By James White
Montana – -(Ammoland.com)- One of the greatest frustrations that I face, and have for some time now, is the lack of participation in the fight for liberty by individuals who are clearly “awake.”
These people know what we are up against, but they are content to let the few among us do most of the heavy lifting while they parade through meeting after meeting… only to go home and do nothing.
I ran into my pastor last weekend at the gun show, and I strongly expressed to him the displeasure I felt about my fellow man and the frustrations I just wrote about.
He looked at me and said, “Well you don’t keep your eyes on man, do you Jim?” The question was rhetorical, and certainly had its intended impact. This on the heels of speaking to another friend, former military, who unsympathetically told me to stop complaining and be the leader.
Growing hurts. So it is with those words of wisdom in mind that I write the following. I began to think that there must be some way to take the energy I expend on my frustrations and use it to turn my frown upside down. The following list of action items are my attempt to do just that. This list is not complete, and I encourage additional suggestions in the comments.
These can easily be done by anyone who is not bed-ridden. You may notice, they go from low activity tasks to more active involvement as you get your legs under you.
- E-mail, e-mail, e-mail – If you have e-mail, you qualify for this task. There is no easier way to get the word out than e-mail. You can find a list of your local, state and federal representatives pretty easily with a search online. Pick a topic that you feel strongly about and start sending e-mails. Do not forget to include your friends, you might just inspire someone else. If you have hesitated in the past because you didn’t want to be tracked or alert the “authorities” about your views, do not let that stop you now because we’re ALL being tracked anyway.
- Blogging – Again, a simple task for anyone with an internet connection. We all have opinions, regardless of how we decide to express, or not express, them publicly. Blogging or creating an account on your favorite website to make comments is free and easy. Still feel a bit weird about it? Use a fake name. Even if you suck at first, just keep writing. You will get better. Remember to embrace your critics, and you will have them, for they only serve to harden you in the long run. ( Editors Note: Anyone is welcome to send Ammoland Shooting Sports News a Letter to the Editor at [email protected] )
- Create a weekly podcast – Here is another, almost free, activity that you can engage in. Break cheap for a decent microphone, and you are pretty much ready to go. A quick online search will reveal a multitude of free recording software, and with it plenty of venues for you to choose from in which to broadcast your work. Use your own name, or use an alias. Keep in mind that the important thing in the equation is not you, but the information.
- Flyers – Once again, this is something that can mostly be done at home. But, you will need to leave the cave briefly to complete this task. If you have a printer, you are the person for this mission. Pick one of the first ten amendments, or a particular quote or fact that suits you, and put it into a flyer. I am willing to bet that most everyone has a printer, and many have the software on their computer to create a simple flyer. Hang it on the peg-board that is present outside 99% of the grocery stores in this land. Still feel weird? Tack them on telephone poles under cover of darkness to maintain your anonymity.
Want a bit more action? The following tasks will take you out of your mom’s basement into the real world.
- City Council Meetings – I do not know the rules for every community, but I would safely guess that everyone who reads this has some form of regular meetings taking place, regarding the town in which they live, within 20 miles of them. Pair up with a friend and make a commitment to regularly attend these meeting once you locate them. Take good notes for dissemination in e-mail, and for the blog that you created a few steps back. Once you get a feel for how the meetings work, take that next bold step and get your time on the microphone to express your views. Remember, these people are elected and have their salaries paid for by you.
- Video Journalism – Most everyone has a phone with video capabilities these days, and a YouTube account is still free last time I checked. Take a topic that you are opinionated about and take to the streets. If you are friendly and act appropriately, most people will stop to answer a question or two while you record it. Take the video and post it on your newly created YouTube account. Look at the work of guys like Mark Dice or Luke Rudkowski. I do not know them personally, but I would bet that either of them has formal acting lessons on their resume’. Trust me, it gets easier each time you do it.
- Call for a Town Hall Meeting – Post flyers with the skills that you practiced earlier in this list and call for a Town Hall meeting. It will likely be slow going at first, but then again you may realize instant success; for many people are fed-up these days. Many local restaurants have larger meeting rooms and would welcome the increased traffic on their slow evenings. Like a Tuesday, for example. Perhaps you can even speak to the manager and get them to agree to post a flyer, or otherwise promote your meeting. If it grows beyond the restaurants capacity, a local hotel meeting room can be rented for fairly cheap, especially on those slow nights through the week. Pass a hat around to cover the expense.
- Run for Public Office – I am not so certain that we can effect much change within the current corrupt system, but we have to try while we still can. I am no expert on running for public office, but I do know how to search YouTube and the web to find answers. Do not try to take on the world right away. Run for something like your school board, or PTA. Get your feet wet before you decide to go big-time. Your town does have a website, and on it you will likely find all of the forms or requirements that you will need to run for public office. If you stand firm on the US Constitution and maintain a strong foundation for liberty, your message will sell… that I can almost guarantee.
That’s all I have for now. As I said, not complete but hopefully a good start. I implore those who may read these musings to take that next step from gathering Intel, to taking action. Freedom is NEVER free, and there is no time like the present to start paying your share. This country is bleeding out right before our eyes… is there not a cause?
About NorthWest Liberty News
NorthWest Liberty News is Picking the Lock on the Shackles of Tyranny. Visit www.northwestlibertynews.com