Outdoor specialty retailer doubles in size to cater to outdoor enthusiasts
Niles, OH -(AmmoLand.com)- Gander Mountain, the nation’s largest and fastest-growing outdoor specialty retailer is celebrating its new store in Niles with a grand opening ceremony, live music, celebrity appearances, giveaways and kids’ activities for the community.
The 61,320-square-foot plus store is located 2390 Niles Cortland Road SE in Niles. As part of the grand opening, the first 250 customers through the door each day from Friday, March 18 through Sunday, March 20, will receive a free scratch-off card. Every card is a winner with prizes including gift cards valued up to $100, discounts up to 50 percent off, shirts, hats and more. Guests may also register for a chance to win a $500 Gander Mountain gift card.
“The Niles store has nearly doubled its size to help the area’s outdoor enthusiasts find the gear they need for fishing, hunting, boating, archery and camping,” said Dustin Sumner, general manager of the Niles Gander Mountain store. “Gander Mountain has been in the region since 1999 and is celebrating its new location with a family-friendly weekend for the community of Niles.”
Events and appearances will occur from Friday, March 18, until Sunday, March 20 and include:
- Official Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on Friday at 9:45 a.m.; doors open at 10 a.m.
- Live performance by country artist and Headhunters TV host Nate Hosie at 9 a.m. before doors open on Friday. Hosie will do a meet-and-greet the same day from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Professional football player and pro bowler Gary Barnidge will be at the store on Friday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Professional football player and nine-time pro bowler Joe Thomas will join on Sunday from noon to 2 p.m. to sign autographs.
- Pro-staffers Carl Drake, Jesse and Ginger Morehead, John Gillman and Rob Ruckman will provide demos and interact with customers throughout the weekend.
- Free line winding during the Berkley Trilene Happy Hour from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday.
- The first 100 kids can design their own fishing lure at the Spro’s Create-A-Lure event on Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from noon to 3 p.m.
- The first 75 kids each day can Build-A-Call and learn to use it with the help of Buck Gardner Calls from noon to 2 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- Kids can also learn to cast at the Casting Event, sponsored by Shimano, from noon to 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
A full schedule of events and appearances is available at GanderMountain.com.
With the opening of the new store, guests will be able to enjoy the company’s Best Price Plus program. If a guest finds a lower advertised price on an identical in-stock item at another local retailer, Gander Mountain will match it plus give the guest 10 percent of the difference.
The store offers an extensive selection of men’s and women’s active performance outdoor and lifestyle apparel, featuring exciting brands like Under Armour, The North Face, GSX, Columbia, Carhartt, Guide Series and Kühl, and a wide variety of men’s and women’s active footwear, including brands like Asics, Carhartt, Ariat, Muck, Gander Mountain, Merrell, Rocky, Reebok, Reef, Keen, Irish Setter, Teva, New Balance, Timberland, LaCrosse, Skechers, Saucony and Under Armour.
Those interested in careers with Gander Mountain can explore current opportunities and submit an application online at www.GanderMountain.com/careers.
About Gander Mountain Company:
Gander Mountain Company, headquartered in St. Paul, Minn., is the nation’s largest and fastest-growing retail network of outdoor specialty stores for hunting, fishing, camping, marine and outdoor lifestyle products and services. Since 1960, Gander Mountain has offered the best selection of outdoor equipment, technical apparel, active casual wear, and footwear featuring national, regional and specialty brands at competitive prices. Focused on a “We Live Outdoors” culture, Gander Mountain dedicates itself to creating outdoor memories. Gander Mountain has launched a national campaign encouraging responsible firearms ownership – take the Responsibility Pledge at www.GanderMountain.com and use the hashtag #responsibilitypledge in social media to raise awareness. Gander Mountain has 163 conveniently-located outdoor lifestyle stores in 27 states. Gander Mountain is also the parent company of Overton’s (www.overtons.com), a leading catalog and Internet based retailer of products for boating and other water sports enthusiasts.
For the nearest store location call 800-282-5993 or visit www.GanderMountain.com.