is overwhelming.

loveaduck
loveaduck
Reply to  Bill

I don’t think there were enough shenanigans to change the result. It was either pro-Biden or anti-Trump, I’m not sure how much of either.

nrringlee
nrringlee
5 months ago

Great points. If you look at things like Proposition 8 (2008) in California, which was a rainbow jihad proposition you find that blacks and Hispanics presented the most vehement opposition. Socially conservative issues strike a cord in those communities. Abortion does the same. The problem the Republican Party has had over the years is first, they fail to understand and name their opposition. Calling the the Progressive New Left (fabian socialists) ‘Libs’ does not help make the case to many who have fled socialist disasters in South and Central America that leftism destroys and does not build. Leftism suppresses and… Read more »

Reply to  nrringlee

Damn excellent points, I love your list of candidates, I might as well have been reading my own thoughts.

Reply to  nrringlee

How in the hell you expect the Republican Party to change if you think Cruz (the devil’s son-in-law) should be a role model? That weasel coward to Trump like I NEVER seen a man do in my life. Do you think any Democrat would coward like that to anyone? DeSantis another flunky crony. Who barely won his race versus a lesser opponent. Smh. This idiot only dances with one man. Trump. Trump will continue to destroy this party and make you guys chose a side! This will be the end of the party. Trump has never been a good tv… Read more »

Bill
Bill
Reply to  Dee

You are a good Bolshevik. Trying to run people’s lives in the name of “justice” and counting on government to “fix” everything, once that pesky government by and for the people can be taken offline.

Reply to  Bill

Lol…that’s a good one Bill. I wouldn’t go fully socialist on you though. I am conservative by nature but most Black Americans are. And yes my fight is in the name of justice. But here’s the kicker….no one now is waiting for the government to “fix” it. We demanded the government to fix it. Aren’t you doing the same? Qanon? Others? I have not seen a national March to protect my firearms right. Not one. Republicans leaders generally lead this fight for me (not always for me but I was somehow lumped in) but now they are like who even… Read more »

DIYinSTL
DIYinSTL
Reply to  Dee

“Coward” is a noun. Presumably you mean the verb “cower.”

DIYinSTL
DIYinSTL
Reply to  nrringlee

Education is the key; I regret voting against school vouchers 20+ years ago. Public schools and most colleges and universities are little more than left wing cesspools of indoctrination. At least my professor in the 70’s did not mark me down for savaging Rules for Radicals.

Rowboat
Rowboat
5 months ago

I wish I could rely on that, Will, but it seems that the Democrats got clean away with it, and what is tolerated will continue.
Right now , they have escalated into Phase ll- the Purge , where Trump supporters and associates are now on the chopping block and not a damn one of those Democrat/Socialists are facing ANY consequences.

Reply to  Rowboat

Typical for the demonrats because they are in control of our country. Holder, Hitlary, obummer, obiden, hunter, schiff, bill and the list goes on.

Reply to  musicman44mag

And Dee!! Lol
#GetRidOfYoLEADER

JoeUSooner
JoeUSooner
Reply to  Rowboat

“… what is tolerated will continue.” Truer words…

Reply to  JoeUSooner

Use to be. It won’t be tolerated much more.
#Woke

JoeUSooner
JoeUSooner
4 months ago
Reply to  Dee

WHAT [“It”] won’t be tolerated much more?

Reply to  Rowboat

Then stop believing the lies mane!! Lol
#ChopChop

ras52
ras52
5 months ago

Will, I hope they don’t get to steal another one.Many of them should be in prison for what happened in 2020!

nrringlee
nrringlee
Reply to  ras52

Let us wait to see the results of the Maricopa County forensic audit of 2020. There are 22 active lawsuits making their way through the courts now. The issue is far from ‘debunked.”

F Riehl, Editor in Chief
Admin
Reply to  nrringlee

Have my popcorn made, fren. The best is yet to come.

You luv the fictional movies I see. Lol

Henry Bowman
Henry Bowman
5 months ago

So what are you going to do with this obvious leftist troll (Dee)?? Just curious!!

TROLL-B-GONE Spray.png
Reply to  Henry Bowman

Hey they got to luv ya my friend. Lol

Reply to  nrringlee

Trumps is acting his arse off for the Republicans. Lol

ras52
ras52
Reply to  nrringlee

Yes, I will be glad to see those results. Bet a lot of demoncrats will not like it!

Reply to  ras52

Including the judges that turn the cases away based on non evidence that they really didn’t give a chance to present itself in a court of law like it should have.

ras52
ras52
Reply to  musicman44mag

Yes sir, right you are!

Reply to  ras52

Steal??? Lol Y’all some sap suckers fo sho!!! Smh

ras52
ras52
Reply to  Dee

No one here gives a damn what you think or say!