Springfield Armory 3.3 XD-S SAFETY RECALL

Springfield Armory 3.3 XD-S Pistol
Springfield Armory 3.3 XD-S Pistol
Springfield Armory
Springfield Armory

GENESEO, IL – -(Ammoland.com)- Springfield Armory is initiating this voluntary safety recall to upgrade 3.3 XD-S 9mm and 3.3 XD-S .45ACP pistols with new components, which eliminate the possibility of a potentially dangerous condition. We want to emphasize that no injuries have been reported to date.

Get Started Here : http://www.springfieldrecall.com/ReCall.asp

Springfield has determined that under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once.

The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur.
What should you do?

STOP USING YOUR 3.3 XD-S 9mm or .45ACP PISTOL AND CAREFULLY UNLOAD IT!

To begin the upgrade process and for fastest response, click on the Get Started link at the top of the page. On that page enter your serial number and click Next. If your pistol is subject to this recall, you will need to provide your name, address, phone number, and email address.

The serial number is located on the frame beneath the dust cover (accessory rail). If you prefer, you may initiate the upgrade process by calling 800-680-6866. If you no longer own the 3.3 XD-S 9mm or .45ACP pistol, please advise Springfield of the current owner.

Springfield Armory 3.3 XD-S SAFETY RECALL
Springfield Armory 3.3 XD-S SAFETY RECALL

What pistols are involved?

This Safety Recall applies only to:

• Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols – serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
  • Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols – serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300.

This Safety Recall does not apply to any XD or XD(M) pistols.

What will Springfield do?

Springfield will send you a return authorization and mailing label, allowing you to return your 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm or .45ACP pistol to Springfield at no cost to you. Springfield will upgrade your 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm or .45ACP pistol with the new components, and return it to you. Springfield will provide tracking numbers so you can monitor the receipt and return of your upgrades.
Questions?

Get Started Here : http://www.springfieldrecall.com/ReCall.asp

Visit www.springfield-armory.com for further information about this safety recall. You can reach the Springfield Armory Call Center at 800-680-6866. Springfield apologizes for this inconvenience, but your safety is our paramount concern.

We greatly appreciate your loyalty to Springfield products.

mike
mike

Springfield just released their recall update for 10/11/2013 They are making it right.

Tim O'Rear
Tim O'Rear

Springfield received my firearm on September 11. I was advised today their is still no solution and still no ETA on the return of my firearm. I asked about a refund and was told no decision has been made on potential refunds. I hope this is resolved soon. I really liked my XDS as a primary concealed carry/back up gun. Springfield has served us well in the past, I hope we can continue to trust them. I hope they are not fixing all of the FFL firearms first. Springfield should take care of their paid customers first or they may… Read more »

Gary
Gary

Because of a medical issue, I missed the FedEx return window and can not return the piece via the password and login I was given. I was directed to support and a confusing instruction on the alternated FedEx return “process”. Can I use UPS instead? The FedEx process is a nightmare for me to use.

Scott
Scott

Just got off the phone after being called back about a message I left for Springfield yesterday. They are moving their estimate to 8-10 weeks. They still do not have the fix and my RMA was one if the first they received. They sounded very unconcerned that this new firearm that I had for less than 2 weeks, and is my sole defense weapon, would not be returned soon. I liked the gun for the time that I had it. However, I will most likely sell once it is returned, and will not be buying another, unless something seriously is… Read more »

james
james

I was told by a dealer they are fixing all the FFL’s XDS’s first so if your a privite owner expect a long wait.

Larry L
Larry L

I just spoke with Springfield. It’s a 30 day turn around from the date Springfield receives the gun. They say they are sorry but that’s all you get.

Scott Kent
Scott Kent

Calling does no good – they have an answering machine and after calling almost two weeks ago have not heard from them. Had to get on the website and do it that way. Still waiting for shipping label.

Andy woidyla
Andy woidyla

I sent mine back aweek and half ago and would like to know the turn around time!!

Keith Vance
Keith Vance

Hoe long is turnaround time? I need an answer!

Linda Clayton
Linda Clayton

Hey, if you DO NOT HAVE THE PARTS
HOW ABOUT A REPLACEMENT!!
THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!!I PICKED UP MY
GUN TODAY, THREE HOURS AGO.

l schrum
l schrum

I just filled out the paper work but am going to wait for a turn around time before shipping mine into springfield heaven. What the heck is going on? thank you.

g snyder
g snyder

I think it would be wise for springfeild to just take a moment and address everyone who has invested in there product,we just want to know the process and what to expect,if they can’t do that,I won’t by another

Steve

For those asking about the “turnaround” time: Springfield just called me. In true form, I was just told, “Oh, we don’t even have the replacement parts yet”.
So, if they say 2 weeks, at minimum, I feel that these “defective” weapons should be replaced. Why did they ask for them to be returned without telling us the timeframe and the fact that THEY DID NOT HAVE THE PARTS? It really causes me to second guess buying anything else. Just Sayin, not the best way to instill faith in your customer base.

Steve

I know that every company occasionally has issues but, it would seem that Springfield could, at least give us some idea on turnaround time. Mine was sent on Friday and it is my carry weapon.

Todd
Todd

Mine is on it’s way, I’m going to hope for one of the first in one of the first out.

Charles
Charles

Mines already down road. Because of holiday it should arrive in Geneseo, IL on Tuesday. Hopefully this nonsense won’t take long. – X fingers –

Brian
Brian

These things happen. New products. I can understand. Go back to my Kahr PM9 for a bit. Loved my XD-S though. Put hundreds of rounds thru it w/o a hitch. Doesn’t matter where they’re built. Seems like the crazy Russians and Chinese built AK’s for decades and they’ve seemed to work just fine.

john gampo

how long is the turnaround time

Tom
Tom

This could take months to complete.. Looks like over 300k weapons.. I am not sending mine until u tell me it’s a 5 day turnaround back to me.. This is what we get for not manufacturing this in the USA

wmorath
wmorath

wheres that get started button Icannot find it either

gary old school
gary old school

Thanks T for the help finding the get started button. I am not the best on the computer but your info helped me all the way.

T
T

The get started button is on another page. to find, Click on the blue link above, under “what will Springfield do?” the link is http://WWW.Springfield-armory.com . when the page loads, in the lower right hand corner, click the box that says learn more about this recall. you will find the “get started” button at the top of the that page

Greg
Greg

How long is the recall good for ? I’m gonna be heading out hunting in a couple weeks and would rather send it in when I get back.

Nick
Nick

This is my carry gun I will feel naked without it noooooo this can’t happen 🙁

Maurice Pelletier
Maurice Pelletier

Cannot find the begin process at top of page. Can we get this done by calling the 800 number

steve
steve

like James this is my favorit primary carry and feel naked with out it

David clement
David clement

Im being told this includes the 40 also, but your website dont

Joe
Joe

Where is the “get started ” button? Using the serial number range given, mine falls under this recall.

James
James

Do you know what the approximate turn around time is? I use the XD-s .45 as my primary carry and don’t want to be seperated from it for too long.

pittypat21