Fairfax, VA -(AmmoLand.com)- The NRA joins the U.S. Forest Service, Noble Energy, Colorado Parks and Wildlife and Tread Lightly! in completing an enhancement project for the Baker Draw Designated Shooting Area on the Pawnee National Grassland.
Baker Draw is the first designated shooting area constructed on public lands north of the Denver metropolitan area. It officially opened in January 2014 and can accommodate up to 30 shooters at one time.
The popularity of this new shooting area prompted the need to make enhancements to the facility. Shade structures have been added over the benches and restrooms have been installed. To finish the enhancements at Baker Draw, a volunteer workday has been scheduled.
The NRA’s Brian Hyder will be participating. It is through his efforts that the NRA provided grant money for the development of Baker Draw. Brian would like to meet as many NRA members who are able to join him for this event.
- When: Monday, September 21, 2015 starting at 9:00 am and ending around 11:30am.
- Where: Baker Draw Shooting Area parking lot:
- What to bring: Comfortable work boots, gloves, hat and sunscreen (lunch & water provided)
- Register to volunteer: https://tinyurl.com/BakerDraw
- Contact: Evan Robins at [email protected] or 801-627-0077 ext. #15
About the NRA-ILA:
Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the “lobbying” arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.