MAIL & CALL NOW! If You Attend BLADE Show, or Ever Plan To – ACT NOW!
Gilbert, AZ –-(Ammoland.com)- The Georgia House Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee hearing on SB432 will be held Tuesday, March 20. SB432 is Knife Rights' Knife Law Preemption bill that would repeal all local knife ordinances more restrictive than state law.
Knife Rights' Director of Legislative Affairs, Todd Rathner, is in Atlanta to lobby the committee members and testify at the hearing. His job is much easier and more effective when they have already received your calls and emails. Help Todd by calling or emailing TODAY!
Once again, we need your help to get this bill passed. Your calls and emails made a big impact in the Senate. Now, please call or email and ask the members of the committee to vote YES on SB432 when it is before them for consideration on Tuesday.
- If you are a Georgia resident it is best that you call ALL the committee members below. If you can't call, at least email.
- If you are a BLADE Show attendee from outside of Georgia, please email ALL of the committee members (listed below) and ask them to vote YES on SB432.
IMPORTANT: In your email or when you talk to each Representative's secretary, tell them that that you are a BLADE Show attendee or exhibitor and that the BLADE Show represents MILLIONS of dollars to the Georgia economy. It also represents many hundreds of JOBS in Georgia. All those hotels and restaurants we stay at and eat in during BLADE Show employ many hundreds of people and SB432 will help support BLADE Show! You deserve to not have to worry about local knife restrictions when traveling to and attending BLADE Show and even a single unjustified and highly publicized arrest could adversely affect BLADE Show attendance!
Use Email SUBJECT: Please Vote Yes on SB432
- Ann Purcell – Chairman Dist 159 – email@example.com Phone: 404-656-5139
- Willie Talton – Vice Chairman Dist 145 – firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 404-656-5116
- Bob Hanner – Dist 148 – email@example.com Phone: 404-656-7859
- Bill Maddox – Dist 127 – firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 404-656-3947
- Jay Neal – Dist 1 – email@example.com Phone: 404-656-5138
- Billy Horne – Dist 71 – firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 404-656-0287
- Scott Holcomb – Dist 82 – email@example.com Phone: 404-656-6372
- Gloria Frazier -Dist 123 – firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 404-656-0265
- Kevin Cooke -Dist 18 – email@example.com Phone: 404-656-0325
- Darlene Taylor – Dist 173 – firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 404-656- 0177
- Yasmin Neal -Dist 75 – email@example.com Phone: 404-656-0265
- Doug Collins -Dist 27 – firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 404-656-7737
- Tim Bearden -Dist 68 – email@example.com Phone: 404-656-0287
It is much, much better to email each member individually, but if you cannot, below are all the email addresses which you can copy and paste into your email:
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL or EMAIL TODAY!
We also need your help to cover the cost of sending Todd to Atlanta to Lobby. Donate now and you could win BIG! Just a $20 donation and you're eligible to win from the $75,000 in prizes in the 2012 Ultimate Steel Knives, Guns & More Spectacular!
As home to BLADE Show, successful passage of SB432 would not only ensure Georgia residents carrying a knife are treated fairly wherever they travel in Georgia, but all those traveling to Blade though towns and cities with knife laws more restrictive that Georgia's otherwise decent knife laws, would be safe from violation.As an example, Atlanta city ordinance makes it illegal to carry any automatic or any knife with a blade longer than three-inches “readily available for use.”
SB432 is sponsored by Knife Rights' good friend, Senator Bill Heath, who has worked hard getting it through the Senate with your help. Now it is important for ALL of US to help him get it through the House!
Knife Law Preemption protects honest citizens from a patchwork of local ordinances and rules that can entrap those traveling within or through a state in possession of knives that meet state law or wherever they live in the state. A person can be charged with a violation of law when they have no intention of violating the law.
BLADE Show, held annually in Atlanta, Georgia, is the world's largest knife show and pumps millions of dollars into the local and state economy. SB432 will protect the thousands of exhibitors and visitors who travel to and from BLADE Show to buy, sell or simply enjoy the thousands of knives on display and the many knife-related events associated with BLADE Show.
Knife Rights (www.KnifeRights.org) is America's Grassroots Knife Owners Organization, working towards a Sharper Future for all knife owners. Knife Rights is dedicated to providing knife owners an effective voice in public policy. Become a Knife Rights member and make a contribution to support the fight for your knife rights. Visit www.kniferights.org