Today is Tuesday, July 29, 2014rss RSS feed
Cuban Refugee Manuel Martinez

Cuban Refugee Manuel Martinez

AmmoLand Gun News

AmmoLand Gun News

Oregon --(Ammoland.com)- “Don’t sell me this. A very powerful man tried to sell me this 50-something years ago, I didn’t buy it,” Martinez said. “This is Marxism, plain and clear.”

A man who fled Cuba’s communist regime in the 1960s blasted Oregon lawmakers Thursday during a public hearing on proposed gun control legislation.

Manuel Martinez, who narrowly escaped Cuba in 1962 after being imprisoned for opposing Fidel Castro, passionately defended the Second Amendment in front of Oregon’s Senate Judiciary Committee, comparing the state’s attempts to pass gun control to moves made by his former government.

Ammoland Click to read AmmoLand FTC Marital Disclosures Distributed to you by - AmmoLand.com – The Shooting Sports News source.
  • 12 User comments to “‘This Is Marxism’: Cuban Refugee Manuel Martinez Confronts Oregon Lawmakers ~ Video”

1. oldgringo on February 15, 2014 at 6:18 AM said:

I went to the gun-magazine limit repeal debates at the Denver state capitol on Monday…It was a farce…Those Democrat representatives and or Senators whot sit on these gun control committee’s are all a bunch of political hacks who have opted for Marxism to force gun legislation over the will of the American people…These committee hacks don’t know one end of a gun from the other much less have any idea what comes out of the front end of a squirt gun…In their anti-gun frenzy to appease our marxist leaning President last July…They were able without public support to pass some of the most arrogant, stupidest, fivolous, and unenforceable gun laws ever to gain passage in this once great state of Colorado…This state is overrun by the Mexican drug cartels with their drugs and human trafficking and the Democrats take issue with reponsible gun owners over private gun sales such as my grand-dads old Stevens single barrel .410 gauge hammer shot gun or the Winchester single shot .22 caliber falling block rifle which I inherited from my father…To which because of the new gun laws I can’t pass on to my kids as an inheritance without each and every one of them having to go through a Universal Criminal Back Ground check as signed into law by our east coast Gov. John Hickenlooper who hails from Pennsylvania…For my kids to inherit my guns…As the law now stands…I must turn in my firearms to a gun dealer…To take posession of my firearm my children will now have to go to this same gun dealer, fill out the form 4473, and then wait for the state and the FBI to conduct a Criminal Back Ground check on each and or every one of them…God forbid if they skipped paying a fine for walking their dog without a leash or failed to pay a parking ticket…I have no idea how ths is going to turn out if I die first before they inhert?…No thanks to our President who has repeatedly stated he was a druggie during his college years which seems to be an acceptable admittance fact with our Colorado Senatorial anti-gunners who themselves apparently enjoy getting a mile high rush now and then…Drugs in this state have become prevailent and an acceptable practice condoned by our Democratic politicians..The main cause of drugs in this state is due to Denver being a sancturary city for illegal aleins…Along with the Mexican drug cartels and their leiutenants and the over 100 gangs that push their drugs in this state mostly Denver and other large metropolitan Colroado cities…Last year 15 people died in Boulder, CO for Heroin overdose…That’s just one city amongst many…There are no further statistics available for the other cities…..Like Mr. Martinez who calls these anti-gun nuts a bunch of Marxist’s…I call all the Obama anti-gun Senators and Represenatives in this state for what they are…A bunch of Marxist leaning Colorado CommieCRat’s…Come November we need get rid of this trash…Coloradans deserve better!

2. Washington is trying the same BS. I WILL just ignore any new gun laws, and I suggest everyone do the same. The state, big or small “s” can go to hell.

3. Pres. O. And his ilk seem to find it convenient to ignore the law, maybe it’s time everyone else leads by example….

4. people just want wake up. they are waiting for another 9/11. just you wait and see.

5. MARXISM IS NOT COMING. MARXISM IS HERE!

6. I hear much about gun control/marxism on line. When it comes to voting where are the people who care? Make this subject more personal people!! Get out there an vote! If you can’t get to a polling place get a mail in ballot!

7. Matt Harbin on February 16, 2014 at 12:46 PM said:

This man has seen it, he has lived it, and he escaped it, he knows! This is a American hero, they should listen to him, but they won’t, that is sad. We put them in office to represent us, and as soon as they say the oath of office, they forget about us and they focus on their own agenda.

8. Dale Payne on February 16, 2014 at 5:58 PM said:

In all of my dealings with ANY and ALL government bureaucracies, I have discovered that they will do as they want! Any protestations that we may have only leads to superficial meetings to appease the laws and appellate rules. In the end, they will do what they had intended to do all along. My advice is to load-up on ammo, wait for the revolution, then shoot them before the armistice is passed, that way they will not be around to continue their communist ways!

9. Ay Caballero!!! Manuel Martinez, I will stand and fight by your side any day. Godspeed, Sir. You are a fine example of what an American is supposed to be.

10. Michael Lambert on February 17, 2014 at 1:22 PM said:

If you look at Germany during Hitler’s rise there is a comparison, as to, what is happening under the Obama dictatorship. The conservation camps are already set up around the United States. They have been kicking the officers and enlisted men out of the Military that won’t, in essence, go against the American people and the Constitution. They are just waiting for a chance to apply Marshal Law.

11. David: San Antonio on February 24, 2014 at 10:31 AM said:

Unless the People of The United States actually DO something about this…it is NOT going to change.
      I know…”DO something about this” is open to individual interpretation…but until we, collectively, get together, under one banner…it’s not going to change. A big step would be to get the lib media to start waking up and start doing something, bit to paraphrase Sara Palin…the ONLY time they do is when 0bamas’ “boot is on their neck”.
      No. I, personally, do not have a definitive answer to all this, but something needs to be done…now, peacefully, if possible, before it DOES come to armed revolution. I don’t think anyone wants to see that. Americans shooting Americans…although, I don’t look at those who support the current administration as Americans anymore.

12. Melissa on June 14, 2014 at 10:02 AM said:

Please remember & pray for the biker groups headed to Mexico this very moment; American Patriots doing what Treasonous Obama will not. God bless them!

Had guns not been involved, Tahmooressi would already be home. But not for the reasons you think.

NOT because this Marine, who served his nation honorably, had guns when he crossed into Mexico… but because Obama intends to see ALL GUNS GONE from public ownership.

The refusal by the POTUS to become involved in THIS soldier’s release is simply one more political statement by the Obama Administration as to WHY they want the 2nd Amendment revoked.

Had Tahmooressi been in possession of ANY OTHER CONTRABAND –except firearms– Obama would have secured his release already, if for no other reason than to provide a ‘smokescreen’ for the numerous scandals during his tenure. We’ve seen how much he LOVES taking victory-laps in the Rose Garden, after all.

EVERY TIME the media speaks the word “guns” in their reporting of Tahmooressi’s capture, Obama quietly, confidently embraces it with continued I-N-A-C-T-I-O-N, making his administration’s ‘official statement,’ for ALL THINGS controversial, glaringly and sickeningly clear:

“You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it’s an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.” – Rahm Emanuel